Tab 3 7.0 3G receives Official KiKat !

Search This thread

tharmor

Jun 18, 2013
Tried it and it failed...managed to get tablet working again luckily...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Dont try it soft bricks the device....

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Nothing for me...i unrooted to check it

abart83

Apr 12, 2012
i have this Tab and I am in Pakistan, I will wait for this update for this region, i hope that would come soon without much buggs!

mobajlnik

Sep 13, 2008
Prague
Installed via Odin and everything works without problems. The region Czech Republic XEZ.Stav official reports, updates also work, Kies also okay with XEZ region.

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Hahahhh that's actually true.
BTW, I'm sure Tab 3 10.1 will receive it too and very soon because Tab 3 10.1 LTE aka P5220 have 2GB of RAM :eek: while KK according to Samsung needs 1,5GB :D So after LTE model a genius dev will port it 3G and Wi-Fi version (same situation for S3 and Note 2)
The huge difference is that S3 has really huge development interest compared to Tab 3 10.1 that has nearly to zero, so still if that's the case with the releases, I see nearly to zero possibilities happening.

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
The huge difference is that S3 has really huge development interest compared to Tab 3 10.1 that has nearly to zero, so still if that's the case with the releases, I see nearly to zero possibilities happening.
You're right, Tab 3 10.1 have Zero Developers :(
BTW, we're just waiting for Sam to release it for Tab 3 10.1 LTE (since this one have 1 more Gig hidden :eek: , it have 2GB of RAM). When done for this device, then it will be easy to port to Wifi and 3G versions :D

Sent from my new PC, ready to build up AmatROM v2.0.....

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
You're right, Tab 3 10.1 have Zero Developers :(
BTW, we're just waiting for Sam to release it for Tab 3 10.1 LTE (since this one have 1 more Gig hidden :eek: , it have 2GB of RAM). When done for this device, then it will be easy to port to Wifi and 3G versions :D

Sent from my new PC, ready to build up AmatROM v2.0.....

The issue is that all people here that work on 10.1 work on anything else but what the device needs in general to shine, and what 5210 will need incase you'd need to port kitkat from 5220 which is a kernel and radios/drivers. Without that, things won't go far, especially if you try to port kitkat from 5220 because it's a mandatory step, you can't skip it. No disrespect intended, I'm just clearing up some things.

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
No....

The issue is that all people here that work on 10.1 work on anything else but what the device needs in general to shine, and what 5210 will need incase you'd need to port kitkat from 5220 which is a kernel and radios/drivers. Without that, things won't go far, especially if you try to port kitkat from 5220 because it's a mandatory step, you can't skip it. No disrespect intended, I'm just clearing up some things.
Porting official KK from P5220 to P5210 will be the easier thing ever !
WHY ?
Because:
CPUs are the same,
GPUs are the same,
Network Chips are the same,
BT Chips are the same,
Touchscreen adapters are the same,
Display adapters are the same,
In other word, all hardwares are the same exept the P5220 includes a LTE Module and 2GB RAM (RAM is not a problem, neither LTE Module b'coz the Tab can work w/o SIM Card).
Even you, can make this port !
You just need to modify the kernel to support the Wifi model and then remove the LTE Module drivers in the kernel and the system.
I'm waiting for the update of the LTE model...

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Network Chips are the same,
BT Chips are the same
In other word, all hardwares are the same exept the P5220 includes a LTE Module and 2GB RAM (RAM is not a problem, neither LTE Module b'coz the Tab can work w/o SIM Card).
Even you, can make this port !
You just need to modify the kernel to support the Wifi model and then remove the LTE Module drivers in the kernel and the system.
I'm waiting for the update of the LTE model...

That's not true, they have a different unified radio chip, so if you try to do that you will end up with a device that it's Wifi and BT don't work.
It's the same case as SIII and Note 10.1 but SIII users were lucky because they could pull the radio from a different device that shared the same drivers and got updated to KitKat. It's not always the case (like t211 and t210, it's only missing the cellular chip) but this device uses some pretty weird internals, for sure not something you see alot in Samsung devices. I also found it weird that it uses the same camera module with s5570, what did they do? They took the spare parts they had in their factory and put them on this device? :p

Also, last but not least, notice, as I said above, that nobody here even tried to touch the kernel in any way, let alone modifying it to port kitkat to it.

Last edited:

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
This rom working not good. affter have root if hard reset enter Recovery mode only.

I dont understand what you are trying to say... Do you want to say, if you try to get into recovery, your phone did a factory reset? If yes, did you reinstall a custom recovery again?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Waiting is over !
    Tab 3 7.0 3G aka SM-T211 just received KiKat update from Samsung
    :highfive:

Download :

Go here to download the firmware (It contains ODIN 3.09) :
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=31908

Firmware Details :

Model: SM-T211
    Model name: GALAXY Tab3 7.0 3G
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Change List: 2008434
    Build date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 08:08:27 +0000
    Product Code: ITV
    PDA: T211XXBNF5
    CSC: T211OXABNF5
    MODEM: T211XXBNF5

Instructions :

1) Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    2) Download Odin v3.09
    3) Extract Odin zip-file
    4) Open Odin v3.09
    5) Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6) Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7) Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    8) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9) Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Screenshots :

Nothing so far :laugh:
    Please do post screenshots in replies or PM me if you have some :cowboy:

Source :
    SamMobile

Notice :

This is a Italian firmware ! That mean your GSM may not work !
    Always remember I'm NOT responsible (anyhow) if you break your Tab or some stuff not working after the update :cowboy:

Credits and Thanks :

Special thanks to @hehk1234
    I own the Tab 3 lite SM T111. Yall think i could flash this on my tab?? Specs are very similar to each other. TIA for your help.

No sorry that isn't possible
    Well the ota failed on me. Tried updating and it said, "update failed"

Sent from my LG Optimus F7
    Try ODIN, it NEVER fail !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone