[tar.md5] MF9 boot loaders chain, modem, tz, rpm

Search This thread

noobnl

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2010
THIS IS THE FULL BOOTLOADER, MODEM, RPM, AND TZ UPDATE.

this contains the NON-HLOS.bin modem.bin sbl2.mbn tz.mbn aboot.mbn rpm.mbn sbl3.mbn

It is recommended for CM to update the entire images images, we constantly update kernel so it is recommended to not fall behind on not updating full images.
this is an extension unknownforce tar.

in odin, check update phone bootloader and put it in pda

When I went to Odin this my PhoneBootloader Update box was greyed out.

So, in order to update the bootloader we need to edit the .ini file that's in the Odin 3.07 folder.

Open the .ini with Notepad and change the line below

PhoneBootUpdate=0k

Change to.

PhoneBootUpdate=1

Save the file and start Odin. The box will still be greyed out but it will be checked.

Proceed with the update.

Once you are finished with the bootloader update it is recommended to revert the changes that you have made to the .ini

Thanks for noobnl for all the help.

faq:
do i need to check xyz option??!
doesn't matter

DOWNLOAD:
http://d-h.st/CKV

Last edited:

DaHoBO

Jun 6, 2013
THIS IS THE FULL UPDATE.

this contains the NON-HLOS.bin modem.bin sbl2.mbn tz.mbn aboot.mbn rpm.mbn sbl3.mbn

It is recommended for CM to update the entire images images, we constantly update kernel so it is recommended to not fall behind on not updating full images.

DOWNLOAD:

Nice work! Thanks!

Beezer80

Jul 28, 2009
Odin 3.07 Help

So, in order to update the bootloader we need to edit the .ini file that's in the Odin 3.07 folder.

PhoneBootUpdate=0k

Change to.

PhoneBootUpdate=1

Save the file and start Odin. The box will still be greyed out but it will be checked.

Proceed with the update.

Once you are finished with the bootloader update it is recommended to revert the changes that you have made to the .ini

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011

AWESOME....Im an idiot and i was able to do that....great work and thank you...much appreciated...tried another method last night and failed....took me 2 hours....this took 5 mins....lol should have been patient

One question though I saw in QBKings video that after the update you should be able to go to Application Manager and move apps to the SD card but I dont see that option...I did a reboot...am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: neilc300

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
i just flashed this over freegs4 rom.. im on MF9 but build number is still MDL.. Whats not in this tar file?? i still cant move anything to my sd?? so what does thid file update?? modem?

Last edited:

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe its because i am running FreeGS4 but none of the few things that changed with the MF9 update are availabe....like the smart pause button in setting, add apps to sd card, and the legabilty option.....is it cause i am on a rom based on MDL...will this change when my rom gets updated?

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

i just flashed this over freegs4 rom.. im on MF9 but build number is still MDL.. Whats not in this tar file??

My build number just says FreeGS4 v2.0.....My baseband and Software version both say MF9 but i cant move anything to the SD card and im thinking/hoping its only cause our Rom hasnt been updated...can someone confirm or deny this? That once our rom gets updated we will have full function of MF9

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
This cannot be the "full upgrade". At 30MB how can that be compressed from 360mb download OTA. I believe this is just the modem and kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
This cannot be the "full upgrade". At 30MB how can that be compressed from 360mb download OTA. I believe this is just the modem and kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im starting to get the same feeling...think im gonna try the other method but i cant get stock MDL to download

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
People, it's the full firmware, not the operating system. Normally, we just update the modem and other small bits, but this includes the bootloader and other smaller partitions that get overlooked if you only flash the updated OS through a zip. If you took the OTA as it was pushed to your device, you do not need this.

Tapatalked from my GSIV

Reactions: cerj

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
I must be doing something wrong. I edited the .ini to allow bootloader update. Put in PDA slot and hit start. It passes after ~16 secs then reboots and nothing is changed. Baseband is still MDL. Anyone know what I'm missing? I'm using Odin v3.07 and have tried different ports/comps.
Also on FreeGS4 with TWRP 2.6.0.0.

EDIT: Fixed by turning device off then booting into Download Mode instead of rebooting to download mode.

Last edited:

HiddenKnight

After downloading the 3.07 odin version, I edited the configuration settings for the program to check "bootloader update".

I select PDA and go to find the mf9fullupdate.tar.md5 on my desktop, and the program can't find it; I'm slightly stuck now.

EDIT: After ten seconds of posting this, I realized that I had to unzip the file xP

Got it!!

AND WORKS PERFECTLY! Thank you for this!

Last edited:

arielb27

Jun 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
Great job.

This worked fine. Just a note to all. Once you get it started please wait for it to finish. It takes about a little over 2 minutes to get done. Once it's OK in the odin window. You will need to disconnect the phone and either pull the battery or hold the power button down till it turns off. Once that is off you can then turn it back on and it should be updated.

I love this. :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PhoneBootUpdate=0k

Change to.

PhoneBootUpdate=1

Proceed with the update.

faq:
    do i need to check xyz option??!
    doesn't matter

DOWNLOAD:
    Odin 3.07 Help

PhoneBootUpdate=0k

Change to.

PhoneBootUpdate=1

Proceed with the update.

I made a video on how to do this! I went from MDL (CM10.1) to MF9 (CM10.1)

It was very freaking easy! Just follow directions, and you'll be good to go!

THANKS NOOBNL! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90oDtNOsygM
    I must be doing something wrong. I edited the .ini to allow bootloader update. Put in PDA slot and hit start. It passes after ~16 secs then reboots and nothing is changed. Baseband is still MDL. Anyone know what I'm missing? I'm using Odin v3.07 and have tried different ports/comps.
    Also on FreeGS4 with TWRP 2.6.0.0.

EDIT: Fixed by turning device off then booting into Download Mode instead of rebooting to download mode.
    No android operating system files