Tasker to control ringer volume and vibration, regardless of ringer slider position

Search This thread

papadi

Oct 2, 2007
I used to use Tasker to control ringer volume depending on certain scenarios (eg. when my smartwatch is connected I want to have the watch on vibration only and when I leave it at home, I want ringer on). I cannot do that with 6T because of that annoying hardware ringer slider. If the slider is on silent, the volume cannot change using software. Also when the ringer is on, the volume cannot change to 0 using software.

What's the minimum intervention I need to do to have that? I already rooted my device. Is there a simple hack that will allow this or do I need a different ROM? Do you know any ROM that supports it?

papadi

Oct 2, 2007
I found the solution myself after all. It works if I configure Tasker to change "Sound Mode" to Off or Vibrate, together with changing the "Ringer Volume". On my Samsung Edge S7 changing the "Ringer Volume" was enough. On Oneplus stock ROM it seems that Ringer cannot be set to 0 unless "Sound Mode" is Off and it cannot be set to anything above 0 unless "Sound Mode" is not Off.

So nothing to do with the ringer slider position after all.

Reactions: eejee

Inciter

Jan 5, 2009
And there is "Do Not Disturb". "Priority" will enable DND and "All" will disable DND. I use "Sound Mode/Vibrate" to set my phone to vibrate when connecting to my car to silence notifications not interuppting any music.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the solution myself after all. It works if I configure Tasker to change "Sound Mode" to Off or Vibrate, together with changing the "Ringer Volume". On my Samsung Edge S7 changing the "Ringer Volume" was enough. On Oneplus stock ROM it seems that Ringer cannot be set to 0 unless "Sound Mode" is Off and it cannot be set to anything above 0 unless "Sound Mode" is not Off.

So nothing to do with the ringer slider position after all.