Takee 1 (Full Review) 3D Holographic Phone (Cheaper 2015 version with Play Store)

Search This thread

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Pre-installed game apk do not exist in Takee 1. The hologames are meant to play online exclusively.

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Backup your NVRAM so that you won't risk to lose your IMEI

ROMs:

To avoid any possible issue, do not forget to backup your NVRAM so that you won't risk to lose your IMEI. How-to (step by step with images): http://www.anythingultimate.in/2015/11/how-to-backup-your-nvram-partition.htm

Video tutorial

Therefore, there is no need to root the phone. The above mentioned method is ideal for NVRAM and IMEI backup.

Conclusion - you can skip the first part of Pogodancer's instructions regarding MTK Droid Root & Tools and iRoot or KingRoot.

Last edited:

VR-here

Jun 23, 2017
Airtouch is still not working with latest ROM, you can only hope for ROM updates, where finaly airtouch, 3d, gyro and all the other bugs of this phone will be fixed. but dont believe in it to much... im still waiting for it since 2years ago :/

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
There is another 3D phone.

IQ Haylett SY553
Snapdragon 617, MSM8952, octa-core, 1.5GHz
5.5" FHD, 2.5D Glass screen
32GB internal
3D camera (photo and video)
13 MP, f 2.2 AF
5 MP, f 2.2 AF
Fingerprint reader
3.000mAh Unremovable battery
Dual SIM
170g
Android 5.1

http://iqhaylett.com/3d-wireless-products

The glasses-free 3D phone is the invention of Portuguese-born Dr Antonio Lopes, who along with Haylett, chief executive officer; Dale Stephens, chief operations officer, and other members form the company, IQ Haylett Digital.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busi...3d-phone-to-hit-the-market_99066?profile=1056

InfoComm 2017: IQ Haylett launches 3-D Display

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Elephone P8 3D with Eye Tracking - €125 at eFOX

Elephone P8 3D
Eye Tracking
MediaTek MT 6750T Octa-core CPU;
4GB+64GB storage;
5.5-inch display with 1920*1080 FHD resolution;
0.3+13MP dual rear camera and bokeh effect;
16MP front camera with aperture F/2.0 with soft flash function to take perfect selfies.
https://www.elephone.hk/elephone-p83d/#/

Elephone P8 3D (November 2017)
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/6c44473c

€125 at eFOX
http://www.deviceranking.pt/phone/10243/elephone-p8-3d

Last edited:

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
First of all: Currently i'm using pogodancers deodexed 10.September ROM. 3D functions are not important for me, I just want a fully functional smartphone for everyday use. My problem are calls in apps (like Whatsapp). Others can only hear me if I use it in Speakerphone mode (aka hands-free).
I did read the whole story from the first page to the end. Some things are still unclear:

About Luckas ROM 4.4 : The camera problem (need to wait or restart each time manually) is that only existent with the built-in camera app, or with all apps? In other words: Do other camera apps solve the problem, or ist this a system internal issue? The camera seems to be the only thing that's left to get fixed in 4.4, everything else is working, right?

About the ROM 5.x development: Is the goal to get everything going, or only basic functionality? If the camera issue can be solved in this version, can this fix also be used to get 4.4 working completely?

What about battery consumption in 4.4 and 5.x? Better than in 4.2?

Last not least: As long as I stay with ROM 4.2 - is there anything that can be done to fix the mic issue with Whatsapp in telephone mode (other than using headset, speakerphone etc.)?

Thank you all who were involved in making custom ROMs for this phone. I can't remember that I have seen so much effort to get a china phone working better before. Impressive!

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
My problem are calls in apps (like Whatsapp). Others can only hear me if I use it in Speakerphone mode (aka hands-free).

Last not least: As long as I stay with ROM 4.2 - is there anything that can be done to fix the mic issue with Whatsapp in telephone mode (other than using headset, speakerphone etc.)?
Voice calls in Whatsapp are problematic. However, there is a solution... video calls in Whatsapp (image and sound) are excellent! Try it.

I am also using Proximity Sensor Reset/Repair by Mobile Direction.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledirection.proximitysensorreset

Last edited:

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
As expected, "Proximity Reset/Repair" doesn't change the problem. Videocalls are an option if you are the caller, but not if you receive a call...

Yurim, maybe you can tell me which is the best 4.4 ROM from luckas? As far as I remember everything was functional except the camera (which needed to be restarted manually). For everyday use I prefer to have a camera with issues rather than malworking calls.

This "screen off, mic off" issue is such a pity, as the phone itself is of excellent make and has a really good finish. Is there really no other way on a rooted phone to stop the proximity sensor from switching off the microphone? I tried the trick with setting the threshold to max values, but thats no good solution, as the screen keeps activated, and thus if you touch the screen with ear, cheek or other part of the skin you will initiate unwanted action.

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
As expected, "Proximity Reset/Repair" doesn't change the problem. Videocalls are an option if you are the caller, but not if you receive a call...

Yurim, maybe you can tell me which is the best 4.4 ROM from luckas? As far as I remember everything was functional except the camera (which needed to be restarted manually). For everyday use I prefer to have a camera with issues rather than malworking calls.

This "screen off, mic off" issue is such a pity, as the phone itself is of excellent make and has a really good finish. Is there really no other way on a rooted phone to stop the proximity sensor from switching off the microphone? I tried the trick with setting the threshold to max values, but thats no good solution, as the screen keeps activated, and thus if you touch the screen with ear, cheek or other part of the skin you will initiate unwanted action.
You should read the comments on the 4pda.ru forum. It seems that Luckas 4.4 has other issues too. Some users report a slowdown after a few weeks. Regarding Luckas 5.1 there have been mentions of successful steps and some obstacles. A test version is not yet available.

My problems with GSM normal phone calls have been solved entirely by the Proximity Sensor Repair app. I am running stock 20150910.

I have run it consecutively two or three times until a fix was achieved.

However, it was unsuccessful on my cousins 20151010.

Attachments

• printscreenRui.jpg
    printscreenRui.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 39
  • printscreenRui2.jpg
    printscreenRui2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
You should read the comments on the 4pda.ru forum.

My problems with normal phone calls has been solved entirely by the Proximity Sensor Repair app. .

Dear Yurim, unfortunately I can't read russian language, and even using google translator big parts of the text stay a riddle for me. Obviously I'll have to wait if Luckas can do a working 5.1 ROM...

Normal phone calls: Must admit, that I didn't try it so far. Currently I'm on the latest pogodancer version (November 2015). What about calls in Whatsapp or Facebook - do they work for you as soon as the screen turns off?

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Dear Yurim, unfortunately I can't read russian language, and even using google translator big parts of the text stay a riddle for me. Obviously I'll have to wait if Luckas can do a working 5.1 ROM...

Normal phone calls: Must admit, that I didn't try it so far. Currently I'm on the latest pogodancer version (November 2015). What about calls in Whatsapp or Facebook - do they work for you as soon as the screen turns off?

Proximity Sensor Reset/Repair by Mobile Direction

VOIP Voice calls in Whatsapp and Facebook work fine as long as the screen is on. But the microphone switches off when the screen turns off. This doesn't happen during video calls because the screen is always on.

However, GSM standard voice calls are perfect even with the screen off. That is a remarkable achievement for daily use.

I will try another Proximity Sensor fix on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Proximity Service by SSDeveloper
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ss.proximityservice

Attachments

• printscreenRui.jpg
    printscreenRui.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 10
  • printscreenRui2.jpg
    printscreenRui2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for suggesting "Proximity Service". I know the app, already tried a bunch of different ones. Unfortunately till now I didn't find a working one to solve the Whatsapp-Problem
This is not a specific bug with Takee 1's stock rom. There are many smartphone brands with Proximity Sensor bugs on VoIP calls. I am glad to have found a solution for GSM calls.

Currently I'm on the latest pogodancer version (November 2015).
Have you tried this suggestion by @Maxmydishe ?

As for me, the best update for now is 20151109. And the BOOT from 20151010 flashed upon it with SP Flash Tool. Almost everyting works fine.
Try to update with OTA and then use this boot.

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
This is not a specific bug with Takee 1's stock rom. There are many smartphone brands with Proximity Sensor bugs on VoIP calls. I am glad to have found a solution for GSM calls.

I didn't know that and haven't heard it before. Are you sure?

Changing the boot file solves (as I understood it) the problem with the Toc-Toc Sound in regular calls. Can't try it, as the file in the link isn't available any longer (link is dead).

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
I didn't know that and haven't heard it before. Are you sure?

Changing the boot file solves (as I understood it) the problem with the Toc-Toc Sound in regular calls. Can't try it, as the file in the link isn't available any longer (link is dead).
Yes, I'm sure.
Hopefully, you can get the boot.img file from Pogodancer's version of the 20151010 ROM.

Last edited:

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
Does it solve the Toc Toc Sound in GSM calls?

I didn't try that on other ROM-versions before, but with the current combination GSM-calls work without TocToc when covering the Proximitysensor, GPS also works. If there wasn't the bug with VoIP-calls, the phone would be just perfect!

Last edited:
Reactions: YuriRM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the Takee 1 today and want to share my full unboxing & first impressions about this phone.
    This is a new cheaper version of the last year released Takee 1. This version comes without any earphones and a more discreet packaging. For me it is okay, as the phone and hardware is the same, but the price is so much better.

This version includes working Google Play Store out of the box! but it was missing Holo Space and 3D Films/Games etc. but I was able to install these things afterwards, so everything is fine! I believe it is called an EU version as the phone didn't include chinese apps and the ROM is pretty stock!

The original introduction price of this phone was about 6-700 USD last year, but this one here is like more than 5 times cheaper! For that price it is worth it IMO, because the hardware & build quality is very good. Only on the software side it is still stuck with JB and there will likely not be any Lollipop in the near future. But I actually did get one OTA update on the phone from 10 septebmer 2015 so they do still update it.

Unboxing & First look at the Takee 1 the world’s first 3D holographic smartphone that uses 3D display technology without the need for glasses
    PS. I know I by mistake say that it comes with KK but it is in fact JB.

Takee 1 (Air Touch Test in Games)

Full In-Depth Review

Awarded iF Design Award 2015 and CES Innovation Award 2015.

Updated 01-11-2015 - Stock ROM / ROOT / TWRP / Stock 3D Clips here:
    https://mega.nz/#!NUVXxQwY!884Dqg-lRnjB4mDkLOv79Yy42GqY2aIzJnKIoVNJHuc
    Read info here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63586741&postcount=185
    Thanks to pogodancer

Firmware 20151010 from stas30
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63567159&postcount=177

How to enter the Recovery read more here: (thanks mirandam)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63611960&postcount=202

ROOT:
    Can be rooted very easily with iRoot, already tested it!

ROM: (INCLUDES THE 3D CALIBRATION IF YOU HAVE LOST IT!)
    Here a backup of my ROM that includes root & holo apps. Make a complete backup of your own ROM first!
    http://www.needrom.com/download/takee-1/

Want HOLO SPACE and HOLO GAMES? check on my blog for the APKs
    http://s7yler.blogspot.de/2015/09/takee-1-3d-holographic-phone-55-fhd.html

Highlights
    - 5.5 inch screen, 1920x1080 pixel
    - MT6592T 2.0 GHz Octa Core
    - 2 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM
    - 13MP main camera + 5MP front camera
    - Android 4.2.2 OS
    - 2500mAh Lithium-polymer battery
    - Unique Holographic Display Screen
    - Supports Dual SIM Card
    - Google Play Store
    - Air Touch
    - Revolutionized eye tracking technology
    - Audio 3D sound headphone technology
    - Network: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz
    - Supports 2G & 3G Network
    Xposed Framework

Hello friends,

after playing around with my Takee 1 I am satisfied with this cheap smartphone I bought from GearBest. The allover performance is not the best compared to other octacore devices but nevertheless it can be used comfortable. And the 3D-playback function is amazing. Unfortunately the possibility of changing settings in the 3D-video app are not satisfying.

After lots of tests and the hint of Skalofrio1293 I was able to install XposedFramework to make the JellyBean device much more comfortable and nicer.

1. To cut a long story short I collected the firmwares dated 2015-09-10 for each of you. I made a very big download package of 2.3GB including:

- Stockrom unrooted
    - Stockrom rooted
    - Stockrom prepared for XposedFramework
    - TWRP custom recovery
    - 3D-movies and pictures from stock
    - files for reactiving the 3D-effect for people who have lost it

You can find everything here: Takee-1_2015-09-10_151026-204849_AiO-pogo

You can read my attached ReadMe.pdf for further informations.

2. @ s7yler
    Please add the download link to your post #1. Thanks.

Let's dance.
    Lets find a developer to port Android 6 (Marshmellow)

Lets find a developer to port Android 6 (Marshmellow). Someone with an indisputable track record of sucess and good reputation. Then raise a fund among TAKEE owners to pay the developer. The payment must be on schedule delivery of a fully functional firmware.
    What do you think of this proposal?
    Succeeded to fix GPS problem!

Read some articles, and thats the way I done it.

Opened this: app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i/2/1033932257
    Downloaded file "gps.conf" for my country. Placed it to the /system/etc. (need root to replace existing system file). Run GPS TEST app. Entered to settings, pressed Clear AGPS. Then UPDATE AGPS. Closed GPS TEST app.
    Entered ENGINEER MODE. Then moved to LOCATION section. Entered LOCATION BASED SERVICE. Pressed EPO download button. After 3 minutes entered AGPS tab, pressed LOAD PROFILE. Then entered YGPS section. Made GPS TEST - 5 times with 1 sec interval. Entered SATELLITES tab - red dots (satellites) appeared. Then entered INFORMATION tab. Pressed FULL button, after abou 2 min status changed and information (about date, time, latitude and longitude etc) appeared. The same way with WARM, HOT and COLD buttons. After all pressed AGPS RESTART button. Then entered NMEA LOG tab. Pressed start button. Then entered SATELLITES tab - waited untill red dots became green. Then returned to NMEA LOG tab, pressed stop button - new atlas saved to the phone. Exited ENGINEER MODE. Run NAVITEL app. And voilà - abot 10 satellites are connected!

I dont know what exactly helped to fix it, but I'm glad I made it work. And I hope that it will help somebody else.
    ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    1. Too optimistic.
    2. The built quality of my device is mediocre only because the hardware buttons (volume rockers and power button) are not very solid. They should fit a bit stronger.
    3. That review is just a repetition of existing reviews. Nothing that we didn't know before. IMHO s7yler's review is much more helpful.
    4. Nevertheless thanks for the time you took.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Hello to all,

I guess stas30 was right when saying that the last two firmware updates work. I checked it again (just a few minutes) and I can confirm that 3D, camera and making phone calls is working with the firmwares dated 2015-10-10 and 2015-11-09.

For this reason and to complete the firmware collection I modified both firmwares with root privileges, some minor changes and deodexed applications to make the xPosed Framework working. Like I said before I only did short tests - it's your job now to check what's working or not. But never forget to do a factory reset after having flashed a new rom !!!

If you like you can download the modified firmwares here:

Takee-1_151010_151026-212141_root-mod-deodeXposed

Takee-1_151109_151114-172130_root-mod-deodeXposed

L@zz d@nce.

p.s.: I personally went back to the firmware dated 2015-09-10 because I think the 3D effect is working best here. Maybe it's just a placebo or the cameras for scanning our eyes are working better. What do you think :confused:

@ s7ler
    Please add both links to the OP. Thanks.