tab s5e, does anyone have it except me?!

Search This thread

slipd83

Jun 1, 2016
Southampton
Hi guys,

Just had the dispatch notice for my brand new, shinny S5E... will be here mid-week, latest.

Any tips or thing to do first/check etc. out of the box? How are users finding the Samsung bloat? I'm guessing there are no custom firmwares about yet?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated ;)

mingkee

I am waiting boss @mingkee to by device and at least make magisk root without twrp..

Actually, I am still on the border.
Does S5e support Quick Charge?
If so, it has a good chance it supports PD as I have PD charger and peripheral
Now the latest Magisk (19.3) can root T510 without special version.
It's advised to patch AP with different options. Try to patch with and without verity and look at the outcome.
The reason I suggested because I found it when patching T380 ROM
Keep verity: boot loop
No keep verity: boot OK with limited root (no Titanium Backup)
I am still looking closely for any deal. $400 is OK but I hope there's $50 off

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
It supports quick charging.
So to to try to patch with normal magisk manager newest?
I will look at options. But, limited root is so- so...

mingkee

It supports quick charging.
So to to try to patch with normal magisk manager newest?
I will look at options. But, limited root is so- so...

Root is fully functional on T510
T380 is different story and it can be kernel related. Root was functional on 7.0, but the problem happened after updated to 8.1 and there's no way to go back.
I have tried to patch the whole ROM, install TWRP and install Magisk from there, and tried few times to no available and I still can't make fully functional root.
At least T510 works well except QC. That's why I still want S5e

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
It has QC. Charger is qc written on it. Of you want, I can empty battery totally and measure time to full.

If you have fresh idea for me to try, give me instructions.
Thanks

rmsmith

Jun 19, 2019
Hi,
I wonder if anyone here has encountered a problem with the Samsung s5e (I think this is software related not hardware related, but I hope I am wrong so I can get a new tablet). I can replicate the issue successfully by doing the following:

1. Turn off auto-brightness adjustment
2. Turn brightness to the absolute minimum
3. Close the s5e using the finger print scanner button
4. Re-open the s5e using the finger scanner button

Problem: The screen/display goes a greenish colour and has lines down it, but the content of the screen is still visible - just green and liney.

At the time of first replicating the issue, I was in bed with no lights on and had the Night Mode on - but I successfully replicated this without that on later.

Simply by turning up the brightness again the screen sorts itself out and goes back to normal. But you can then successfully replicate again and again. I have restarted several time in the hope it was a software start up bug but it keeps happening.

Hopefully this is hardware problem and no one else can replicate so I can replace rather than refund as I really like the tablet.

Thanks,

Russell.

tomekkoza

Account currently disabled
Mar 24, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
Hello.
I have this tablet in the wifi version. Mega cool tablet. the only minus is that it is too thin .... ;), the dex mode sweeps.
ZERO! problems with wifi. even through 2 concrete walls, even when I hold my hand in the bottom corner, every corner.
change the routers to more modern ones. you do not think your old router will "catch up" with the new tablet. I use archer c9 v5.1. I recommend this router too.
I change the router every three years. despite the fact that it works. Internet speed is increasing, the number of devices in the home wifi - too.

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
:angel:LA 0p
I
suggest you to get this 6gb if buying lte. It needs 6gb ram, believe me. Wifi probably not
The more ram, the more future prove. 4GB version may only allow you another upgrade to Android 10, 6GB version possible upgrade to Android 11 and 12.

It's a shame that Android tablets never have the up to date SoC, always one or two generations behind. If Tab S5e was using Snapdragon 845, I will not hesitate to buy it immediately.

I heard that Samsung going to change the game with Tab S6, which will come with Snapdragon 855 together with Dual rear cameras. It's a great news, but probably come with much higher price tag like $699 or even $799 for the base Wi-Fi model.

mingkee

I have read an issue of Wi-Fi and I found out why
When you hold the unit in landscape with power button up, the bottom left is very "sensitive". If you cover hand on the bottom left, you may lose Wi-Fi signal.
Root is done, but Netflix doesn't install from Play Store somehow. I have to "dub" the apk from another machine to make it work. The one on the machine is "stub" and you have to install full apk.
That's it.
Instruction is in there https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79990463&postcount=45

Mythos123

Nov 30, 2013
Greetings,
I live in Sweden and I'm considering buying this tab from amazon. Those of you that have a US tab, could you please check if swedish language is available as a system language for the device.

All the best,
Mythos123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Moderators can we please have a sub forum :)
    I bought this device 10 days ago. Ok, I know it just started appearing in shops. But, no forum, no reviews nothing...
    I am interested of course to debloat it, to install twrp, usual things...
    Also, if someone wants to hear real life impressions about device, I am here!
    I know it is totally off topic but really couldn't find better place to post this...
    I pack it up in case you have problem with download link
    I have the tab s4, but seeing the size and weight of the s5e really made me think that it would be a better fit for me. I ended up preordering it just to see how it compared to the s4. The form factor is amazing. I never used the s pen so that wasn't a loss for me. I also have accepted the headphone jack removal and am fine with using my galaxy buds or a USB c adapter. Having a fingerprint sensor for apps is so much better than the iris scanner in the s4. I tried opening up apps on both tablets at the same time and the s4 was slightly faster, but without a direct comparison, this is not something I feel like would be noticeable in everyday usage. As for gaming, I only tested a few games that are not very demanding and did not had any issues.

It's been said before, but it really comes down to your needs and preferences. If you do not need a headphone Jack, the s pen, or play very resource demanding games, I would totally recommend the s5e. I loved the s4, but it's just so nice holding a thin, light tablet while reading, watching movies, etc. And having call continuity between the s5e and s10+ is also extremely convenient (still no idea why this was not added to the s4 with the pie update and was a big reason I started looking at the s5e)

I am likely going to be selling my s4.
    Guys, the wifi IS an issue. Due to many factors such as router, WiFi interference, tolerance and frequencies some tablets are going to be better than others.
    Still wether or not you can block the signal using your hand there is something which is consistent, poor connection and speed compared to other devices. I don't own any snap 670 device so I can't test it properly, but I tried an oppo with a snap 660. It had better speed and better strength. Also my old Tab S 8.4 is way faster and has better connection.
    This is a design fault, there aren't other words to describe it. Is not a cheap Chinese (with all the respect) model off some weird shop, is a top brand tablet which is not supposed to have such connection. Even my Google home mini has better connection than this tablet.
    As I stated, there should be a 2x2 connection, it should go above 600mbps in good condition, and this thing won't.