• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

{Tablet Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
XDA:DevDB Information
{Tablet Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
FXP, kali

DOWNLOAD
http://unrestrict.li/FXP

Last edited:

VistaX

Aug 19, 2009
Oslo
Anyone know if the Cyanogenmod Installer will be available for this tablet? I would rreally like to try CM11, but I don't want to install a recovery and all of that myself. Or does anyone have a good guide for doing just that, installing recovery etc.?

Jequan

Aug 30, 2012
Working except videoplayer crashes when using software decoding. Happenes with any player i tried.

Edit: Works with moboplayer. Probably a problem with players that aren't fully adapted to 4.4 yet?
Too bad because Rockplayer is the only player streaming my videos over wireless without stutter.

Last edited:
Reactions: lupick

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Anyone know if the Cyanogenmod Installer will be available for this tablet? I would rreally like to try CM11, but I don't want to install a recovery and all of that myself. Or does anyone have a good guide for doing just that, installing recovery etc.?

cyanogenmod installer won't be coming from FXP as this is an unofficial port.

zeus2602

Dec 31, 2010
Wels
Installed yesterday, tried with xbmc playback. No FC or restarts with this mediahub/player. :good:

I have tested multiuser, too. Same bug like in all other roms, bluethooth don`t work with the second user. :crying:

Good work!! thx :cowboy:

Jequan

Aug 30, 2012
This is the fastest rom i have use so far. Webbrowsing is so smooth!
Keep up the ggod work. This seems very stable for such an early release.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    XDA:DevDB Information
    {Tablet Z}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    FXP, kali

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    bootloop temporary workaround

The bootloop problem on some pollux_windy is definitely related to SELinux being set to enforcing (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54324/). SELinux policies are missing some allow rules for windy and need to be updated for this problem to be fixed. I'm looking into it but I'm quite unfamiliar with SELinux that I don't use on any of my linux machines...

A temporary fix for this problem is to set SELinux to permissive again until root cause is found.
    To do so you can compile a bootimage with SELinux set to permissive in the kernel cmdline (the same as it was in 20131220 nightly) but you'll have to reflash it after each update or even recompile it if needed by the changes made into nightlies.

A better solution is to use an init.d script to set SELinux to permissive on boot and an addon.d script to survive nightlies updates.

This is what the attached cwm zip I made is doing, it copies the init script 10selinuxpermissive to /system/etc/init.d/ witch sets SELinux to permissive on boot, and the addon.d script 51-selinuxpermissive.sh to /system/addon.d/ that backups/restores the init script before/after an update so you don't have to reflash the zip each time (only if you format /system manualy).

When the root cause will be fixed you'll just have to delete these two files to run SELinux in enforcing mode again.
    i've fixed gps! it'll take a couple of hours until a build for you people will be ready tho... not long to go chaps :)
    since it is post #200 in this thread... ill be updating it with the download link.

there we are:
    (pulled url)

please test... if this works for everyone (be aware you might have to clear cache / reinstall your gps app if it doesnt work first time), ill submit it to gerrit.
    AudioFix test

Hi,

I have played around with the Audio Subsystem a bit and I think I fixed the audio cracks and stutter in most cases (The only case where it still occurs for me is with Deus Ex: The Fall). If you are daring you can flash the zip I attach to this thread. If you want to compile it yourself here is the diff:

Code:
    diff --git a/legacy/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h b/legacy/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h
    index af597af..4aa5562 100644
    --- a/legacy/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h
    +++ b/legacy/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h
    @@ -61,14 +61,14 @@ class AudioHardwareALSA;

#define MAX(a,b) (((a)>(b))?(a):(b))

-#define DEFAULT_SAMPLING_RATE 48000
    +#define DEFAULT_SAMPLING_RATE 44100
     #define DEFAULT_CHANNEL_MODE  2
     #define VOICE_SAMPLING_RATE   8000
     #define VOICE_CHANNEL_MODE    1
     #define PLAYBACK_LATENCY      96000
     #define RECORD_LATENCY        96000
     #define VOICE_LATENCY         85333
    -#define DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE   2048
    +#define DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE   4096
     #ifdef TARGET_8974
     #define DEFAULT_MULTI_CHANNEL_BUF_SIZE    6144
     #else
    @@ -77,9 +77,9 @@ class AudioHardwareALSA;
     #endif

#define DEFAULT_VOICE_BUFFER_SIZE   2048
    -#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY_BUFFER_SIZE   1024
    -#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY  22000
    -#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY_MEASURED  42000
    +#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY_BUFFER_SIZE   4096
    +#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY  96000
    +#define PLAYBACK_LOW_LATENCY_MEASURED  96000
     #ifdef TARGET_8974
     #define DEFAULT_IN_BUFFER_SIZE 512
     #define MIN_CAPTURE_BUFFER_SIZE_PER_CH   512

Please test and let me know if it fixes the Audio issues for you. The zip works on pollux and pollux_windy and just replaces the following five Audio related files:

Code:
    audio.primary.default.so
    audio.primary.msm8960.so
    audio_policy.default.so
    audio_policy.msm8960.so
    libalsa-intf.so

It should work on all recent CM11 builds. As always, I take no responsibility if this breaks your Tab, starts World War Three or sets your dog on fire.

HTH,

lowtraxx
    That's true when you flash cm but when you flash twrp will it replace the kernel?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes won't replace the kernel.look here.It also has a download link

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

The verdict on the bluetooth problem:selinux.It causes more problems than it solves.If you havent noticed after the 20 nightly se linux has been turned from permissive to enforcing.I have the opinion that this causes a kind of conflict with cwm so that it bootloops if flashed with cwm.But the crap is beyond the limits.We have noticed that bluetooth is not working.I digged into logs and guess what i've found:selinux blocks bluetooth.So here is the solution(AS CM 11 DOESN'T GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHANGE IT'S STATUS FROM THE ABOUT MENU AS IT DID ON PREVIOUS VERSIONS):Install selinux mode changer app from playstore or from xda and turn selinux to permissive and voila.bluetooth works.

MOD-EDIT:: No swearing please....