• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Take a look at this new Spigen case!

Search This thread

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
I received it today ...very nice build and overall first impressions a definite go ..as with other cases the left side edge panel I'm unable to activate from left side ... otherwise everything else a winner ..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xacnwn42d2mYBDuD7

It looks like the case has a smaller border on the front left of the outside screen for easier edge panel access, is this the case? This is the only downside I've found this far with many other cases.

bkdodger

Jan 30, 2011
It looks like the case has a smaller border on the front left of the outside screen for easier edge panel access, is this the case? This is the only downside I've found this far with many other cases.
Left side edge panel no go for me.. I've not found any case that will work with edges.. Right side is fine and I can trigger...

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Ordered mine at Amazon NL last Friday, November 13: delivered yesterday, November 17

Link: https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B08HMQCHVF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XpahY5.jpg
PFTTei.jpg
08UpUD.jpg
DosR9k.jpg
BRitGx.jpg

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
You will be good most of the time on that side.. I run dual launchers so I just have folders now on the outside for my edge shortcuts..i gave up trying to use them closed.. I hold my phone lefty most of the time..

Can someone measure in inches how thick the case is at the hinge? I'm curious if the case will fit in my UV sanitizer.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Been using this case for 3 days now, absolutely love it. Sure it's pricey but it's still less than 5% of the cost of phone so it seems worth it to me. It's rugged but still slim and I love the mechanics of the hinge hider.

njan_ivide

Dec 9, 2008
I have been using the AI Autofocus case for almost 3 weeks now. Today got the spigen slim armor pro. Loved the quality over all other Chinese unbranded cases. BUT, its like a brick in comparison to those cases. I mean it's comfortable to hold, especially with the textured hinge but it reminds me of the old Nokia communicators especially the E90 I used to have back in the days. Again though, the quality is top notch. Finally a worthy case for such an expensive phone.

Off topic: Read somewhere today that samsung will come out with rollable display phones next year, that means slim phones and slim cases.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not much to translate really. I am currently learning Korean so I'll explain. Anyways, he basically says this new case is super protective and has a premium feel to it. It will cost around 90$ (US Dollars, or 99.000 Korean Won), so it is rather pricey. You attach the case like many other cases (I also have a similar Spigen case I bought here in Korea), by using glue strips that are on the inside of the case. There are foam pads/cushions on the inside to protect the backside from damage as well and to absorb heat. The entire case itself is also made of a TPU material of course, and the hinge is covered as well by the same material. The case weighs a total of about 57.6g. The hinge cover/protection slides away when opening the case, and he said that it makes it kinda a little thick. The case itself is not slippery at all, and the bump from the hinge cover makes it so that the Phone cannot lay down on a flat surface while being entirely flat. This also makes it so that the hinge cover is in the way for everything when the Phone is open, so you cannot use it on a Wireless Charging Stand for example, or a stand to watch movies, etc. The hinge cover is also kinda in the way when you open the Phone, if you have your fingers there. He really likes the case, but he cannot entirely recommend it because of the hinge cover being almost too thick. Other than that, he loves that it really provides good protection for the Phone. Everything else isn't really necessary to translate as he isn't really talking about anything important, he is only reviewing it really. Besides, it is a protective case like any other, so not much to talk about anyways.

And he didn't answer your question about "When or where" actually. He only mentioned the price. I however already can buy it here in Korea online right now for 89.000 Korean won. But when it comes to your country, I can't say. Also, the reviews people have given the product (it seems like it has been out for a while now), range anywhere from 3 to 5 stars, but mostly people give it 5 stars. Basically, I would recommend you this case IF you want a really protective case and can live with the deficits that this case provides.
    xZJUPVC.png

If this helped you, a thanks is always appreciated.
    Mine shipped today..
    Can someone measure in inches how thick the case is at the hinge? I'm curious if the case will fit in my UV sanitizer.
    A little past 3/4 mark I'm thinking lol PXL_20201119_030546609.jpgPXL_20201119_030714274.jpgPXL_20201119_030803186.jpg
    What's the best way to remove this case from your Fold2

Could someone make a video of it?

Thanks already :)
    You can see it towards end here ..

https://youtu.be/seTCG9ezMEE

Edit ..I tried it as video but the camera side of case I find easier to remove from corner by camera cutout ..