TAB S 10.5 sm-t800 MARSHMALLOW

Search This thread
Would that be the United States version?

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I just checked Sammobile. I see Cellular South listed. Is that the U.S. version? I also see the firmware for Canada listed.

saivemu

Sep 20, 2015

Attachments

• IMG_20160919_174937.jpg
    IMG_20160919_174937.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 912

saivemu

Sep 20, 2015
Would that be the United States version?

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I just checked Sammobile. I see Cellular South listed. Is that the U.S. version? I also see the firmware for Canada listed.
just downloaded

Attachments

• IMG_20160919_183223.jpg
    IMG_20160919_183223.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 724

stm8

Dec 22, 2011
Midwest
I checked for the OTA update this morning, and saw it was available. I have been waiting for this, so I had already backed up all my data. I just did a full data reset from recovery, and now I am downloading the update. I wanted to install the update on a clean, fresh slate.

Stock/never rooted Tab S 10.5

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I checked for the OTA update this morning, and saw it was available. I have been waiting for this, so I had already backed up all my data. I just did a full data reset from recovery, and now I am downloading the update. I wanted to install the update on a clean, fresh slate.

Stock/never rooted Tab S 10.5
When I left the house it was at 228 of 250 apps optimized, should be good to go by the time that I return home. Any opinions on the update yet?

DBCAB

Nov 9, 2015
Grand Forks
When I left the house it was at 228 of 250 apps optimized, should be good to go by the time that I return home. Any opinions on the update yet?

I like it its smooth and fast good battery so far I installed twrp and root so was able to remove a few apps i didn't use all together seems a bit better then the New Zealand release which I had also tried, plus seemed a little different too maybe different apps/features, but its really nice. So Far really liking it, Oh I noticed the Camera Seemed better too.

hkklife

Apr 2, 2011
Got it installed OTA (had to manually pull it) last night on my Tab S 10.6 Wi-Fi T800 USA. Initial impressions are that it's definitely faster & smoother. Camera seems a touch faster to launch and focus but maybe it's just the placebo effect. Too early to tell on battery life yet. I sure wish they had tweaked the ROM a bit more and dumped the Hancom Office apps and replaced them with MS Office like on the Tab S2. Oh well. I can live without the major cosmetic changes too. I definitely feel like performance is finally back to where it was when this thing ran 4.4.4. It took absolutely forever but I am glad to see Samsung finally serving us a decent 6.0.1 build to put this fine tablet out to pasture in style.

Now, how about a Tab S3 10.5 refresh with Type-C, Samsung!?

Etoxqui

Sep 20, 2016
Thanks Samsung by hearing us! We love you!

I like it its smooth and fast good battery so far I installed twrp and root so was able to remove a few apps i didn't use all together seems a bit better then the New Zealand release which I had also tried, plus seemed a little different too maybe different apps/features, but its really nice. So Far really liking it, Oh I noticed the Camera Seemed better too.
Finally after months and months waiting after Marshmallow update, it's good to get it ready installed. Additionally, besides the good results testing it last day, I'd like to add that the security update is dated August, 2016, that it's good after all the issues in all Android devices due the backdoors identified and all the Trojan risks. No themes available (like at S6/S7 marshmallow versions), but more reliable and long lasting operation due the battery management. Really, really thanks Samsung! For me, Tab S still will be rocking for a while, I don't like the screen format copied from Apple in S2, I'd like the Tab S screen size 16:9 instead 4:3...no compliance, right now just compliments for you Samsung!!! I'll continue being a real fan and loyal customer for really good things, and technologically speaking, Samsung always does the best (they accepted immediately replace all Note 7 devices once they validated the battery issue, only biggest brands accepts and fix their mistakes immediately).. we're human beings!!

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 Wifi US (English) device with official marshmallow update running like a charm!!

Last edited:
How'd this work out for you? Did you flash the US version on top of the NZ version? No problems?

Yes I used Odin to flash it over the New Zealand version. I didn't notice any differences yet but I haven't really spent much time checking it out. I really wanted to do a factory reset before flashing but It takes me days to reinstall and reconfigure everything and I'm too lazy to go through that again.

tenek021

Sep 21, 2016
Hi just a newbie here, I'm from the Philippines. I would like to ask if the US marshmallow update will work with my Tab S even if my Tab is not a US variant? I will do the flash thing. the size of the US update is 1.6 Gb. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone