Tab S3 emtremely lag issue

Search This thread

Sn33z3x

Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia
I got tab s3 days ago. It ran android 9 but since it was so laggy I decided to go back to Oreo but it does not seem to help. It is even laggy when I pull down the status bar, like a phone with 2gb of ram in 2019. I tried a hard reset, revert back to Oreo and wipe /cache in default recovery but nothing helps. Any suggestions for me guys :( I don't know what's happening with my tablet. Plus that Knox counter has not been tripped yet, Antutu score is 136594 (I find it normal) and it's still water-resistant. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Berkksheart

Berkksheart

Feb 24, 2016
Budapest
It's like that since the Pie update. I'm considering a rollback or perhaps a custom ROM if available. Some research must be done. Very disappointing. :/

pato2015

Apr 20, 2015
U S
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Install galaxy labs and app booster plugin. It will optimize the apps and your tab forsure function better.
Finally my tab s3 becomes snappier! but dont get me wrong lags still there but lessen a bit... stock andriod Pie.... wanna say thanks buddy! just bought this at amazon 3 days ago for $300.. dont know if ill exchange it for s4 add $200 but thats too much i think.

Last edited:

Ontanium

Jun 9, 2018
Not telling/UK
Interesting, my tab s3 lags a lot too. I originally got this for study (Paramedic school) and for jogging with. Hasn't quite worked out for me yet, but I'm hoping sai444's input will help here. Maybe a rollback too? Still have to research what Galaxy labs an d app booster are lol.

Ontanium

Jun 9, 2018
Not telling/UK
hmmmm, are you sure (as of Nov 2019) that this isn't just the built in device care? My device care says 100% optimised but I know that to be a bit false. Sure the device is relatively healthy but like this title suggests it behaves more like a device with 2GB. I guess a factory reset (again) and just limit the apps I use.

cryptonium

Dec 8, 2010
Kuwait City
I installed Galaxy Labs from APK Mirror to my Tab S3 and then tried clicking on App Booster. It says the content is not compatible with my tablet. The same message is displayed when I tried the other options.

Anyone else encounter this?

pooyab

Dec 3, 2009
Rasht

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
What resolved it for me is disabling via titaniumB. 80~90% of the bloatware.
I'm using oreo.

Antonielli

May 2, 2012
Lusaka
System UI isn't responding error

What resolved it for me is disabling via titaniumB. 80~90% of the bloatware.
I'm using oreo.

Please could you detail the process using titaniumB? My Tab S3 constantly freezes/lags and returns "System UI is not responding-Close or wait (as options)". It's so frustrating.

What apps are considered bloatware??

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
Well, in TB you have the option to froze any app, if something is broken you can unfroze.
There are others apps that can do this too.

You can search for lists in the internet of bloatware in samsung devices, but you can start searching in the TB for samsung, then all the samsung stuff will be shown, then you can start freezing.
Freeze a few things(try to search what that package is) then restart. If something is wrong unfroze some, reboot and check.
It takes time.

Alex20137

Feb 4, 2018
Get root and set swappiness to 0. If you want to get high performancemance at the expense of battery set governor to performance. Trust me, it's worth it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install galaxy labs and app booster plugin. It will optimize the apps and your tab forsure function better.
    I installed Galaxy Labs from APK Mirror to my Tab S3 and then tried clicking on App Booster. It says the content is not compatible with my tablet. The same message is displayed when I tried the other options.

Anyone else encounter this?

Use links here to install labs, labs agent and app booster apks

https://www.xda-developers.com/gala...nage-files-optimize-performance-battery-life/
    I got tab s3 days ago. It ran android 9 but since it was so laggy I decided to go back to Oreo but it does not seem to help. It is even laggy when I pull down the status bar, like a phone with 2gb of ram in 2019. I tried a hard reset, revert back to Oreo and wipe /cache in default recovery but nothing helps. Any suggestions for me guys :( I don't know what's happening with my tablet. Plus that Knox counter has not been tripped yet, Antutu score is 136594 (I find it normal) and it's still water-resistant. Thank you
    Yes, this tablet lags as hell. I sold it due to this problem