Tales of our X8's and W8's !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys :) i'm just starting this thread so we can share our personal experiences with our beloved X8's. I want to unite all X8-tians :D Come on, we all have good times and bad times with our X8's and i want to hear them :) it doesn't matter what the story is. New rom, new SD Card, accidental discovery, EPIC GLITCHES (I have one I'll post soon)...hope there isn't another thread like this out there or that this is in the wrong section :eek:...ok I'll start off and i hope this thread catches on :)

OK, so where should I start.....I guess my 1st brick i guess :rolleyes: So one day i decided to take my dad's abandoned X8 and upgrade it to Gingerbread. Spent half a day learning up on rooting and Gingerbread and attempted it :D. I flashed nAa's MiniCM 2.0.7 at around 3.00 am (next day was a schooling day), and just as i was finishing i forgot 1 important thing...FORGOT TO FULLWIPE :eek:...got a bootloop and actually cried myself to sleep (I swear to God i ain't lying :eek:) and eventually found out that SEUS or PCC did the trick :) ! Then i joined XDA, hooked my X8 with GDX V13 and my adventure began *epic music plays* :D

Last edited:

boisdulait

Dec 10, 2011
Near Avignon
Very easy for me to explain why I'm on XDA :D.

I'm french (it's not a scoop..) and all of french's forums are translating most of posts we can find here.. So rather waiting for a translation, I decided to see by myself this site and finally.. stay and create an account..

We can find plenty of roms, and all my answers are here so.. I think you'll bear with me a moment longer :cool:

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011

I'm french (it's not a scoop..) and all of french's forums are translating most of posts we can find here.. So rather winting for a translation, I dcided to see by myself this site and finally.. stay and create an account..

We can find plenty of roms, and all my answers are here so.. I think you'll bear with me a moment longer :cool:

That's true :) I see many forums which are just translated copies of XDA info :D thnx for the post !

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

Reactions: Raz9

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Ok, here's my tale:

I remember very well I first attempted to install GingerDX. You cant imagine that I actually forgot to full wipe and I was wondering why the heck I am getting bootloops. Now, that I am looking back, I realized that I had gone a long way. And its all thanks to my courage and HUGE support of the XDA forum!!!

This Mail Was Sent To You Using XDA Premium!!

BuT_TeR

Dec 2, 2011
Mumbai
Hey guys :) i'm just starting this thread so we can share our personal experiences with our beloved X8's. I want to unite all X8-tians :D Come on, we all have good times and bad times with our X8's and i want to hear them :) it doesn't matter what the story is. New rom, new SD Card, accidental discovery, EPIC GLITCHES (I have one I'll post soon)...hope tther thread like this out there or that this is in the wrong section :eek:...ok I'll start off and i hope this thread catches on :)

OK, so where should I start.....I guess my 1st brick i guess :rolleyes: So one day i decided to take my dad's abandoned X8 and upgrade it to Gingerbread. Spent half a day learning up on rooting and Gingerbread and attempted it :D. I flashed nAa's MiniCM 2.0.7 at around 3.00 am (next day was a schooling day), and just as i was finishing i forgot 1 important thing...FORGOT TO FULLWIPE :eek:...got a bootloop and actually cried myself to sleep (I swear to God i ain't lying :eek:) and eventually found out that SEUS or PCC did the trick :) ! Then i joined XDA, hooked my X8 with GDX V13 and my adventure began *epic music plays* :D

Same thing here...

Reactions: RohinZaraki

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Ok, here's my tale:

I remember very well I first attempted to install GingerDX. You cant imagine that I actually forgot to full wipe and I was wondering why the heck I am getting bootloops. Now, that I am looking back, I realized that I had gone a long way. And its all thanks to my courage and HUGE support of the XDA forum!!!

We all live and learn i guess ;)

kimpoy1994

Jan 6, 2011
My first "brick" or maybe something like that, happened during my first week of using my x8, I got bored so I googled how to root x8 and found xda

there I remember the primitive way of rooting my x8 there, flashing back my x8 from 2.1 to 1.6 (rooted) then flash back to 2.1 (rooted) haha, during the process I forgot to remove something during the flashing method there I got stuck into a bootloop, the hell I'm scared haha, good thing I reread the instructions haha.

Lesson learn: Always read carefully

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
My first "brick" or maybe something like that, happened during my first week of using my x8, I got bored so I googled how to root x8 and found xda

there I remember the primitive way of rooting my x8 there, flashing back my x8 from 2.1 to 1.6 (rooted) then flash back to 2.1 (rooted) haha, during the process I forgot to remove something during the flashing method there I got stuck into a bootloop, the hell I'm scared haha, good thing I reread the instructions haha.

Lesson learn: Always read carefully

Well said :) but hey, we wouldn't be where we are if it werent for those svrew ups ;)

Xmaster8

Nov 23, 2011
Maribor
OK i have 2 stories actually :D
1: 1 week i had phone i was playing games on the phone and going to the bathroom :D suddenly i stumbled my self and my phone hit teh flore. luckly it didn t fell in WC :D (it was close)

2: after 1 month i had another problem. i was on stock, not rooted.... and i was trying juice defender ultimate (downloaded from internet not Market :D ). So i played with it. Then suddenly FCs on some android preoces bla bla bla... so i had no idea what to do (i didn t know about XDA then - it is my first android phone). I tried with SEUS and PCC non of them didn t want to repair or update it. As I didn t know about flashtool so i take it to the shop for repair.

1 brick: nothing special :D

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
wanna hear my story?

well i always play with my x8..i always test new roms and see if its good...when i install roms i always go to xrecovery, do full wipe,wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik and then finally install custom zip...

but then, last week i tried fde...i did the usual things: xrec, full wipe, format system, wipe cache and dalvik.. i diddnt go to "install custom zip" and out of my excitment i pressed REBOOT NOW...

who can guess what happened?:)

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
ok, heres my tale throughout my x8 life.....

Lets start with rooting,
One dsy, i decided to upgrade my X8's OS, My x8 is on a contract btw, but anyway, it took me ages to pluck up the courage to actually root my phone, once i had rooted my phone,my heart beating like s&it (LOL), i installed xreocovery, so i did, then i flashed gingerdx v011, I joined xda when gingerdx v011 was out, so i flashed that, and i liked it..,...

Then, once i had reached v018 of gingerdx, the news had spread on xda about bootloader, so i decided to unlock it. My date was 10w47, so i was clear to unlock, 1st attempt, And i succeeded! I was ever so happy, then i decided to install LinuxDX (back then, alfs or nAa wasnt out, so i had no choice but to flash that custom kernel). All went perfectly, and i felt like i was awesome in succeeding

My first brick was a simple 'forgeting to do full wipe' problem, i was alright in fixing it though, just a simple full wipe in recovery

Now, not only am i flashing ROM's, Im making my own Custom ROM :D

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland
Phone Price: FREE - Pay as You Go
Carrier: vodafone Ireland

---------

I got my X8 in February of 2011 and that was also my first Android device. My brother had gotten a White X8 (which ran 1.6) for Christmas just a month before I got mine. Mine ran 2.1 :)

So, from March to August I pretty much experemented with apps and games and all that stuff.
Now, I'm not a big mobile gamer so I just accepted tthe fact that the X8 WASN'T a gaming phone, unlike some people who just force their phones to play HD Games.
Then, on August 23rd 2011 at 10:27PM I decided to root my phone with Super One Click. I actually didn't read Any ttutorials on how to root my phone. I just Googled ffor Super One Click as i had read on OTHER forums that they had rooted their Android phone with tthat.

A week later, I decided to install a ROM. This wàs a **** decision. I followed a video on YouTube and the link for the ROM (MINICM6) that was in the description was old and the ROM was buggy. The description CLAIMED that the ROM was fully functional.

WiFi (which claimed to be working) didn't work and neither did the camera and a ffew other features.

I panicked. I literally cried. I thought, 'well, there no fuc*Ing possible way to get back to android 2.1". I was wrong.
later the next day I went on my PC and check PC Companion.luckily it worked. I was back on good ol' 2.1 :)

I rooted again and stayed on 2.1 ffor several months.
(Btw I joined XDA a week after going back to Android 2.1 )

Then, on November 4th 2011 at 11:51PM I downloaded and copied GingerDXv017 to my SD Card and flashed in XRecovery. (Yes I know its CWM, but read on!)
I got a boot loop. I was crying and panicking again. I swore not to install a ROM again.

Then, I went on my dads X8 and talked to my friend Quinny898. He said to do a full wipe. Which I was I forgot :0

I fillwiped and it booted into GINGERDX! I immediately checked the WiFi and Camera and they both worked! Horray!

--

Once again, last Saturday (a week ago) I attempted to unlock my bootloadEr. I literally had my warranty and X8 box ready just incase I bricked it. Luckily i got SEMC SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE. I proceeded. And all went well. I installed alfs and boom, happy days!

I think I've typed too.much already. Considering I typed this from my X8. ^__^
I BE FAST TYPER! :p

Sent from my X8 with Beats Audio.

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
x8 is my first android phone so when i bought it i had never imagine how wonderful is...actually i bought it because my previous nokia xpress mussic was destroyed and i had to bought a phone....

i used to use my x8 for listening to music ,gaming, surfing on internet and of course calling and texting.
the fun for me started when i was playing zenonia 3 and i couldn't success a mission so i had to paid for buying some good stuff(which was out of the question) or to hack it! after a research on how to do it i found about an app which you should be rooted(hex editor)!!! then i was finding more and more facsinating things!

after rooting i wanted dual touch and when i got it i was really happy!!!, and i started to look for more things about my beloved phone!

when i was trying to increse my phone's performance i found xda ... and you understand what happend.. a new world about my phone was discovered!!!!
i was trying many roms and modules that i found in xda but for long time i hadn't make an account because i thought it was pointless but after enjoy myself with the work of others i thought that the least i could do was a thank for their work so i made one to show my thankfullness to devs...so here i am!

{my 100th post :):):):):):):)}

Last edited:

mario95lp

Dec 28, 2010
my first rom was hackdrod by raucht :D

Hehe i remember these days ;D
Have evry 30min reboot...
Heres my story...
One day i wonted to get a x8(11.11.2010)
When i get it whaz so exsidet xD...
And then have waited for the 2.1 update...
Wone day i have seen that i can root,install custom roms....
And then on yt i have seen cm6,
And clockworkmod...
Then i installed a rom for x10 on my x8(then when i rebooted my phone, geted bootlops and i cried :D..
And repair it whit seus and seen xda developers(tbe daddy of our phones)...
Thats my story...
Now im using GINGERDX v22 and Alfs008 :D
Idk my dad ask if i wont his HTC Desire what do you think??? :p
Im eating some Fritt(+Vitamin (e) C)
xD...Delicious

Last edited:

mirkovidovic

Nov 27, 2010
metković
The reason why I joined the xda community is that 2 years ago I bought a Xperia X1 and I spent days and days in order to make it impossible (xperia x1 perfect / full working phone with no bugs), which has so far proved unsuccessful. Then I stumbled on xperia x8 Android phone, which is the same day when he came into my hands ended up connected to the PC and modified (BL unlock, root, xrecovery ..... GDX :( , firedroid :D ). I still hope that developers will make at least one rom that will work fast, look good as an ICS, and be bugless. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys :) i'm just starting this thread so we can share our personal experiences with our beloved X8's. I want to unite all X8-tians :D Come on, we all have good times and bad times with our X8's and i want to hear them :) it doesn't matter what the story is. New rom, new SD Card, accidental discovery, EPIC GLITCHES (I have one I'll post soon)...hope there isn't another thread like this out there or that this is in the wrong section :eek:...ok I'll start off and i hope this thread catches on :)

My x8 dropped on school's floor , School building almost destroyed , cool story :>

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app
    Ok, here's my tale:

I'm french (it's not a scoop..) and all of french's forums are translating most of posts we can find here.. So rather waiting for a translation, I decided to see by myself this site and finally.. stay and create an account..

wanna hear my story?

well i always play with my x8..i always test new roms and see if its good...when i install roms i always go to xrecovery, do full wipe,wipe cache, format system, wipe dalvik and then finally install custom zip...

but then, last week i tried fde...i did the usual things: xrec, full wipe, format system, wipe cache and dalvik.. i diddnt go to "install custom zip" and out of my excitment i pressed REBOOT NOW...

who can guess what happened?:)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone