• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Tasker... prevent phone from deep sleep

Search This thread
May 23, 2017
Everything I find is about people wanting to setup Tasker to make their phone deep sleep. I need mine to stay awake.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, on 5.1.1. CyanogenMod 12.1.

Issue: Using phone on work wifi to listen to music, wifi disconnects after 15 minutes (assuming due to the Android deep sleeping). Annoying that I have to reconnect so I don't use all my mobile data.....

Wanted solutions: A Tasker profile set up that when connected to work SSID, task will run to keep Android from deep sleep (battery will be hit hard but I can make it work), and phone will resume usual deep sleep once I leave work. I'm also open to hearing suggestions if you think deep sleep is NOT the cause.

Unwanted solutions: Apps like Stay Alive!, don't seem like they can be set to activate how and when I want. Prove me wrong though and I'll definitely be interested!

Other info: settings/wifi/advanced/keep WiFi on during sleep is set to ALWAYS. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
The only battery saver I have is Greenify, but I don't think that's causing the issue, yeah? My greenified apps are Messenger, Facebook, Google Play Music (not what I use for music, I use SoundCloud or the stock player), Adobe Acrobat, es file explorer, and Instagram.
My phone, obviously, is rooted. I also have Xposed.
Apparently Tasker used to have a display sleep setting, I don't have it in mine. And all I can do in Secure Settings from what I see, is the wifi sleep policy, which tells me that it's already set to never go to sleep...

Last edited:
Reactions: RashaMatt
May 23, 2017
Also, as the topic I posted in.... I'd prefer Tasker profile suggestions on how to do what I need it to do. Unless you say another potential reason you think is the cause, and why.
I'm open to build.prop editing as well IF you know what works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything I find is about people wanting to setup Tasker to make their phone deep sleep. I need mine to stay awake.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, on 5.1.1. CyanogenMod 12.1.

Issue: Using phone on work wifi to listen to music, wifi disconnects after 15 minutes (assuming due to the Android deep sleeping). Annoying that I have to reconnect so I don't use all my mobile data.....

Wanted solutions: A Tasker profile set up that when connected to work SSID, task will run to keep Android from deep sleep (battery will be hit hard but I can make it work), and phone will resume usual deep sleep once I leave work. I'm also open to hearing suggestions if you think deep sleep is NOT the cause.

Unwanted solutions: Apps like Stay Alive!, don't seem like they can be set to activate how and when I want. Prove me wrong though and I'll definitely be interested!

Other info: settings/wifi/advanced/keep WiFi on during sleep is set to ALWAYS. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
    The only battery saver I have is Greenify, but I don't think that's causing the issue, yeah? My greenified apps are Messenger, Facebook, Google Play Music (not what I use for music, I use SoundCloud or the stock player), Adobe Acrobat, es file explorer, and Instagram.
    My phone, obviously, is rooted. I also have Xposed.
    Apparently Tasker used to have a display sleep setting, I don't have it in mine. And all I can do in Secure Settings from what I see, is the wifi sleep policy, which tells me that it's already set to never go to sleep...