Votes: 108 67.1%
  • no

Votes: 53 32.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

calvin1702

Jun 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
the rom is great! fast performance no doubt, however i notice there is a problem for the keyboard. When I switch to chinese character input under vertical mode, the keyboard is too large to display and only able to show around 85% of the keyboard, anyone discover this issue and any solution? thanks

LeandritoG

Sep 11, 2013
São Paulo
I'd like to know if we can install the launcher of this ROM on Gnabo ROM.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 with DarkLord Note 5 ROM and CiVz 1.0.8 kernel using XDA app

detroyerx

Dec 6, 2009
Guayaquil
@AhmedSafian

Thanks a lot for this awesome rom!!

Well, got a few bugs here on my N8000:

- SetupWizard crashed continously, so flashing SetupWizard apk from Gnabo v8 helped
- S Note and Action Memo are crashing when I want to create a new note
- app grid seems to be to big for Note 10.1 (just my personal preference)
- ScreenOff memo works after a few tries

Performance in general is speedy without any notable hickups here on my machine. S-Pen works without a flaw, no app crashes besides the above mentioned ones. First start with Magazine UX is a bit slow but it was stated by OP so nothing wrong with it.

That are my observations after spending a few minutes with this ROM. Let's see how it goes with a few days of real usage.

thanks for your feedback :highfive: ..

for S Note and Action Memo are crashing when you want to create a new note

put the attachment file into system/app and give it the right permission which are (rw-r-r)

and the crashing will ended :)

Jepp, you need to flash this file (GDrive). It's nothing special: Just SecWizard.apk from Gnabo v8 and all will go well. ;)

I found some few more bugs:

-There's not Data toggle.
-The "set wallpaper" options of the launcher have text white on white.
-When trying to set the wallpaper from the launcher, only the "home screen" option allows me to select the option of "more images", the other ones, "lock screen" "home and lock screen" when hitting "more images" it says "app isn't installed".
-similarly in option/device/wallpaper "lock screen" and "home and lockscreen" when trying to select wallpaper from "wallpapers" FC.

I tried flashing the "V8-FINAL-FIX" from Gnabo ROM thread with no luck :(

And for the people that is trying to install this ROM this are the steps u have to follow:

Important Before Flashing:
-Use Philz Touch recovery or CWM only! Do not use TWRP.
-do a full custom nandroid backup with this recovery, this is really important! Backup: boot, cache, data, modem, preload, system and efs. TWRP for this tablet doesn't backup the modem, and for some reason Gnabo's based Roms sometimes mess this partition and the efs partition the first time u flash it and u will need u r backup so again for the f@#$ sake don't use TWRP just Philz!!!

Steps( for version v. 10):
- download rom v.10 from OP (first page)
- download SecWizard fix (GDrive). thanks to @animelover (page 31 - post #313 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65959980&postcount=313 )
- download root fix SuperSu 2.46 updated from OP (first page - fixes and addon)
- put everything in the internal/external sdcard
- Full wipe (cache, dalvik, data, system) philz recovery
- Flash the ROM
- Flash SecWizard fix
- Flash root SuperSu 2.46
- Reboot
- download SpenSdk3.apk and put file into system/app and give it the right permission which are (rw-r-r) using root explorer included in the rom. Thanks to @AhmedSafian (page 31 - post #307 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65947316&postcount=307 )
- Enjoy

*in case u don't have network signal just wifi flash ur modem file from ur backup, if ur efs partition is OK that would be enough, if still no signal then flash ur efs backup too. That's it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-08-18-52-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-08-18-52-07.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 561
  • Screenshot_2016-05-08-20-45-18.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-08-20-45-18.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 563
  • Screenshot_2016-05-08-21-00-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-08-21-00-54.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 563
  • Screenshot_2016-05-08-22-40-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-08-22-40-39.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Reactions: c0r130n3

fsm

Jan 18, 2009
the rom is great! fast performance no doubt, however i notice there is a problem for the keyboard. When I switch to chinese character input under vertical mode, the keyboard is too large to display and only able to show around 85% of the keyboard, anyone discover this issue and any solution? thanks
I'm Chinese, will try it later.

fsm

Jan 18, 2009
The same as you, but we can use sougou input.

Reactions: calvin1702

the_kurgan

Mar 24, 2016
security question

first thanks for this amazing rom :)

I've a question, is this rom patched with security update to avoid the stagefright attack?

jfrancis552

Dec 16, 2015
the v10 for n8000 has been removed in the onedrive
can u pls fix it.... I tried downloading it in the past days, but may internet always fails.. now it has been removed in the onedrive

Adel_2

Jun 25, 2010
I love this ROM it is the best. Is there a way to update/upgrade kids mode to the new version?

f6fde5a9b94f7c15014cd95f165c9873.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts