[TABZ2][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Search This thread

feppa

Jul 3, 2012
i need to remove XZDualRecover

however i cannot find
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/mr.stock

any ideas? Will XZDualRecovery be removed if i flash a ftf image with flashtool?

rob_skater

Oct 5, 2015

Ive tried this on my sgp511 running 5.1.1 23.4.a.1.200

Obviously it didnt work, how do i get it to work though?

sorry, noob, thanks in adavance

dex9mm

Ive tried this on my sgp511 running 5.1.1 23.4.a.1.200

Obviously it didnt work, how do i get it to work though?

sorry, noob, thanks in adavance

Of you have your boot loader unlocked you need to use the custom kernal that is in the kernal builder section and install it via the .bat file in the zip after extracting.

Also is the firmware your using a custom one or stock
my impression is stock and your really don't know what your doing or where to start.
1.Boot loader unlock if its not possible then you need to root by a downgrade to 4.4.4 FTF and then install locked bootloader recovery
2.Custom recovery/kernel
3.Custom firmware
I'm not going in to detail about any of my post so don't ask use the search function and Google to find out exactly what you need to do

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

rob_skater

Oct 5, 2015
Of you have your boot loader unlocked you need to use the custom kernal that is in the kernal builder section and install it via the .bat file in the zip after extracting.

my impression is stock and your really don't know what your doing or where to start.
1.Boot loader unlock if its not possible then you need to root by a downgrade to 4.4.4 FTF and then install locked bootloader recovery
2.Custom recovery/kernel
3.Custom firmware
I'm not going in to detail about any of my post so don't ask use the search function and Google to find out exactly what you need to do

I have unlocked the bootloader using the sony toutorial via the sony website.

I had previously had cwm recovery working but it just resulted in a boot loop :(

I have the custom firmware that i am hoping to install via the custom recovery, just every way i have tried to get a custom recovery to work it fails :(

I appreciate the reply, i have been researching and googling solid for about 4 hours now and just cant seem to get a good response.

Reactions: dex9mm

dex9mm

Hey yea you need to flash the proper kernel from the kernel builder section in nuts repository same place you got the recovery image the kernel is built a ready you just need to selext the from it needs to be extracted (to your desktop on the pc )and then run the .bat file in the extracted folder with the tablet connected to the pc it will flash the kernel and you will have the recovery then you need to flash the Fw then the flashable recovery zip just to be sure and safe

Reactions: rob_skater

dex9mm

I have unlocked the bootloader using the sony toutorial via the sony website.

I had previously had cwm recovery working but it just resulted in a boot loop :(

I have the custom firmware that i am hoping to install via the custom recovery, just every way i have tried to get a custom recovery to work it fails :(

I appreciate the reply, i have been researching and googling solid for about 4 hours now and just cant seem to get a good response.

By the way there is a thanks button :D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: rob_skater

rob_skater

Oct 5, 2015

2.Custom recovery/kernel
3.Custom firmware

By the way there is a thanks button :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all the help. but i literally just managed to do it by myslef.

i got it into fastboot mode and flashed "boot.img" on to it with my stock 5.1.1

finally i now had a recovery that worked and did not lead to a boot loop.

then just installed a prerooted zip, job done, but thanks for your time :)

Reactions: dex9mm

XSYLUS

May 27, 2009
Tucson
Post Pre-Rooted Custom Firmware Install Question

For the past several updates to my Xperia Z2 Tablet and Z3 Phone I've been using PRFCreator to include both SuperSU and the flashable TabZ2-lockeddualrecovery files. However after installing the custom pre-rooted update I lose the recovery. Upon boot the device doesn't vibrate or show the green or purple LED. After the OS fully boots I end up having to run the installer version of dualrecovery to get it back. It just doesn't seem to stick. The real issue with this is that reinstalling it post OS boot requires SuperSU to work and upon the most recent firmware update to my tablet SuperSU is showing the error about not having the 'su' file. Normally that would simply mean going under recovery and installing just the SuperSU.zip but since I can't get back into recovery I'm S.O.L. Any ideas why the dualrecovery isn't working? :confused:

UPDATE: For some reason even with the flashable file added to the update with PRFcreator it wasn't actually installing it. Now I just run that update separately after updating the firmware before rebooting the device and it keeps the dualrecovery.

Last edited:

smoschi

Sep 15, 2011
Wrong XZDualRecovery (spg511) uploaded???

Dear [NUT] & xda-community,

something is going wrong with the XZDualRecovery.

I downgraded my spg511 from 5.1.1 with the ftf Image xxx.xxx.402 + root with easyroot + installed supersu latest version + installed prerooted stock ROM ftf xxx.xxx.232 and all was running.

But i was unhappy with the Stock Rom too much Preinstalled-Apps (316 Apps showing me Titanium Backup) and the Playstore is stuttering like hell. So i tried to install an other ROM with the XZDualRecovery, but XZDualRecovery think or analyse that i got an other device than the spg511?!?!?

.... when I try to install cm12.1 castor_windy, XZDualRecovery give me this error: This ROM is for the spg511 and not for my device!

Ok, I tired an other way and I installed without problems the cm12.1_castor without any error posts. But after installation, i coudnt boot anymoore to recovery, nothing, only a very short vibration & only red led is blinking and total black screen. ... Ok, I fixed it with sony´s companion Software (big thanks to sony) about the Options support zone... update ....repair.

So i was back on the newest 5.1.1 (232) unrooted. I downgraded again, rooted again but before I checked out all my downloads-files many times again for the right device "spg511"

But again, XZDualRecovery give me the error-post again, that the cm12.1_castor ist only for the device spg511 and not for this device.

Please help me, and maybee the developper uploaded the wrong XZDualRecovery on his website?

Thank you guys

[NUT]

Dear [NUT] & xda-community,

something is going wrong with the XZDualRecovery.

I downgraded my spg511 from 5.1.1 with the ftf Image xxx.xxx.402 + root with easyroot + installed supersu latest version + installed prerooted stock ROM ftf xxx.xxx.232 and all was running.

But i was unhappy with the Stock Rom too much Preinstalled-Apps (316 Apps showing me Titanium Backup) and the Playstore is stuttering like hell. So i tried to install an other ROM with the XZDualRecovery, but XZDualRecovery think or analyse that i got an other device than the spg511?!?!?

.... when I try to install cm12.1 castor_windy, XZDualRecovery give me this error: This ROM is for the spg511 and not for my device!

Ok, I tired an other way and I installed without problems the cm12.1_castor without any error posts. But after installation, i coudnt boot anymoore to recovery, nothing, only a very short vibration & only red led is blinking and total black screen. ... Ok, I fixed it with sony´s companion Software (big thanks to sony) about the Options support zone... update ....repair.

So i was back on the newest 5.1.1 (232) unrooted. I downgraded again, rooted again but before I checked out all my downloads-files many times again for the right device "spg511"

But again, XZDualRecovery give me the error-post again, that the cm12.1_castor ist only for the device spg511 and not for this device.

Please help me, and maybee the developper uploaded the wrong XZDualRecovery on his website?

Thank you guys

No, to flash CM you should be using CM's built in recovery and not XZDR.

Reactions: smoschi

Irieone

Jul 22, 2010
The Sticks of Indiana
I just got a new Z2 tablet. It has the latest 5.1.1 version. I cannot get DualRecovery installed on this device. I wanted to forgo unlocking the bootloader in the near term. I am using option 3 (no root) install. Am I missing something or does this not work on the current version of lollipop sans root?

[NUT]

I just got a new Z2 tablet. It has the latest 5.1.1 version. I cannot get DualRecovery installed on this device. I wanted to forgo unlocking the bootloader in the near term. I am using option 3 (no root) install. Am I missing something or does this not work on the current version of lollipop sans root?

If you would have read my second post on the DevDB topic (as per instruction on the installer window) you would have known it doesn't work on Lollipop when you are using 2.8.21...

2.8.22 will (eventually) support Lollipop 5.0.2 but even then, forget it for installing on 5.1.1.

You need to downgrade using Flashtool and any older ROM packed in an FTF, root it and update using a pre-rooted package (which then includes XZDualRecovery) made with PRFCreator.

Use teh search, Luke ... use teh search :p

kn2020

Sep 6, 2016
sony xperia z2 sgp561 tablet

Hi,
does the recovery works for sgp561, have any one tested it before?
Thanks in advance guys, i'd really appreciated.
Best regards,
kn2020

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Yes, I installed it on my new-to-me SGP561 last month. Running now on 5.1.1.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

jaco_ma

Aug 29, 2014
Madrid
Very good.

How could I uninstall the dual recovery of my Z2 tablet, so I can continue updating it via OTA or Xperia Companion?

Thanks and regards.

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: jaco_ma

jaco_ma

Aug 29, 2014
Madrid
Download XZDR-removaltool.zip from here http://nut.xperia-files.com/path/XZ...fju6amh0hobsjkhv12ggil5&randomizer=_uhasoqw8a
and flash it with custom recovery. However if you are on latest 23.5.A.1.291 firmware it is highly unlikely that there will be any new update what so ever.

I think that's going to be my problem, I thought there was a newer version of the System for this Tablet than 23.5.A.1.291, which is actually the one I have installed.

It seemed strange to me that there would have been "something" of Dual Recovery, since I had Des_Rooteado the Tablet, but it was the only reason it occurred to me that I could not update ...

I will try to verify that TWRP has completely disappeared, since obviously he could not pass the tool that he indicated to me in the download link.

Thanks and regards.

Reactions: kulvertti

jaco_ma

Aug 29, 2014
Madrid
Well, I think I have already des_rooteada the Tablet, removed the Dual Recovery and the latest Stock.

Thanks for everything and greetings.

Top Liked Posts