[Tasker] Profiles to toggle Flash Notification setting automatically

Search This thread

lightmastertech

Jul 11, 2011
Description

In light of not having a dedicated notification LED I set up some Tasker profiles to toggle the Accessibility setting Flash Notifications. I don't want it flashing while I'm using my phone, or while in my car on my wireless charging mount. This consists of 2 profiles and four tasks.

First profile will disable Flash Notifications when your screen is on and enable it when your screen is off, unless the Car profile says it's in your car and on your charger.

Second profile will disable Flash Notifications when it's connected to your car's Bluetooth (be sure to set it to your cars Bluetooth address), AND it's on the charger, unless the Screen profile says the screen is on, in which case the Flash Notifications will remain disabled until you turn you screen off. In my car, I use a wireless charger, so taking it off the charger disconnects power, and putting it back on the mount reconnects power automatically. My idea was that I don't want the Flash distracting other drivers, cuz they have a hard enough time being competent as it is. ;) If you don't use a wireless charger or don't have Bluetooth in your car, you might have to tweak the activation of this profile to your specific case.

I have never shared a Tasker Profile before, so if anyone's interested in this and it doesn't import or something let me know.

Downloads

I am providing both downloadable attachments, and links to download from Tasker's site. You must also have Tasker and Tasker's helper app "Tasker Settings" installed.

Screen Profile Download Link
Car Profile Download Link

Tasker
Tasker Settings Helper App

I don't recall having to use adb to grant Tasker special permissions, but I will be doing a fresh install of this on my wife's phone tomorrow and will update if you need to.

Attachments

• Toggle_Flash_Notify_In_Car.prf.xml
    2.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Toggle_Flash_Notify_With_Screen_On.prf.xml
    1.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Description

In light of not having a dedicated notification LED I set up some Tasker profiles to toggle the Accessibility setting Flash Notifications. I don't want it flashing while I'm using my phone, or while in my car on my wireless charging mount. This consists of 2 profiles and four tasks.

First profile will disable Flash Notifications when your screen is on and enable it when your screen is off, unless the Car profile says it's in your car and on your charger.

Second profile will disable Flash Notifications when it's connected to your car's Bluetooth (be sure to set it to your cars Bluetooth address), AND it's on the charger, unless the Screen profile says the screen is on, in which case the Flash Notifications will remain disabled until you turn you screen off. In my car, I use a wireless charger, so taking it off the charger disconnects power, and putting it back on the mount reconnects power automatically. My idea was that I don't want the Flash distracting other drivers, cuz they have a hard enough time being competent as it is. ;) If you don't use a wireless charger or don't have Bluetooth in your car, you might have to tweak the activation of this profile to your specific case.

I have never shared a Tasker Profile before, so if anyone's interested in this and it doesn't import or something let me know.

Downloads

I am providing both downloadable attachments, and links to download from Tasker's site. You must also have Tasker and Tasker's helper app "Tasker Settings" installed.

Tasker

I don't recall having to use adb to grant Tasker special permissions, but I will be doing a fresh install of this on my wife's phone tomorrow and will update if you need to.
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Tasker. I have compiled ROMs from source, made many Smali edits, built themes (all many years ago when I had time) but never spent the time to figure out Tasker.

I would like Tasker to disable Holey Light (see screenshot) when Do not disturb is turned on and re-enable it when Do not disturb is turned off. Would you know how to (or could you make a profile) do this?

Attachments

• 20190413_084215.jpg
    20190413_084215.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

elite-fusion

Sep 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Tasker. I have compiled ROMs from source, made many Smali edits, built themes (all many years ago when I had time) but never spent the time to figure out Tasker.

I would like Tasker to disable Holey Light (see screenshot) when Do not disturb is turned on and re-enable it when Do not disturb is turned off. Would you know how to (or could you make a profile) do this?

I second this!!!!
Tasker looks like a super useful tool, but f*** why make it so complicated and not user friendly.
I recently tried MacroDroid and like it more, but its definitely limited compared to Tasker from what I've learned, but it did work while I used it.

To disable Holey Light while in DND would be very nice to have. Please advise.

lightmastertech

Jul 11, 2011
I second this!!!!
Tasker looks like a super useful tool, but f*** why make it so complicated and not user friendly.
I recently tried MacroDroid and like it more, but its definitely limited compared to Tasker from what I've learned, but it did work while I used it.

To disable Holey Light while in DND would be very nice to have. Please advise.

I'm not sure if Tasker can change the settings of another app without said app already being programmed to be controlled by Tasker. I'll have to see if this is possible.

lightmastertech

Jul 11, 2011
Also, considering Holey Light is still in beta and being developed, you might try contacting Chainfire and seeing if he can add this setting to the app natively.

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Also, considering Holey Light is still in beta and being developed, you might try contacting Chainfire and seeing if he can add this setting to the app natively.
He's looking into adding Do not disturb but I already found a workaround for my problem. In Holey Light I just turn off for it to work when charging and screen is off. I charge my phone every night so it works out fine for me.

lightmastertech

Jul 11, 2011
He's looking into adding Do not disturb but I already found a workaround for my problem. In Holey Light I just turn off for it to work when charging and screen is off. I charge my phone every night so it works out fine for me.

Only way I can think of having Tasker control it as is, would be to enable disable notification permissions or Accessibility service, both of which require root to do and I have the unrootable US Snapdragon variant.

On another note, Sammy has already added a variation of ring notifications that I'm sure they will expand on. As if now, it works with system apps with screen on or off, and with user apps with screen on.

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Only way I can think of having Tasker control it as is, would be to enable disable notification permissions or Accessibility service, both of which require root to do and I have the unrootable US Snapdragon variant.

On another note, Sammy has already added a variation of ring notifications that I'm sure they will expand on. As if now, it works with system apps with screen on or off, and with user apps with screen on.
I appreciate it, I also have the unrootable US Snapdragon.

Samsung's current implementation of the notification light is just plain useless. It stays on for like 5 seconds.

Holey Light is working perfectly for me the way I have it set up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description

Downloads

Tasker

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone