tab s5e, does anyone have it except me?!

Search This thread

mingkee

hmm. something else is problem. I picked exactly same file yesterday, from same link. It is same.
So again key question: is it ok to get fail on odin flash or not?
and maybe I needed to flash all 4 files not only ap?
thanks @mingkee
You point me to absolutely newest 214 build.
I see 2 possibilities: older (you used was ok, newest not)
or I got absolutely newest build for t725 on sammobile and it cant be patched in the moment?
what do you think

Try current version first.
Keep in mind you have to patch AP first every time when you want to update.
Make sure you read the note from @topjohnwu
I did few tries before I got success on T510

NaXter24R

Oct 19, 2017
A small update, i got an email from Samsung today after i updated via OTA, with their own firmware. They told me my warranty is voided. Ain't joking. Knox counter still on 0x0 (yeah, who saw that coming...).

I tried to post it on reddit's Samsung but somehow it gets removed, so here is the whole story, enjoy:

Hi there. I've been complaining for now a month for my Tab S5e wifi. I think is now a well known thing that its wifi is pure garbage, both in connectivity and stability. The antenna-gate is something that came out as soon as the tablet rolled out globally (https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/01/galaxy-tab-s5e-wi-fi-issue) and still, after a month, there is no official solution nor any official note from Samsung.

So, that's my story with the S5e.

I got my first one the 26th of april and i noticed the wifi issue. The connectivity was garbage, so i returned it the very next day. The other model had the same issue. I replaced it again after a couple of days in another store and even my third one had the same issue.

In the meantime, i sent many "feedback", as they call them, from the Samsung Members app, including logs from my tablet, and basically i called them once a day asking for solutions or updates. Then, the 16th of May, i had an appointment with a remote guy from Samsung who logged in my tablet with Samsung Smart Tutor. We chatted for one hour and he said to me that they're investigating and in Italy alone they had like 50% of products with this difect.

Plus, they told me since i wasn't pleased from this tablet, i could have asked for a full refund because the tablet wasn't meeting the minimum required specs they adversised.

I was then scheduled for another appontment a couple of days later. The other guy said instead "Samsung never told us about this issue, for us is fine".

In the meantime, i had a couple of mails with Samsung as well, where they sent me a pic of the tablet, saying not to hold it in landscape with the hand on one spot. Fun fact, the spot they told me not to hold was the GPS antenna, and in their pic, it shows instead the wifi antenna.

Then again i got really pissed, and i decided to call Samsung again. This week to be precise. They told me they need my tablet to be serviced for an inspection. That very day i went home and i got a notification, a new firmware was available. So i updated. Via OTA. From the tablet itself. Tried the new FW and was a bit better, but the issue was still there. I then brought my tablet to the service shop, Samsung official service shop. They had my tablet for like one hour and they told me "is all fine, wifi works, there are some apps that cause some trouble but they're fine (Solid explorer pro, for example, and i never had any issue with this app on any of my other devices). The only issue tho, is the firmware, is not the official one".

I then asked why, because i updated it via OTA, so it was Samsung's own FW, i didn't used Odin, i didn't flashed anything. Still, they said they had to report that to Samsung. They asked me to flash it back to older version. I said no, i got sick of restroring everything and i wanted a definitive solution and, since the FW was from Samsung, i told them i'd keep it as it is until they find a fix for this tablet. Then he told me if i had any other issue, like the quality of the wifi, that was something i had to discuss with Samsung, again, via phone or email.

Again, i got home and waited. I then called Samsung the next day, yesterday, asking if they had the technitian report and all the stuff. They said yes and they sent everything to another department for further investigation.

Then today came. I got an email saing my warranty is voided due to a damaged cause by a TAMPERED SOFTWARE.

Now, since i'm usually very calm and wise, i called back Samsung and started yelling at them. Problem was, i was talking with just some random dude who is not in charge of anything but listening to my rants. He told me again there was nothing he can do and he suggested me to hand back the tablet to the service shop, AGAIN, for further inspection.

I then told him my Knox counter was 0x0 and, because i'm a smart boi, i installed an app from the Play store, avoiding the download more (https://imgur.com/P3FvLE5).

I also asked him if i could get into download mode to prove it better without voiding the warranty. He said "i can't tell you if that voids the warranty".

That being said, i feel like they're screwing me big time. I'd like this thing to be solved in some way, because this is not the right way to do business and if there is an issue, it must be fixed. Not for me alone, but for anyone. I'm not the only one having this issue, is more common on the LTE model for some reason but also wifi models are affected.

This is my old reddit post about the tablet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/bhxt3x/galaxy_tab_s5e_so_far_so_bad_wifi/

This is the XDA thread where i posted stuff:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s4/help/tab-s5e-t3925277/page11

I don't know if this post will change anything, i need to vent and i need people to know. I agree this tablet is not the priority, having bas S10 FW and the flop that was the Fold, but still, we paid for it, we don't deserve to be treated like this, and we don't deserve a faulty product. Moreover, i feel like they think i'm stupid, first saying there is no issue, then there was, then suddently it was gone. Enough.

If anybody from Samsung read this thing, if i wanted to bent 90 degree and get f****d i'd have bough from Apple.

Last edited:

insomnia77

Aug 29, 2010
A small update, i got an email from Samsung today after i updated via OTA, with their own firmware. They told me my warranty is voided. Ain't joking. Knox counter still on 0x0 (yeah, who saw that coming...).

I tried to post it on reddit's Samsung but somehow it gets removed, so here is the whole story, enjoy:

Hi there. I've been complaining for now a month for my Tab S5e wifi. I think is now a well known thing that its wifi is pure garbage, both in connectivity and stability. The antenna-gate is something that came out as soon as the tablet rolled out globally (https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/01/galaxy-tab-s5e-wi-fi-issue) and still, after a month, there is no official solution nor any official note from Samsung.

So, that's my story with the S5e.

I got my first one the 26th of april and i noticed the wifi issue. The connectivity was garbage, so i returned it the very next day. The other model had the same issue. I replaced it again after a couple of days in another store and even my third one had the same issue.

In the meantime, i sent many "feedback", as they call them, from the Samsung Members app, including logs from my tablet, and basically i called them once a day asking for solutions or updates. Then, the 16th of May, i had an appointment with a remote guy from Samsung who logged in my tablet with Samsung Smart Tutor. We chatted for one hour and he said to me that they're investigating and in Italy alone they had like 50% of products with this difect.

Plus, they told me since i wasn't pleased from this tablet, i could have asked for a full refund because the tablet wasn't meeting the minimum required specs they adversised.

I was then scheduled for another appontment a couple of days later. The other guy said instead "Samsung never told us about this issue, for us is fine".

In the meantime, i had a couple of mails with Samsung as well, where they sent me a pic of the tablet, saying not to hold it in landscape with the hand on one spot. Fun fact, the spot they told me not to hold was the GPS antenna, and in their pic, it shows instead the wifi antenna.

Then again i got really pissed, and i decided to call Samsung again. This week to be precise. They told me they need my tablet to be serviced for an inspection. That very day i went home and i got a notification, a new firmware was available. So i updated. Via OTA. From the tablet itself. Tried the new FW and was a bit better, but the issue was still there. I then brought my tablet to the service shop, Samsung official service shop. They had my tablet for like one hour and they told me "is all fine, wifi works, there are some apps that cause some trouble but they're fine (Solid explorer pro, for example, and i never had any issue with this app on any of my other devices). The only issue tho, is the firmware, is not the official one".

I then asked why, because i updated it via OTA, so it was Samsung's own FW, i didn't used Odin, i didn't flashed anything. Still, they said they had to report that to Samsung. They asked me to flash it back to older version. I said no, i got sick of restroring everything and i wanted a definitive solution and, since the FW was from Samsung, i told them i'd keep it as it is until they find a fix for this tablet. Then he told me if i had any other issue, like the quality of the wifi, that was something i had to discuss with Samsung, again, via phone or email.

Again, i got home and waited. I then called Samsung the next day, yesterday, asking if they had the technitian report and all the stuff. They said yes and they sent everything to another department for further investigation.

Then today came. I got an email saing my warranty is voided due to a damaged cause by a TAMPERED SOFTWARE.

Now, since i'm usually very calm and wise, i called back Samsung and started yelling at them. Problem was, i was talking with just some random dude who is not in charge of anything but listening to my rants. He told me again there was nothing he can do and he suggested me to hand back the tablet to the service shop, AGAIN, for further inspection.

I then told him my Knox counter was 0x0 and, because i'm a smart boi, i installed an app from the Play store, avoiding the download more (https://imgur.com/P3FvLE5).

I also asked him if i could get into download mode to prove it better without voiding the warranty. He said "i can't tell you if that voids the warranty".

That being said, i feel like they're screwing me big time. I'd like this thing to be solved in some way, because this is not the right way to do business and if there is an issue, it must be fixed. Not for me alone, but for anyone. I'm not the only one having this issue, is more common on the LTE model for some reason but also wifi models are affected.

This is my old reddit post about the tablet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/bhxt3x/galaxy_tab_s5e_so_far_so_bad_wifi/

This is the XDA thread where i posted stuff:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s4/help/tab-s5e-t3925277/page11

I don't know if this post will change anything, i need to vent and i need people to know. I agree this tablet is not the priority, having bas S10 FW and the flop that was the Fold, but still, we paid for it, we don't deserve to be treated like this, and we don't deserve a faulty product. Moreover, i feel like they think i'm stupid, first saying there is no issue, then there was, then suddently it was gone. Enough.

If anybody from Samsung read this thing, if i wanted to bent 90 degree and get f****d i'd have bough form Apple.

That's crazy. I hope you can return it for a refund. That's why I purchased mine through Costco. So I can use it and return it just before the 3 month return period closes. Then I'll buy another and repeat until they fix the problem. If not by then I'll either get tab s4 cheap or s5. I can play games too lol.

NaXter24R

Oct 19, 2017
That's crazy. I hope you can return it for a refund. That's why I purchased mine through Costco. So I can use it and return it just before the 3 month return period closes. Then I'll buy another and repeat until they fix the problem. If not by then I'll either get tab s4 cheap or s5. I can play games too lol.
I can't. I already got 3 from the shop. And it's fine. Samsung records every phone call, they told me i can have a refund from them directly if i'm not satisfied. I am not. But more than a refund i want a solution for this wifi. I gave them all the proof they want just searching online and yet they refuse to aknowledge the issue.
I could pass over the money, but i can't do the same for the product itself. It needs to be fixed and they gotta stop fooling us customers. My question about the download mode made me understand that. He didn't say no or yes. I mean, mafia do that stuff not a corporation.

mingkee

Wi-Fi is more likely a hardware issue (antenna/chip location)
You may lose signal if you put landscape.
I don't know does it allow 360° rotation. If so, you can place as "reverse landscape" so your hand won't cover antenna.
I have Tab A 2019 and I am 99% satisfied after successfully rooted.

NaXter24R

Oct 19, 2017
Wi-Fi is more likely a hardware issue (antenna/chip location)
You may lose signal if you put landscape.
I don't know does it allow 360° rotation. If so, you can place as "reverse landscape" so your hand won't cover antenna.
I have Tab A 2019 and I am 99% satisfied after successfully rooted.
I know, i posted that on page 11. Still, we need a fix but first we need Samsung to stop f*****g around screwing us and to aknowledge this issue

mingkee

@mingkee, I almost bricked it. Send me on pm your telegram contact or something to send you some pictures

Hmmm....
I thought it has same platform (Pie) as T510 but now I may be wrong
Now T510 has TWRP and hopefully S5e will have source code released and you can flash through TWRP.
As long as you have full stock ROM, you should be OK
Currently I am struggling with T380 root after updated to Oreo and I bricked it few times. Stock ROM saved it

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Ok, boss, I will stay for the moment. No next tries, although I think it is same sw platform and can be done this way. I have few questions :
1. Is it normal to have message (I regret I haven't made photo of it) that sw is custom etc...
This message comes on main screen, immediately after boot, on top is device name bottom is this? It is before message that BL is opened...
Do you have it on your rooted tab A?
2. Maybe only error is that I flashed only patched AP, not all 4 files?

Last edited:

mingkee

Ok, boss, I will stay for the moment. No next tries, although I think it is same sw platform and can be done this way. I have few questions :
1. Is it normal to have message (I regret I haven't made photo of it) that sw is custom etc...
This message comes on main screen, immediately after boot, on top is device name bottom is this? It is before message that BL is opened...
Do you have it on your rooted tab A?
2. Maybe only error is that I flashed only patched AP, not all 4 files?
Exclamation triangle on the bottom?
It happens after unlocked bootloader. It happens on my T510

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Unfortunately I haven't pictured it.
Not warning about BL.
Other text that software is custom. RED text.
Second half of screen appears, bottom. On top is BL warning

This I post on s10 thread about this root, details... No one answer me::
I tried it on tab s5e, should be same, it is nee generation device?
Got same stock sw as on phone, installed canary magisk, patched successfully, flashed AP successfully (got 1 success..).
Immediately done factory reset.
On first restart I had red text on very first screen, bottom of device name text, that software is custom etc...
I tried to again force vol up power (this combination is for tab s5e to boot magisk), but it just restarting to same screen.
I allowed it to go again, and it finished with somehow damaged first screen (just inaccurate time 16:01 on status bar and navigation bar on bottom, other black, irresponsive...)
Only possible ro restart but it cant go anywhere with only power or vol plus, minu, any combination :eek:nly to this:

security error
"This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software and is locked, call your mobile operator for additional support”...

Only I could is to use combination with vol plus and minus WITH power to pc where I got normal download mode and flashed whole stock, all 4 files.
Successfully, now I am on pure stock
But, where is err???
Thanks

Last edited:

mingkee

Unfortunately I haven't pictured it.
Not warning about BL.
Other text that software is custom. RED text.
Second half of screen appears, bottom. On top is BL warning

This I post on s10 thread about this root, details... No one answer me::
I tried it on tab s5e, should be same, it is nee generation device?
Got same stock sw as on phone, installed canary magisk, patched successfully, flashed AP successfully (got 1 success..).
Immediately done factory reset.
On first restart I had red text on very first screen, bottom of device name text, that software is custom etc...
I tried to again force vol up power (this combination is for tab s5e to boot magisk), but it just restarting to same screen.
I allowed it to go again, and it finished with somehow damaged first screen (just inaccurate time 16:01 on status bar and navigation bar on bottom, other black, irresponsive...)
Only possible ro restart but it cant go anywhere with only power or vol plus, minu, any combination :eek:nly to this:

security error
"This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software and is locked, call your mobile operator for additional support”...

Only I could is to use combination with vol plus and minus WITH power to pc where I got normal download mode and flashed whole stock, all 4 files.
Successfully, now I am on pure stock
But, where is err???
Thanks

Bootloader is not unlocked?

mingkee

Actually, if you ever went to @topjohnwu note on rooting Samsung Pie, you may notice bootloader unlock warning screen after Samsung splash screen.
Did you see such text?
After you have unlocked bootloader, you should see exclamation with triangle under Samsung splash screen followed by bootloader unlocked warning.
If you don't see both, the bootloader is not unlocked. If you attempt to flash patched ROM, you will get "unauthorized software" warning.
It happened on my T380 once before unlocked bootloader

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
BL is unlocked definitely. Now I have all stock and same screen appears on boot still of course, because I haven't re locked.
Unlock is totally clear to me and done (on download mode long press vol up........ all done).
I am talking about other text on same moment in BOTTOM of page (upper part is this BL warning):
this text I had only after AP patched flashed. It leads to unsuccessful boot and nonfunctional rom (I escaped by flashing all stock 4 files).
Unfortunately I haven't pictured this. It is all RED text, say something that I have custom software and I forgot rest. Maybe because I flashe only AP.
If you want to give me some contact for chat, send me pm.
I have few pictures to send you
regards

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Very practical tablet & versatile

Very practical tablet & versatile i can use x3 operating systems with a click amazing :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190529_112033.jpg
    IMG_20190529_112033.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20190529_112013.jpg
    IMG_20190529_112013.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20190529_112001.jpg
    IMG_20190529_112001.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: btonetbone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Moderators can we please have a sub forum :)
    I bought this device 10 days ago. Ok, I know it just started appearing in shops. But, no forum, no reviews nothing...
    I am interested of course to debloat it, to install twrp, usual things...
    Also, if someone wants to hear real life impressions about device, I am here!
    I know it is totally off topic but really couldn't find better place to post this...
    I pack it up in case you have problem with download link
    I have the tab s4, but seeing the size and weight of the s5e really made me think that it would be a better fit for me. I ended up preordering it just to see how it compared to the s4. The form factor is amazing. I never used the s pen so that wasn't a loss for me. I also have accepted the headphone jack removal and am fine with using my galaxy buds or a USB c adapter. Having a fingerprint sensor for apps is so much better than the iris scanner in the s4. I tried opening up apps on both tablets at the same time and the s4 was slightly faster, but without a direct comparison, this is not something I feel like would be noticeable in everyday usage. As for gaming, I only tested a few games that are not very demanding and did not had any issues.

It's been said before, but it really comes down to your needs and preferences. If you do not need a headphone Jack, the s pen, or play very resource demanding games, I would totally recommend the s5e. I loved the s4, but it's just so nice holding a thin, light tablet while reading, watching movies, etc. And having call continuity between the s5e and s10+ is also extremely convenient (still no idea why this was not added to the s4 with the pie update and was a big reason I started looking at the s5e)

I am likely going to be selling my s4.
    Guys, the wifi IS an issue. Due to many factors such as router, WiFi interference, tolerance and frequencies some tablets are going to be better than others.
    Still wether or not you can block the signal using your hand there is something which is consistent, poor connection and speed compared to other devices. I don't own any snap 670 device so I can't test it properly, but I tried an oppo with a snap 660. It had better speed and better strength. Also my old Tab S 8.4 is way faster and has better connection.
    This is a design fault, there aren't other words to describe it. Is not a cheap Chinese (with all the respect) model off some weird shop, is a top brand tablet which is not supposed to have such connection. Even my Google home mini has better connection than this tablet.
    As I stated, there should be a 2x2 connection, it should go above 600mbps in good condition, and this thing won't.