• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T95 Max/Aeromedia/Justop Nanomax Allwinner H6 Android 7.1.2 Rom

Search This thread
T95 MAX - AEROMEDIA NANOMAX (T95 MAX Clone) ALLWINNER H6 CHIPSET EXCELLENT REPLACEMENT CUSTOM FIRMWARE BY [email protected]/FREAKTAB ANDROID 7.1.2 NOUGAT

When flashing your box with firmware there is always risks and these risks are to be understood solely by the user. Please understand that neither I or anyone at xda can be held liable for what you decide to do to your box.

I have seen many struggle to get a replacement firmware for the T95Max/ Nanomax box from Justopuk.

I am posting this for anyone who wants it and will link to instructions on how to replace the horrible stock firmware on the above boxes..

what's in it? This rom has been tweaked for better performance, much better kernel tuning and thermals, comes with magisk 19 which can be updated. Nova Launcher which can also be updated.

wht doesn't work? some lose ability of stock remote, this can be replaced via airmouse/keyboard and there is built in "advanced power menu! Quick reboot app to power off/on boot to recovery etc

T95MAX_SCV2.img Rom here :

https://mega.nz/file/iIsymLoD#UjQ6kp4UoTQus4XaUgujrsKX7Wd0tIT5KKZN9q0uk1g

Unofficial TWRP : This needs to be placed on USB and once you have flashed the rom, boot into recovery, apply update from external. This will USB boot to TWRP and let you back/up restore either from ext/int sdcard.

TWRP_TX6. IMG https://mega.nz/file/bZlmmZJC#-0mwsuzImK25aPWRaXFWCgiO-CzfI3ma-W01VOC90y8

Phoenix USB 4.0 :

https://mega.nz/folder/jd0GEZJQ#7_GRu5o9Ll3AygdetcdPNQ

T95max Instructions for flashing :

Download and extract from the archive Phoenix USB Pro 4.0
Download and Install USB_android driver

Install the driver by specifying the path via device driver in Windows (you may need to disable the driver's digital signature verification )

Restart the PC (although the driver is signed and everything went well without it).

Launch PHOENIX USB PRO , select THE T95MAX_SCV2. IMG File.

We will need a USB-A to USB-A cable

Then connect the cable to the PC,

Take a toothpick or something like that and insert it into the jack 3.5 (sound output) and press the button hidden there.

Connect the USB-USB cable to the set-top box to the USB 2.0 connector in the centre (T95Max)

Keep the button pressed, Until you see a green tick on screen (phoenix usb Pro gui)

You will see the progress as Phoenix begins preparation of the Flash

after the computer has identified the set-top box, release the button and connect the power cable.

Wait until it displays end/finish firmware then Unplug USB to USB and plug the dc power back in for first boot.

Enjoy

Rom twrp courtesy of beny and 4pda

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldar2806

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@Bertonumber1, saw your question on freaktab and just wanted to say to the best of my knowledge you can't make TWRP the permanent recovery. you've gotta load it up each time you wanna use it on other boxes too.

Last edited:
@Bertonumber1, saw your question on freaktab and just wanted to say to the best of my knowledge you can't make TWRP the permanent recovery. you've gotta load it up each time you wanna use it on other boxes too.

Yeah mate, needs to be booted rom the USB. I figured that a while ago after messing aournd with this box and another couple I had. But thanks anyway for letting me know. :good: cheers

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
if I get another box in the future I'll make sure it's a pre android 10 AMLogic chipset box. that forum is buzzing with roms and mods.

if I get another box in the future I'll make sure it's a pre android 10 AMLogic chipset box. that forum is buzzing with roms and mods.

Yeah, this box I have is okay, It works better on nougat than it did on pie, I'm happy with it.
I lost the stock remote but always use the rii keyboard / airmouse anyway and use advanced reboot app to turn off so its not too much of a loss.

I prefer Allwinner devices to Amlogic and have tried allsorts of different devices and roms.

IMO after all the modding and tweaking over the years. I think it's best just to update your stock rom to the latest security patch etc, root, debloat and get a custom launcher.

Unless your running a stable rom, the bugs and problems just ain't worth the hassle.

@deano2011 here's example of active cooling, it don't need to be perfect m8 just make sure it's sealed so the air flows to the board :good:

Aeromedia (Justopuk) Nanomax (T95max Clone) - Shipped with Android 9 stock Unrooted.

Flashed with [email protected] build T95Max_SCV2.IMG via Phoenix USB Pro 4.0 (windows 10)

Rooted Android 7, WiFi Bt chromecast all working,
Stock remote don't work but Airmouse does.
Strip all unnecessary apps, replace webview with bromite and Adaway.
Result : heats up a little under heavy usage but fan takes care of that, expect 32 degrees when active cooling (raspberry pi 4b case fan) is activated.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1609692312.jpg
    Snapchat-1609692312.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

deano2011

Dec 15, 2011
@deano2011 here's example of active cooling, it don't need to be perfect m8 just make sure it's sealed so the air flows to the board :good:

Aeromedia (Justopuk) Nanomax (T95max Clone) - Shipped with Android 9 stock Unrooted.

Flashed with [email protected] build T95Max_SCV2.IMG via Phoenix USB Pro 4.0 (windows 10)

Rooted Android 7, WiFi Bt chromecast all working,
Stock remote don't work but Airmouse does.
Strip all unnecessary apps, replace webview with bromite and Adaway.
Result : heats up a little under heavy usage but fan takes care of that, expect 32 degrees when active cooling (raspberry pi 4b case fan) is activated.

many thanks Berton' i will most likely give it a shot bud' at least the cpu/gpu won't be throttled under load with active cooling as the allwinner H6 chipset does get rather hot anyways with the manufacturer process of the chip being 28nm:eek: vs S905X2/X3 12nm process :good:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Yeah, this box I have is okay, It works better on nougat than it did on pie, I'm happy with it.
I lost the stock remote but always use the rii keyboard / airmouse anyway and use advanced reboot app to turn off so its not too much of a loss.

I prefer Allwinner devices to Amlogic and have tried allsorts of different devices and roms.

IMO after all the modding and tweaking over the years. I think it's best just to update your stock rom to the latest security patch etc, root, debloat and get a custom launcher.

Unless your running a stable rom, the bugs and problems just ain't worth the hassle.

I agree with you about stability (and with phones, optimisation) being better on stock roms but I want a recents menu and notification bar. I don't think these fly by night brands put in the effort to create a good product.

Last edited:
I agree with you about stability (and with phones, optimisation) being better on stock roms but I want a recents menu and notification bar. I don't think these fly by night brands put in the effort to create a good product.

Definitely, I think these roms have just been thrown together to get ppl up and running quickly with regard to movies etc, you're right, no thought has been put into settings menu, I noticed the only way you can access developer menu is to search for a setting lol.
But hats off to the guy beny he did make good progress on what was already a shockingly bad Chinese stock firmware

N3XU55

Dec 17, 2020
hello, can you help me. I can't flash image files on Phoenix USB 4.0 and can't figure out why. :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T95 MAX - AEROMEDIA NANOMAX (T95 MAX Clone) ALLWINNER H6 CHIPSET EXCELLENT REPLACEMENT CUSTOM FIRMWARE BY [email protected]/FREAKTAB ANDROID 7.1.2 NOUGAT

When flashing your box with firmware there is always risks and these risks are to be understood solely by the user. Please understand that neither I or anyone at xda can be held liable for what you decide to do to your box.

I have seen many struggle to get a replacement firmware for the T95Max/ Nanomax box from Justopuk.

I am posting this for anyone who wants it and will link to instructions on how to replace the horrible stock firmware on the above boxes..

what's in it? This rom has been tweaked for better performance, much better kernel tuning and thermals, comes with magisk 19 which can be updated. Nova Launcher which can also be updated.

wht doesn't work? some lose ability of stock remote, this can be replaced via airmouse/keyboard and there is built in "advanced power menu! Quick reboot app to power off/on boot to recovery etc

T95MAX_SCV2.img Rom here :

https://mega.nz/file/iIsymLoD#UjQ6kp4UoTQus4XaUgujrsKX7Wd0tIT5KKZN9q0uk1g

Unofficial TWRP : This needs to be placed on USB and once you have flashed the rom, boot into recovery, apply update from external. This will USB boot to TWRP and let you back/up restore either from ext/int sdcard.

TWRP_TX6. IMG https://mega.nz/file/bZlmmZJC#-0mwsuzImK25aPWRaXFWCgiO-CzfI3ma-W01VOC90y8

Phoenix USB 4.0 :

https://mega.nz/folder/jd0GEZJQ#7_GRu5o9Ll3AygdetcdPNQ

T95max Instructions for flashing :

Download and extract from the archive Phoenix USB Pro 4.0
    Download and Install USB_android driver

Install the driver by specifying the path via device driver in Windows (you may need to disable the driver's digital signature verification )

Restart the PC (although the driver is signed and everything went well without it).

Launch PHOENIX USB PRO , select THE T95MAX_SCV2. IMG File.

We will need a USB-A to USB-A cable

Then connect the cable to the PC,

Take a toothpick or something like that and insert it into the jack 3.5 (sound output) and press the button hidden there.

Connect the USB-USB cable to the set-top box to the USB 2.0 connector in the centre (T95Max)

Keep the button pressed, Until you see a green tick on screen (phoenix usb Pro gui)

You will see the progress as Phoenix begins preparation of the Flash

after the computer has identified the set-top box, release the button and connect the power cable.

Wait until it displays end/finish firmware then Unplug USB to USB and plug the dc power back in for first boot.

Enjoy

Rom twrp courtesy of beny and 4pda