• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TAB S 10.5 sm-t800 MARSHMALLOW

Search This thread
Hi just a newbie here, I'm from the Philippines. I would like to ask if the US marshmallow update will work with my Tab S even if my Tab is not a US variant? I will do the flash thing. the size of the US update is 1.6 Gb. Thank you.
I just checked and don't see Philippine language listed on the U.S. firmware. There were a lot more languages listed on the New Zealand firmware that I flashed earlier but I don't remember what they all were. But since you can read English the U.S. firmware should be fine.

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA-Developers mobile app

MarkLI88

May 3, 2011
Did my update last night. What a difference! Performance is great, the home screen transitions are super smooth and fast now. I am running stock version stock with Nova Launcher. So far no issues to report, everything is working great, this update has made my tablet feel new again. Still need to test if battery life is improved. Very happy to finally have Marshmallow on my Tab S 10.5.

laurie9300

Feb 24, 2009
Sydney
Got my update too......

.........I'm upset

All the custom fonts I use for printing labels don't work now!

I can't find a fix.......looks like I'm going to have to root......

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Last night I had a really strange event with the SM-T800. I was on Facebook, I was using Boat Browser and had just opened a text box to post on my feed. All of a sudden things went down hill performance wise. It got VERY lagged, it stopped taking screen taps, it appeared to be locked up. I tried to power off and felt a small vibration and 5 minutes later the options for powering down appeared on screen but it would not accept a tap to confirm. Then the screen went black. Now what...looks like it powered off but it didn't because as soon as I connected the charger the screen came on then went out, then it showed as all snow and then went out again this time displaying the charging battery image. So I pressed the power button and it booted, so it did turn off. All seems to be fine after this boot. I'm supposing that my battery had drained down to next to nothing, I hope. But I wonder why I never got a low battery warning???

spud_work

Feb 9, 2009
Out there
Last night I had a really strange event with the SM-T800. I was on Facebook, I was using Boat Browser and had just opened a text box to post on my feed. All of a sudden things went down hill performance wise. It got VERY lagged, it stopped taking screen taps, it appeared to be locked up. I tried to power off and felt a small vibration and 5 minutes later the options for powering down appeared on screen but it would not accept a tap to confirm. Then the screen went black. Now what...looks like it powered off but it didn't because as soon as I connected the charger the screen came on then went out, then it showed as all snow and then went out again this time displaying the charging battery image. So I pressed the power button and it booted, so it did turn off. All seems to be fine after this boot. I'm supposing that my battery had drained down to next to nothing, I hope. But I wonder why I never got a low battery warning???

I've experienced something similar since applying the OTA. I've done a factory reset since and now the tablet seems much happier

Global_Killa

Mar 14, 2012
I like it its smooth and fast good battery so far I installed twrp and root so was able to remove a few apps i didn't use all together seems a bit better then the New Zealand release which I had also tried, plus seemed a little different too maybe different apps/features, but its really nice. So Far really liking it, Oh I noticed the Camera Seemed better too.

Hi, could you tell me what you used to root? Thanks

Top Liked Posts