Tanix TX3 firmware s905x3 Mali G31

Search This thread

Tahsin88

Jul 26, 2017
Since there is not a single product page on the tanix webpage and I've came across multiple people who bricked their Tanix TX3 box.
I decided to search for the original firmware and share it on xda for others who might need it.

The link to the firmware:
https://mega.nz/#F!fiwUzSBa!guAnqiKRhhp3fAWcgwmbXQ

Does anyone have TWRP recovery.img for this tanix box?
I've found a twrp flashable zip but it's some sort of liveboot.
I've succesfuly recovered my bricked Tanix TX3 with the USB burning tool.
You need a usb to usb cable, I used my phones usb cable -> usb to usb C cable and my computer had a USB C input/output on the back so that worked for me.

mmmnnn111

Nov 3, 2012
Put the twrp on sd card and rename it to recovery.img
Boot your device with reset button pushed and you will boot twrp without messed up with your original recovery

تم الإرسال من HMA-L29 باستخدام Tapatalk

Reactions: jerrygoh389

Tahsin88

Jul 26, 2017
Boot your device with reset button pushed and you will boot twrp without messed up with your original recovery

It's a zip file I haven't found a recovery.img for the device.
The TWRP in the zip boots twrp when you install it from recovery but it doesnt replace the stock recovery, so can't use magisk.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello.did anyone managed to find a working twrp?i just want yo unroot and then root with magisk.please help me.

mmmnnn111

Nov 3, 2012
What do you do ?... You must take every recovery.img put in usb stick
And boot to it by pressing the reset button and power the device untill it start from the recovery file and test

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
What do you do ?... You must take every recovery.img put in usb stick
And boot to it by pressing the reset button and power the device untill it start from the recovery file and test

Inside folder there isn't any twrp recovery for tanix tx3..

Kaatrea

Apr 15, 2011
Since there is not a single product page on the tanix webpage and I've came across multiple people who bricked their Tanix TX3 box.
I decided to search for the original firmware and share it on xda for others who might need it.

The link to the firmware:
https://mega.nz/#F!fiwUzSBa!guAnqiKRhhp3fAWcgwmbXQ

Does anyone have TWRP recovery.img for this tanix box?
I've found a twrp flashable zip but it's some sort of liveboot.
I've succesfuly recovered my bricked Tanix TX3 with the USB burning tool.
You need a usb to usb cable, I used my phones usb cable -> usb to usb C cable and my computer had a USB C input/output on the back so that worked for me.

How do you use the TWRP zip file to get into the live boot mode? I need to do a backup before I try something. Somehow my box is unrooted by the seller and he is asking me to ship it back to him because i needed a rooted version. I want to do a TWRP backup before trying anything on this box. If it works, saves the hassle of me shipping it to the seller.

elvis56

Jul 11, 2010
How do you use the TWRP zip file to get into the live boot mode? I need to do a backup before I try something. Somehow my box is unrooted by the seller and he is asking me to ship it back to him because i needed a rooted version. I want to do a TWRP backup before trying anything on this box. If it works, saves the hassle of me shipping it to the seller.

I recently got a T95max+ box and I was surprised by the lack of custom roms, root and TWRP as it seems to be a popular box.

What I've found out so far is that you can get temporary TWRP using the TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip file, md5 checksum d11de08801edb33c716ee1688ce1c330 *TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip.

What you need: FAT32 formatted sd card/usb stick, usb mouse to navigate TWRP

To use the zip:
- put it on a FAT32 formatted sdcard or USB stick, no need to rename the zip file
- unplug the power to your box
- insert the sd card/usb stick into your box
- stick a toothpick in the AV out until you hear a button click and keep it pressed
- connect the power and remove the toothpick when you see the boot logo
- You are now in the stock recovery menu
- Select update from ext and then USB or SD
- Select your twrp zip file which is most likely named TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip

The box will now boot to your temporary TWRP. You can make a backup now but flashing magisk doesn't seem to work. Infact even backing up to the internal drive doesn't seem to stick so make the backup to sd or usb.

I just recently did this myself, now that I have a backup I can test some other roms that may or may not work. AMLogicTools_V6.0.0 seems to be a good/the best tool to experiment with.

Some keywords as info for this box is partially difficult to find because of the name: t95maxplus, t95max+, t95 max plus, t95 max +, t95 max+,

Reactions: Ewmh and Kaatrea

webipsum

Nov 12, 2013
Hi.
I bought a Tanix TX6s and am thinking of buying a Tanix TX3 (s905x3).
TX6s came with Alice UX v.20.03.20.
Please, what version of Alice UX from TX3 (s905x3)?
Thankful.

jaytec0007

Mar 27, 2017
Hi I have tx3 s905x3 and i was able to install slimbox 11.6 and everything is OK but after boot launcher crash for 10-20 seconds then come back or I am unable to install apps and some apps when open crash and also box reboot. And even if I burn original firmware or any other firmware with UBT its the same thing. I put slimbox on many boxes before and never happen before except for a tx3 mini 1.6 not long time ago had exactly the same problem after burning slimbox. Launcher or apps crash and when i burn original firmware or any other with UBT after the problem still there.

Anyone had this problem before? I don't think its something with slimbox cause I use it for many boxes and always great rom except for these 2 boxes.
I think maybe something mess up with partition or something that cant be fix by only burning other firmware

Really need help
Thanks
Jay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I recently got a T95max+ box and I was surprised by the lack of custom roms, root and TWRP as it seems to be a popular box.

What I've found out so far is that you can get temporary TWRP using the TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip file, md5 checksum d11de08801edb33c716ee1688ce1c330 *TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip.

What you need: FAT32 formatted sd card/usb stick, usb mouse to navigate TWRP

To use the zip:
    - put it on a FAT32 formatted sdcard or USB stick, no need to rename the zip file
    - unplug the power to your box
    - insert the sd card/usb stick into your box
    - stick a toothpick in the AV out until you hear a button click and keep it pressed
    - connect the power and remove the toothpick when you see the boot logo
    - You are now in the stock recovery menu
    - Select update from ext and then USB or SD
    - Select your twrp zip file which is most likely named TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip

The box will now boot to your temporary TWRP. You can make a backup now but flashing magisk doesn't seem to work. Infact even backing up to the internal drive doesn't seem to stick so make the backup to sd or usb.

I just recently did this myself, now that I have a backup I can test some other roms that may or may not work. AMLogicTools_V6.0.0 seems to be a good/the best tool to experiment with.

Some keywords as info for this box is partially difficult to find because of the name: t95maxplus, t95max+, t95 max plus, t95 max +, t95 max+,

https://unofficialtwrp.com/tanix-tx3-mini-root-twrp/