Question Task Bar with Nova Laucher

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Haven't tried this yet, but

Digging into the settings on the Galaxy Z Fold 4, it’s relatively easy to bypass the greyed-out taskbar toggle in Samsung’s version of Android 12L. Going to Settings > Display > Navigation bar and scrolling down to the “Looking for something else?” section has a shortcut to the taskbar’s setting. Tapping that reveals the option to turn on the taskbar even if you are using a third-party launcher, but it’s prety easy to see why Samsung disabled this option.

NVM, It doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: 白い熊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've set up my ZF4 with stock launcher. Very challenging to erase all the muscle memory of 10 years of Nova just for the Taskbar...grrr
    It semi-works with nova. Install Good lock and nav star. at the bottom of nav star, turn on "show task stack". It'll only show recently used apps, but the task bar will show consistently.

Screenshot_20220908_214916_NavStar.jpg
    That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.
    Been using Nova for Ages, but im trying to use OneUi on my fold 4 now. Its working alright, but boy do i miss the up/down swipes on apps. The rest is fine.
    That's a great question! As a Nova launcher user here for over a decade I'd love to know as well because the task bar looks to be great for multi tasking on this device. A game changer, TBH.

If not, this may be the first time since like the SII, I use an Android device without Nova. Time will tell, I guess.

Nova could be updated to co-exist, but I wouldn't hold my breath now as they were bought out.
    The taskbar is really a game changer! Got the phone friday, and I use the taskbar far more than I thought I would.