Question Task Bar with Nova Laucher

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.

sindresv

Jul 26, 2008
Volda
That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.
The taskbar is really a game changer! Got the phone friday, and I use the taskbar far more than I thought I would.

Reactions: stupc and cpufrost
Fold 3 user here awaiting my Fold 4 this week. Have the same question as I use Nova on my F3. I'm sure I'd miss the Nova features if I fall back to stock launcher (starting with custom icons per app).

The F3 has a dock that can sit pinned along the right hand side of the screen (which I never use) which works with Nova -- I'm hoping the new 12L inspired bottom dock works the same way (e.g. launcher independent).

Reactions: mhtruth

danilos2k

Sep 7, 2005
Oppo Find N
it works but it take the icons from the touchwiz and they do not appear and disappear, they are always fixed, I will try tomorrow with mine

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
It seems to be associated with the launcher set as default - it it isn't Samsung One UI Home - the taskbar doesn't show.

I'm using Lightning Launcher - and this is the behavior - so not per se associated with Nova.

Anyhow - I'm experimenting with it now - what I've settled on doing - as I'd like to use the taskbar - is:

- leave One UI set as default home
- write a script in Tasker to switch to Lightning Launcher immediately once the One UI home is activated

Alternatively - maybe we could find a remapper for the home-software-button press - which would switch to a desired app instead of bringing you to One UI. This might work.

I'll be investigating it. If anyone knows of a remapper along the lines mentioned above - please hint. Maybe this would be the easiest way...

Reactions: Tim-2.0

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
So it works with Tasker - if you create a Profile - select the OneUI Home activity there and choose to open the desired launcher - it's allright.

Most of the time then - when you press home, the OneUI home will flash briefly before Tasker switches it to - in my case Lightning Launcher. But it's bearable.

So in principle, Lightning is my home launcher now - via the above workaround, and the taskbar works with all the apps etc. - that's nice. :O)

Reactions: zanoli99

Tom-Helge

So it works with Tasker - if you create a Profile - select the OneUI Home activity there and choose to open the desired launcher - it's allright.

Most of the time then - when you press home, the OneUI home will flash briefly before Tasker switches it to - in my case Lightning Launcher. But it's bearable.

So in principle, Lightning is my home launcher now - via the above workaround, and the taskbar works with all the apps etc. - that's nice. :O)
I'll guess this is not possible to do with 'Bixby Routines' or 'MacroDroid' ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It semi-works with nova. Install Good lock and nav star. at the bottom of nav star, turn on "show task stack". It'll only show recently used apps, but the task bar will show consistently.

Screenshot_20220908_214916_NavStar.jpg
    Is there a way to make the app drawer swipe up and down on the OneUI launcher?

I've been using Nova for 10 years now and I'm not giving it up. But the main gripe I have with OneUI has been the app drawer side scrolling.

This. I was a long time nova user before I jumped to apple for couple years when the 12 pro came out, just switched to F4 from the 13 pro max. I'm willing to stick with one ui for now because of the taskbar, but good golly I hate the side scrolling of the app drawer.
    Haven't tried this yet, but

Digging into the settings on the Galaxy Z Fold 4, it’s relatively easy to bypass the greyed-out taskbar toggle in Samsung’s version of Android 12L. Going to Settings > Display > Navigation bar and scrolling down to the “Looking for something else?” section has a shortcut to the taskbar’s setting. Tapping that reveals the option to turn on the taskbar even if you are using a third-party launcher, but it’s prety easy to see why Samsung disabled this option.

NVM, It doesn't work
    I've set up my ZF4 with stock launcher. Very challenging to erase all the muscle memory of 10 years of Nova just for the Taskbar...grrr

It semi-works with nova. Install Good lock and nav star. at the bottom of nav star, turn on "show task stack". It'll only show recently used apps, but the task bar will show consistently.

Screenshot_20220908_214916_NavStar.jpg
    Been using Nova for Ages, but im trying to use OneUi on my fold 4 now. Its working alright, but boy do i miss the up/down swipes on apps. The rest is fine.

The taskbar is really a game changer! Got the phone friday, and I use the taskbar far more than I thought I would.