taktiK 4.4.2 - Release 2 Available

Search This thread

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
Help please
After restart my DHD stoped - I can't right my code; then out with battery and then try again. Start up and The JellyTime screen blinking and then it stoped. Pwr + volume do not work. DHD to my PC - I can hear it goes on but I can not see my phone.
What can I do?

The only thing you can do is keep trying - take out the battery and sim card for 3 minutes. Put them back and try the Power + Volume start. Repeat this several times until in works. Make sure your battery is fully charged. Also try doing it with the power cord connected.

Last edited:

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
No longer can send SMS messages

Been using R1 since it came out. Recently I lost the ability to send SMS messages. I can receive them fine, but when I try to send a message, a Toast message pops up and says "Unable to send text message. Please try again." Not a very helpful error message. I looked around for relevant settings, and didn't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
How about apn settings?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

I tried a few different APN selections, but nothing helped. Then I set it to default, and that didn't help either. I don't know exactly how these work, however. Am I supposed to find out from my carrier which one to use? Or how else should I know which one to use?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Been using R1 since it came out. Recently I lost the ability to send SMS messages. I can receive them fine, but when I try to send a message, a Toast message pops up and says "Unable to send text message. Please try again." Not a very helpful error message. I looked around for relevant settings, and didn't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

I received this reply from quiesagua in a PM. Posting it here for others' benefit. I'll look into the suggestion later.

Hi, I've tried to reply to your post but, since I'm new here, I cannot do it.

Your problem may be to do with a damaged SIM and not with the phone. The same happened to me a while ago and I found some info pointing at that. I requested a new SIM and it worked like charm. Maybe you can try with someone else's.

Good luck!

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I tried a few different APN selections, but nothing helped. Then I set it to default, and that didn't help either. I don't know exactly how these work, however. Am I supposed to find out from my carrier which one to use? Or how else should I know which one to use?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I received this reply from quiesagua in a PM. Posting it here for others' benefit. I'll look into the suggestion later.

Hi, I've tried to reply to your post but, since I'm new here, I cannot do it.

Your problem may be to do with a damaged SIM and not with the phone. The same happened to me a while ago and I found some info pointing at that. I requested a new SIM and it worked like charm. Maybe you can try with someone else's.

Good luck!

Hard to explain. Google is your friend:)

Reactions: MidnightJava

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
Hard to explain. Google is your friend:)

I googled the APN settings and made sure they're correct. Re-seated the SIM card. Called the carrier and they ran some tests and said they couldn't see anything wrong with the network or my account. The tech's questions about the Messaging app I'm using revealed that I have custom software, and she continued to look at things in her system after that. But in the end, all she could recommend was that I re-install the software. I have tried multiple SMS apps that have worked in the past. So I guess I need to re-install the ROM, but I'm going to have to find something other than taktiK, since the ROM re-installs have been more disruptive than I want to deal with, and I decided my next one would be to a stable ROM. I was hoping to avoid that, but it looks like I'm running out of options.

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
Try recovery.. .wipe cache and dalvik. ..then after reboot, clear cache in settings.. then reboot normally

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing a 3rd part SMS app that I have, to no avail. I also tried google hangouts. I can send non-SMS messages of course, but sending SMS messages fails just as it does for the other SMS apps.

Reactions: jwalantsoneji

Kazz666

Mar 9, 2009
Hard to hear...

I wish it was a joke saving up for a down payment on a house

When you live in a third world country, you grow up with the idea that in first world countries everything is already set, specially for brilliant people like you Kevin....

I guess we all live the same problems in some period of our lives, but when things seems to be most dark, there will always be our kids to rejoice....

Good work Kevin....

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
Any bugs?

Here are the bugs I've run into using R1. I believe that all except 7 and 9 have been reported by others as well.

1. Data connection drops, and comes back if you disable and re-enable data
  2. Lag when scrolling with some apps
  3. Sometimes the phone doesn't ring when it should
  4. Sometimes no audio on incoming or outgoing phone calls
  5. Random FCs
  6. Random reboots
  7. Suddenly I became unable to send SMS messages
  8. If you attach power when the battery is very low, the phone reboots. Twice after such a reboot it came up in a corrupted state and required a wipe of data and re-installation of the ROM and all apps
  9. Flash fires even when set not to. (This was verified just a couple days ago by a security guard at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC)
  10. Pictures don't look as good as if you had a stock ROM, not quite focused all the way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *no longer supported*

Welcome to taktiK
    BbZshtUCEAAtK1i.png:small
    BZ9N9vKCQAARvbK.png:small

BZDVVsXCYAAJe4m.jpg:medium

Rom
    Release 1 - Stable

Release 2 - Experimental causes breakages in audio and camera

Gapps
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps/pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/randomblame/Jellytime_7x30/commits/jellytime
    I'm alive still just sat down at the computer today for the first time since getting sick - still fighting the pneumonia the antibiotics haven't done their job but I am slowly getting better either that or used to it. Pulled in some of paulb-nl and musta's changes to enable ion and I'm going to play with that tonight. I'm having problems syncing I may need to pull down a whole new repository this hard drive is acting like there is corruption.

*confirmed enabling ion fixes black boxes. browser gmail etc working still need to sync to 4.4.2 and fix some things

*tracked down file corruption to my manifests.git and got it fixed now I'm building 4.4.2
    went to the doctors again yesterday and took care of myself a bit, trying to get some work done today might get a build out tonight :)
    well todays build:
    Bbkv7u3CUAA0mPq.png:large

enables selinux in permissive mode
    has working listview animations
    new battery icons from upstream
    but breaks video playback and adds a visual glitch in recents menu so It's not R2 material :) Progress is being made at least
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone