Tab S7+ SM-T970 SafetyNet

Search This thread

iflawdya

Apr 8, 2009
Maybe could be our root?
I guess its possible. It's been a long time since I've rooted something. When I open the Magisk app it says install next to magisk and the same for app. I hit install and it goes through the processes but nothing happens. There's no other area to add modules or anything. Can we go start over and do it again without breaking something? I'm lost. lol

iflawdya

Apr 8, 2009
I can use banking app but not netflix. I get the red warning at boot up so I figure I gotta be rooted. Maybe I'll try adding TWRP
EDIT:
Went to backup using TWRP and said my device isn't rooted. I give up. lol

Last edited:

Godless1

• Apr 23, 2021

I'm about to become your favorite person ever, everyone! 😈

I am currently passing SafetyNet after flashing the kdrag0n safetynet-fix to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ SM-T970 and enabling the MagiskHide Props Config module in Magisk.​

HOWEVER, as was the case with literally all of the stock-based ROMs for the Galaxy S8, it appears that there will still be issues with a select few apps. For example, you will get soft-banned from Snapchat every few days. Also, certain healthcare apps will still be able to detect root (likely all related to Knox, since a Pixel 5 rooted via the same methods will launch the same apps without issue).

All the best from your fellow tinkerer - Godless1

(P.S. I'm going to copy and paste this into its own thread for better visibility.)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone