• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question TB-J706F Need HDMI Output

Search This thread

mdurkin

Aug 1, 2011
I have on the j716. My monitor has usbc input, that works fine, and I also have a cheap choetech USBC to hdmi convertor(I bought 3 years ago), also fine. I doubt anything special is needed. One thing I did find is zui 13 added more options, unless I failed to find them on earlier version.

Reactions: flhthemi

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
I have on the j716. My monitor has usbc input, that works fine, and I also have a cheap choetech USBC to hdmi convertor(I bought 3 years ago), also fine. I doubt anything special is needed. One thing I did find is zui 13 added more options, unless I failed to find them on earlier version.
So I ordered a Choetech from NewEgg for 9.99 we'll see :)
B1ZPS210904weVFh.jpg

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
I ordered a Xiaoxin Pad Pro TB-J706F but I don't have it yet, hope someone else can help you.

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
So I got my tablet and I bought an adapter and it works perfectly
It's called USAMS U22, paid it around 18$

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
No, it mirrors the screen, so it had some black bars all around, it was not bad but in my TV I can adjust the zoom vertical and horizontal so now I have no black bars.
In the post I linked previously it says it can be used as second screen with native resolution with some tinkering on adb but I did not try yet.

Also to answer @flhthemi I did not have to change any setting, when I plugged in the cable it asked me if I wanted the sound to go on HDMI or internal and it just worked.

This is the item but I bought it locally in a shop
HTB1VbWTM4naK1RjSZFBq6AW7VXa6.jpg_.webp

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
No, it mirrors the screen, so it had some black bars all around, it was not bad but in my TV I can adjust the zoom vertical and horizontal so now I have no black bars.
In the post I linked previously it says it can be used as second screen with native resolution with some tinkering on adb but I did not try yet.

Also to answer @flhthemi I did not have to change any setting, when I plugged in the cable it asked me if I wanted the sound to go on HDMI or internal and it just worked.

This is the item but I bought it locally in a shop
HTB1VbWTM4naK1RjSZFBq6AW7VXa6.jpg_.webp
Can you post the brand and model number please?

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Brand: USAMS
Model: US-SJ282
Name: U22 Type C to HDMI 4K HD Adapter Cable(Female),15cm

There is also (I do NOT have this one):
Model: US-SJ281
Name: U21 Type C to HDMI 4K HD Cable(Male),1.8m

I bought it at a retail shop, online I found this in Aliexpress:

even if it says it's not available you can check the details and maybe find another seller

@flhthemi I think you need to check what the one you bought supports because probably any USB C To HDMI Cable([email protected]) should work.

Edit 2
Looks like yours is 4k (3840x2160)@30hz

Last edited:

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
@MrCrayon Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to try and find one of these in a couple days as I'm out of town right now.

EDIT: Well this is strange...the adapter I had already bought, that didn't work, is now working. Mighty strange.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.