T95 Allwinner H616 TV Box

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
How to update GooglePlay? APKpure not work (instalation failure).
How to certificate Google apps and turn on DRM/HDCP?
I've managed to update the play store with the help of X-plore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

I doubt it will help you to get this device certified. it's made with "borrowed" firmware and apps without being registered with google. can't see google ever certifying this box let alone giving it widevine legitimacy.

but if you still wanna update play store...

• make sure root is activated, preferably via magisk but the root switch will work, it's just a bad idea to have anything that asks for root to get it on a box like this. see the first post for details.

• install X-plore, go into it's configuration and choose root access as superuser + mount writable.

• download a play store apk that's universal i.e. for any device or for Armv7 and rename it to PlayStore.apk exactly. I originally said get an arm v8 version but must be v7

• navigate to /system/priv-app/PlayStore and move the original file somewhere safe. delete any other files in the folder and then copy the renamed downloaded file to that location.

• long press on the apk you've just moved and scroll to the bottom of the list that pops up to permissions. make the permissions read 644 over on the right, check this if needed https://chmodcommand.com/chmod-644/

• once it's said success on changing it's permissions reboot the box and the homescreen button for play store will open the newer version you've swapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: m1lanco

Hieuwyatt

Jul 9, 2021
Hi everyone, i use my boc T95 H616 allwinner 4+32GB
Anychance for this device can use Netflix ver for Android TV, not netflix ver for mobile ??

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
worth a try but you shouldn't bet on getting higher resolution or HDR, this box is as far from ever being certified as it gets.

I've managed to update the play store with the help of X-plore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

I doubt it will help you to get this device certified. it's made with "borrowed" firmware and apps without being registered with google. can't see google ever certifying this box let alone giving it widevine legitimacy.

but if you still wanna update play store...

• make sure root is activated, preferably via magisk but the root switch will work, it's just a bad idea to have anything that asks for root to get it on a box like this. see the first post for details.

• install X-plore, go into it's configuration and choose root access as superuser + mount writable.

• download a play store apk that's universal i.e. for any device or for Armv7 and rename it to PlayStore.apk exactly. I originally said get an arm v8 version but must be v7

• navigate to /system/priv-app/PlayStore and move the original file somewhere safe. delete any other files in the folder and then copy the renamed downloaded file to that location.

• long press on the apk you've just moved and scroll to the bottom of the list that pops up to permissions. make the permissions read 644 over on the right, check this if needed https://chmodcommand.com/chmod-644/

• once it's said success on changing it's permissions reboot the box and the homescreen button for play store will open the newer version you've swapped.
@3mel If you need certification for whatever reason on this Google play.

Use a file manager with # privileges
Goto data / data / com.android.vending /sharedprefs
Look for Finsky.xml
Open in text editor
Look for the line
<boolean.device.google.certified<string>"false" >
Change the "false" to "true"
Save the file
Reboot

Go back to Google play, settings your device will now be "certified". This spoof works on any android device

Hope this helps

Ps.. Any news on a recent firmware with magisk for 4/64 T95 box?

Reactions: 3mel

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@3mel If you need certification for whatever reason on this Google play.

Use a file manager with # privileges
Goto data / data / com.android.vending /sharedprefs
Look for Finsky.xml
Open in text editor
Look for the line
<boolean.device.google.certified<string>"false" >
Change the "false" to "true"
Save the file
Reboot

Go back to Google play, settings your device will now be "certified". This spoof works on any android device

Hope this helps

Ps.. Any news on a recent firmware with magisk for 4/64 T95 box?
that's a nice tip there! I've actually all but given up on this box now, I've never been into burning cards for firmware flashes.

Reactions: clarkgable
that's a nice tip there! I've actually all but given up on this box now, I've never been into burning cards for firmware flashes.
Haha me too I only looked through the old post as the kids box went on the blink.
I use an ugoos am6 plus in my living room now with sasvlad firmware. Will never look back..

Hope you're well

Regards

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
it sounds wrong to say ooh nice box but ooh nice box!

yeah the t95 went down to one working USB port which annoyed me, the rest is running better than ever but I got myself X96Max Plus2 now @Bertonumber1

It's not working,anyway tks u
anyone have netflix ver ATV can work on this box T95,don't need 4K,JUST need HD or at least 720p
Don't use Ninja... Try this

If this doesn't work try another older armv7 non android TV version. It will work eventually.

Regards

Hieuwyatt

Jul 9, 2021

If this doesn't work try another older armv7 non android TV version. It will work eventually.

Regards

Regards
Tks u but i need netflix ver for Android TV, use remote ,netflix u give is vet mobile, use mouse

luckgames

Jul 1, 2021
first sorry for my translator english lol
on this link I saw the vontar x1 hardware and it is identical to my t95 including this one marked on the board as t95 max

ebd44d1a45.jpg

11b0cdc54b.jpg

would it be possible to use the same rom because it seems stable?

luckgames

Jul 1, 2021
look what I found the real manufacturer !
or one of the manufacturers lol

Reactions: clarkgable

luckgames

Jul 1, 2021
T95 é um chipset H616, T95Max é um chipset H6

São duas cpu diferentes, sendo a h616 mais moderna / potente.

O que você está planejando fazer? Flash de firmwares H616?

Se precisar de ajuda é só pedir

Cumprimen
Sorry for my translation , i want to say that vontar x1 is equal to t95 h616.
This photo is from vontar x1 including the link shows everything about it including internal memory
and so on and so forth.

I have version x23 on my T95, and it sucks I think I'll test version 14 to see if it improves.

My model came without bluetooth, I was also mistaken as being 4gb of ram and 32gb of rom but I actually have a 2/16.

Last edited:
I've just updated my T95 2.4G box to X27 with the link at the bottom of this page. You will notice the 2.4/5 Bluetooth version link as well.

luckgames

Jul 1, 2021
I've just updated my T95 2.4G box to X27 with the link at the bottom of this page. You will notice the 2.4/5 Bluetooth version link as well.

it looks like the x27 version is crypto and can't install any rom anymore except by ota.
read about it on a Russian forum.

it looks like the x27 version is crypto and can't install any rom anymore except by ota.
read about it on a Russian forum.
Well, I updated from X19 to X27 and it has resulted in a better performance for me. Everyone must make their own decisions, but I don't regret it. I have read the forum you are referring to and it seems that results may vary depending on which box you have. As I said, mine has been a positive experience.

Tambucha

Aug 29, 2021
Go to https://androidpctv.com/ and search 'H616 firmware'. There you will find lots of images to download. I accidently bricked my QP Love 4GB Ram, 128 GB Rom and was not able to find the original firmware for it. Luckily, I downloaded 4 firmware images for various brands containing the H616 chipset. They all worked, but I settled for the Transpeed 6K firmware because it contained the full version of the Google Play app instead of the Android TV Box version.

Attached is a link of a video of how I keep it cool:

My only issue with this firmware is that it caps the maximum clock speed to 1.5Mhz when it is capable of 1.9Mhz (non overclocked)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transpeed T98-616
    If you want custom rom with root and update 2020.10.21 the room fully working :) its better then stock some memory optimization was done .
    Flash with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
    First change language from russian to english and then connect to the internet run magisk tv box will reboot
    Creators of the room bosia_angel and VPS56:

Download here
    Just google "Allwiner update guide"
    Best with Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool (You need a usb-A to usb-A cable)
    Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
    I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
    Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
    Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.
    Here is the latest firmware with working Wifi

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
    Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.
    I have this box on magisk 20.4 direct install T95 h616-10.01.14. X18

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
    Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.