Question Tap to check phone not working properly

Search This thread

ciao99

Jan 8, 2010
I'm trying to enable 'tap to check' option to show aod when tapping once from screen off. But instead of going to aod (black screen with time and notification icons), phone goes directly to lock screen.
Is this a bug? If not, is the preview from settings wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124-002542.png
    Screenshot_20221124-002542.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 80
  • YouCut_20221124_002749736.mp4
    9.1 MB · Views: 0

Repear88

Aug 29, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have the same problem on p7pro and I can't figure out if it's a bug or normal behavior: I did read a lot of XDA and reddit topic but it's not clear.

Do you still have the issue ?

Repear88

Aug 29, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mine doesn't work with tap but if I lift or just move it gently, that will show the AOD... but lift it too hard and it goes to lock screen.
I just noticed it last night. If I just lift it a little on it's side, it's AOD (or ambient display ?) coming up, and if I lift it completely it's the lock screen plus looking at my face to unlock.

But I would like to have only the AOD when I tap it with a finger, because most on the time it unlocks when I tap, because it sees my face ^^

Edit: and the AOD do not come every time I slightly move it. Like when it's just locked, it doesn't come ...

Reactions: ciao99

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
When I tap mine it goes to the lockscreen, but any notifications are shown also. I have face and fingerprint unlock disabled. When I had them enabled I would never see notifications unless I unlocked the screen first.

ciao99

Jan 8, 2010
I have the same problem on p7pro and I can't figure out if it's a bug or normal behavior: I did read a lot of XDA and reddit topic but it's not clear.

Do you still have the issue ?
Yes still having it and I can't find a way to make this work as it should. Let's wait for Monday's feature drop to check if it'll get things fixed.

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Yes, same here.
For me lifting goes to lockscreen, I cannot achieve the situation that slight lift causes AOD to show. The same with tapping - it goes straight to lockscreen (though description and preview suggests that it should show AOD instead of lockscreen). Whenever I receive a notification, AOD shows and it's OK. Basically what I don't like is that tapping should show AOD and is showing lockscreen instead (the best option for me would be to have single tap to show AOD, double tap to show lockscreen and while on AOD, double tap to show lockscreen).

EtherealRemnant

I just noticed it last night. If I just lift it a little on it's side, it's AOD (or ambient display ?) coming up, and if I lift it completely it's the lock screen plus looking at my face to unlock.

But I would like to have only the AOD when I tap it with a finger, because most on the time it unlocks when I tap, because it sees my face ^^

Edit: and the AOD do not come every time I slightly move it. Like when it's just locked, it doesn't come ...
It seems clear to me that the whole thing is bugged right now.

Reactions: Repear88

Repear88

Aug 29, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am using the QPR2 beta. It still goes to the lock screen when tapping but it does seem to more reliably go to the AOD when I pick up the phone and only goes to the lock screen if I'm more aggressive with it. I'm actually fine with it now.
It was like that before for me. But still, it would be great to have the ability to choose. Especially when you have face unlock enabled and don't want the phone to unlocks when you check for notifications ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine doesn't work with tap but if I lift or just move it gently, that will show the AOD... but lift it too hard and it goes to lock screen.

It seems clear to me that the whole thing is bugged right now.