Question Task Bar with Nova Laucher

Search This thread
I agree. I mostly use Edge on my Tab S6.
You can also put a handle on top of every screen.
Settings/advanced features/labs/Show multi window menu...
(Not available on my Note 20)
Clicking on that handle you can put it in split mode, and than add another app.
But I believe the taskbar of fhe fold 4 is better

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Remember not only the task ar, I've used Nova for... Well ever...

Muscle memory is a tough thing.. So used to folders with swipes etc. But nova really struggles to support 12L, inside and outside screen homescreen have to be the same etc. Just doesn't work well on a big screen at the moment.

Remember not only the task ar, I've used Nova for... Well ever...

Muscle memory is a tough thing.. So used to folders with swipes etc. But nova really struggles to support 12L, inside and outside screen homescreen have to be the same etc. Just doesn't work well on a big screen at the moment.
After a hundred years of Nova... Will be difficult for me... Maybe they solve it.

Reactions: Barmenchik

lmanlo

Jun 26, 2010
Is it possible to just use Nova Launcher with the front screen and not the folding inner screen?
From what I've seen you can buy using Bixby routines to create a routine when phone is closed or when you click an icon. I know not a video on and look at 4:50 mark. Doesn't go in depth with it but should give you an idea. Haven't tried it yet and not sure how well it works with nova and one ui.

But if it work as he did it should be similar. But as mentioned can not input as haven't had much to play with the fold and just have a day with it as arrived late or on time depending that FedEx had it on vehicle delivery for 4 days. Lol. But give that a try and hope it works out for you and others that might think of running. This. Might try but just seeing on how this works for now.

Reactions: Sithhy™

Sistum Id

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix
Been using Nova for Ages, but im trying to use OneUi on my fold 4 now. Its working alright, but boy do i miss the up/down swipes on apps. The rest is fine.
Is there a way to make the app drawer swipe up and down on the OneUI launcher?

I've been using Nova for 10 years now and I'm not giving it up. But the main gripe I have with OneUI has been the app drawer side scrolling.

m3lover1

Jun 12, 2010
California
Is there a way to make the app drawer swipe up and down on the OneUI launcher?

I've been using Nova for 10 years now and I'm not giving it up. But the main gripe I have with OneUI has been the app drawer side scrolling.

This. I was a long time nova user before I jumped to apple for couple years when the 12 pro came out, just switched to F4 from the 13 pro max. I'm willing to stick with one ui for now because of the taskbar, but good golly I hate the side scrolling of the app drawer.

Reactions: kamiller42

sguerra923

Oct 7, 2008
Buddha
Just out of curiosity, why isn't Nova making it somewhat of a priority to get Android 12L up to par with Fold 4 devices?

Mar 11, 2015
It semi-works with nova. Install Good lock and nav star. at the bottom of nav star, turn on "show task stack". It'll only show recently used apps, but the task bar will show consistently.

Screenshot_20220908_214916_NavStar.jpg

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
It semi-works with nova. Install Good lock and nav star. at the bottom of nav star, turn on "show task stack". It'll only show recently used apps, but the task bar will show consistently.

View attachment 5707399
thanks for the tip. It kind of works "ok", cant really configure it at all. It's downsides are far better than having to deal with the horizontal scrolling in App drawer in OneUI
:|

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've set up my ZF4 with stock launcher. Very challenging to erase all the muscle memory of 10 years of Nova just for the Taskbar...grrr

Screenshot_20220908_214916_NavStar.jpg
    That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.
    Been using Nova for Ages, but im trying to use OneUi on my fold 4 now. Its working alright, but boy do i miss the up/down swipes on apps. The rest is fine.
    That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.
    The taskbar is really a game changer! Got the phone friday, and I use the taskbar far more than I thought I would.