• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Talk me out of leaving this phone....

Search This thread

rhouse1983

Aug 6, 2013
I like my Moto X Pure but I don't love it. I don't know if I'm not using it enough or it's not as premium as I'd like but I keep searching for something else. I've had 4 phones in the past year and a half (Moto X 2013, Droid Turbo, Nexus 6, and Moto X pure) and I've like each but left wanting something else. I'm considering the LG v10. I have Tmobile but I'm considering going to Verizon. I don't know, I'm just bored with it. I wish smartphones had better games and were used for real gaming and I think I'd consider staying. Someone talk me out of leaving.

ErikHellstrom

Sep 29, 2014
I love mine. It's the best phone I've ever owned, and I plan to keep it for many years.

But if you don't like it, then get a phone that you like.

Smartphones and tablets are crap for serious gaming and probably always will be. Most serious games requires you to drop $99 on gems or get a hack which makes the game unplayably easy. I would probably never get an LG since my critical requirement for a phone is that it is unlocked and rooted.

If you love gaming, get a good gaming pc or even an xbox, and enjoy the many excellent games available for those platforms, but as far as android games go I haven't found one that doesn't work perfect on the MXPE.

sockbreath

May 18, 2014
Philadelphia
I like my Moto X Pure but I don't love it. I don't know if I'm not using it enough or it's not as premium as I'd like but I keep searching for something else. I've had 4 phones in the past year and a half (Moto X 2013, Droid Turbo, Nexus 6, and Moto X pure) and I've like each but left wanting something else. I'm considering the LG v10. I have Tmobile but I'm considering going to Verizon. I don't know, I'm just bored with it. I wish smartphones had better games and were used for real gaming and I think I'd consider staying. Someone talk me out of leaving.

Whenever a Moto X is returned a fairy loses its wings and baby Jesus cries. Pretty sure.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013

No one needs to talk you out of leaving the phone. I sure won't. If you're bored with this phone, try another...then another and so on. The grass is always greener on the other side and it seems you've proven that to yourself over the last 1.5 years.

Reactions: Naddict
Yeah. As others have said, if your looking for serious gaming, I don't think ANY smartphone, much less the Moto X Pure 2015 is going to satisfy you. I'm not sure that there really is any mobile device out there that could be considered good for serious gaming. I'm not sure that you can really call anything serious gaming that's happening on console systems or Steam compatible PC's and laptops. As someone who really only has time for casual gaming these days, I find that the Moto X Pure 2015 does about as well as any other smartphone for the types of games designed for mobile. Although, I prefer mobile gaming on a tablet (in my case a Nexus 9) anyway.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
One superphone is as good as the next these days.
Find the one that has the features you want most, or that looks the best to you.
The X has the best combination of features and screen size combo that meets my needs.

Nikepel

Nov 14, 2015
Kiev

I have a XT1562 (Moto X Play) and XT1575 Pure .
So, play a little smaller and a super battery, the screen is excellent, although the performance and sound quality weaker.
For each day navenoe choose Play.

Csetoue

Nov 21, 2014
Huawei Mate 20 X
I had before a Moto X 2014, a Droid Turbo, a HTC M8, and a Z3.

Overall, Moto X Style is the best of all.

My only complain is about the gyroscope/accelerometer. Its not very precise to play FPS.

Also, if it had those loudspeakers from M8 it would be almost perfect.

Enviado de meu XT1572 usando Tapatalk

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
Motorola's radios have always been among the best of any manufacturer. That alone makes a big difference when in a sketchy area, just ask HTC owners who can't make calls let alone Samsung and their "time without signal" issues

Don't forget lg... Ive had lg g4 and g3...amd htc m8..and my. Friend and samsung s6....we both now have moto x and thr signal quality is second to none!!!

FanboyStudios

May 11, 2015
www.YouTube.com

Have you looked into streaming Steam games? If not, you might give that a try. Also, get a controller! There's plenty of options out there, one of the most popular being the MOGA Controller. If you root, you can use a PS Controller.

Otherwise, the best games imho is Modern Combat 4, Asphalt 5, and Minecraft Pocket Edition (with mods).

By no means, will you be able to beat a dedicated gaming PC though. If you want to try to though, your best bet is the NVIDIA Sheild.

rsa 329

Mar 26, 2013
Why should anyone talk you out of leaving this phone? This isn't daytime tv... Go find your perfect phone and quit the drama.

squallz506

Nov 4, 2011
If you want to game then get a shield tablet or better yet a console or gaming rig. No phone should or could compare. Phones are communication devices, not game platforms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Whenever a Moto X is returned a fairy loses its wings and baby Jesus cries. Pretty sure.

No one needs to talk you out of leaving the phone. I sure won't. If you're bored with this phone, try another...then another and so on. The grass is always greener on the other side and it seems you've proven that to yourself over the last 1.5 years.
    Yeah. As others have said, if your looking for serious gaming, I don't think ANY smartphone, much less the Moto X Pure 2015 is going to satisfy you. I'm not sure that there really is any mobile device out there that could be considered good for serious gaming. I'm not sure that you can really call anything serious gaming that's happening on console systems or Steam compatible PC's and laptops. As someone who really only has time for casual gaming these days, I find that the Moto X Pure 2015 does about as well as any other smartphone for the types of games designed for mobile. Although, I prefer mobile gaming on a tablet (in my case a Nexus 9) anyway.
    Motorola's radios have always been among the best of any manufacturer. That alone makes a big difference when in a sketchy area, just ask HTC owners who can't make calls let alone Samsung and their "time without signal" issues
    One superphone is as good as the next these days.
    Find the one that has the features you want most, or that looks the best to you.
    The X has the best combination of features and screen size combo that meets my needs.