Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Here is an unexpected suprise...
If you happen to flash cf-auto-root after flashing a custom recovery the device reverts back to official status:good:

Clearly samsung did not want their developers to waste much time in the firmware:D:D:D:D

Reactions: HavokbyName

HavokbyName

Jun 18, 2014
just wanted to clarify an earlier post i made, going back to 4.2 is possible if you have a backup of it in twrp or other recovery, i just restored a 4.2 system & boot image and everything works as normal, even goes back to 4.2 kernel, at least there is minimal issue with this release, full knox would have been a real headache

smanq

Feb 27, 2013
Here is an unexpected suprise...
If you happen to flash cf-auto-root after flashing a custom recovery the device reverts back to official status:good:

Clearly samsung did not want their developers to waste much time in the firmware:D:D:D:D
I'll try to recap for clarifying:
1. We can flash the stock 4.4.2 ROM through Odin
2. Now we can flash a custom recovery (TWRP_T31x_r3.tar)
3. We can finally flash cf-auto-root.
With this 3 steps we will have a TAB3 8.0 with stock 4.4.2, rooted, with custom recovery and official knox status, right?
:)

Last edited:

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Please give me KitKat "cat /proc/cmdline" output. Though I have experience making WiFi only ROM working on 3G device, for now I will patiently wait for Samsung release.

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
just wanted to clarify an earlier post i made, going back to 4.2 is possible if you have a backup of it in twrp or other recovery, i just restored a 4.2 system & boot image and everything works as normal, even goes back to 4.2 kernel, at least there is minimal issue with this release, full knox would have been a real headache
One possible minimal issue is offline charging will always reboot to normal mode.

Reactions: HavokbyName

HavokbyName

Jun 18, 2014
One possible minimal issue is offline charging will always reboot to normal mode.

yeah...

attempting to charge whilst device is powered down using old 4.2 with new bootloader results in a grey battery icon center screen with a static circle, static icon & screen never goes off, not so good, guess that's one issue just found using older release with new bootloader, so offline charging isn't so friendly

same goes for custom rom, just checked with cm11

with stock 4.4, it has no such issue, not surprising, offline charging acts normally with green battery filling up & loading animation, 5 dots

---

@ketut.kumajaya

here's kitkat "cat /proc/cmdline" output

console=ram loglevel=4 sec_debug.level=0 sec_watchdog.sec_pet=5 androidboot.debug_level=0x4f4c [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] s3cfb.bootloaderfb=0x5ec00000 lcdtype=2049 consoleblank=0 lpj=3981312 vmalloc=176m oops=panic pmic_info=67 cordon=540b54ba3baeca9400db9ee8ca8a55ca connie=SM-T310_OPEN_EUR_7de22521b2ab8773703e844dacabe390 androidboot.emmc_checksum=3 androidboot.odin_download=1 androidboot.bootloader=T310XXUBNE9 androidboot.selinux=enforcing androidboot.warranty_bit=0 androidboot.sec_atd.tty=/dev/ttySAC2 androidboot.serialno=000000000000000 snd_soc_core.pmdown_time=1000

Last edited:
Reactions: ketut.kumajaya

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
I'll try to recap for clarifying:
1. We can flash the stock 4.4.2 ROM through Odin
2. Now we can flash a custom recovery (TWRP_T31x_r3.tar)
3. We can finally flash cf-auto-root.
With this 3 steps we will have a TAB3 8.0 with stock 4.4.2, rooted, with custom recovery and official knox status, right?
:)
Yes, but the custom recovery gets replaced by the one from cf-root that seems to be a officiant one.

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey

In that case then should be possible to downgrade to official 4.2 by simply removing the bootloader partition from the .tar file.

This is a 5 minute job in Linux with the right commands.

thebestiam

Jul 6, 2013
Can I manual update with this to kitkat??

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1403364736026.jpg
    1403364736026.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 345

faria

Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
New fetures

2014+-+1
2014+-+2

Anyone interested on this in their tablet?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Ported Quick connect and s finder on tab 3 8.
Samsung actually did not include the feature in the kitkat update , in a device that actually has the hardware for it! Up yours SAMSUNG!

Reactions: Smokey Mc Pot

Smokey Mc Pot

Mar 23, 2013
2014+-+1
2014+-+2

Anyone interested on this in their tablet?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Ported Quick connect and s finder on tab 3 8.
Samsung actually did not include the feature in the kitkat update , in a device that actually has the hardware for it! Up yours SAMSUNG!

Nice one!
Can you share the download links ?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi

HavokbyName

Jun 18, 2014
@HavokbyName I found:
New entry:
[email protected]
[email protected]
androidboot.selinux=enforcing
androidboot.warranty_bit=0
androidboot.sec_atd.tty=/dev/ttySAC2

Missing entry:
lpcharge=0

lpcharge mean low power charging. Why no androidboot.mode there? CM kernel still compatible to the old bootloader https://github.com/kumajaya/android...mmit/97e454051b3364deafcc47a0e76a3a4fae29c356 but for the new bootloader, maybe init process need to be changed.

not sure, don't know much about this stuff, that was the full output from that file, are these related to the new bootloader or kernel?

Last edited:
Reactions: ketut.kumajaya

thebestiam

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks for replying, By updating from Stock 4.2.2 to 4.4.2, Will i be able to keep ALL my data or it will reset the tablet?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.android.gs/galaxy-tab-3-8-0-wi-fi-android-4-4-2-ota-update-available-for-installation/
    f8iQiPthKphedyuS-OwQ8GDLluuNjKY0GnsLZrpcIT-o=w541-h865-no
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-03-56-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-03-57-29.png

Warning!!!
    Locked boot-loader, once you flash this update you cant downgrade (at Present)

Rom has no knox counter ( warranty Bit) or binary counter.
    Rom used to downgrades was T310XXUAMF1_T310OXXAMF1_HOME.tar

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
    you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

Update 1

Once You flash the rom the device will reboot several times, because my previous rom was customized i had to perform a hard reset.

this rom has some kind of KNOX according to superuser

The rom also adds a new entry to download mode AP SWREV: A1

How to root?

download Cf-auto-root from here and flash it via odin then go to google play and install superuser from chainfire, launch it and update normally.

UPDATE 2...
    Rom has a watered down version of knox but no common KNOX entrie in download mode.

Q:Can i install a custom recovery is this rom?
    A: YES.
    Warning!!!
    Locked boot-loader, once you flash this update you cant downgrade (at Present)

Rom has no knox counter ( warranty Bit) or binary counter.
    Rom used to downgrades was T310XXUAMF1_T310OXXAMF1_HOME.tar

Another safe way of trying this rom without fear, is flashing it with mobile odin,mobile odin does not flash boot-loaders so you are safe to downgrade etc.
    you may find that you WiFi does not work when rom flashed with mobile odin, that means that the older boot loader is not compatible with the new rom.

Q:Can i install a custom recovery is this rom?
    A: YES.
    I am not much into rooting so i needed a bit of help.
    I was able to flash the kitkat rom manually.
    now i want to root, so i wanted to ask you which version of odin should i use to flash cf auto root file and which all boxes should be ticked in odin.

if u could please give me a link of the correct odin version, that would be a great help. And also tell which boxes to tick in odin.

Thanks a lot :)

Use the same version you used for kitkat. The first box should be blue and auto reboot unchecked. Everything else is the same. click on ap and choose the cf auto file (post #1). Then click start. It will about 10 seconds and say reset. The keep it still pluged in and hold the power button to shutdown. It won't shutdown but actually reboot. The Samsung tab 3 sign will show, then the scary cf auto root red bot page and then continues with normal startup except it will say android updating. Grab a cup of coffee and give around 15 to 30 mins. When it's done, unlock your phone and go to super su. It will say knox detected, do you want to remove,Select yes. Then let it's binaries update. After that you ready to roll. Cheers☺☺☺

Don't forget to smash my thanks button!☺?

Sent from my expensive toaster.
    Yea! We need the jb video player! ☺☺☺
    Can anyone get it for us?
    I tried every player but the jb video player stands out of them all.
    Faria? Anyone? Unfortunately I'm not a developer.?
    And if someone can get it for us then everyone gains benefit from it.
    Please help us in this regard. ☺

I've managed to get hold of the Video Player from JellyBean if anyone wants to have a go at trying to install it in KitKat.
    Please let us know how it goes, and how you managed to achieve it.
    here, running latest cm build to date:

Well its official, custom kernels are supported!:laugh:
    the only thing we cant change is the bootloader, but at this stage who cares!

Many thanks.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone