General [TB-J706F] P11 Pro global ROM update S620150_211226

Search This thread

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
I just received an OTA update (51MB), only in one of the two tablet.
I saw the ROM is available also in lolinet TB-J706F_S620150_211226.

It contains:
December 5, 2021 Security update
Cam app version is updated

After downloading update and restarting I saw a notification with Google Play system update, I checked Settings -> Security -> Google Play system update and it said I needed to restart so I restarted.
I had to repeat this three times and finally Google Play system update passed from March 1, 2021 to December 1, 2021.

p11_update.jpeg

[/ISPOILER]

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
I noticed with the update the luminosity levels changed.
In the tablet not updated if I set luminosity at minimum it's hardly visible, that's nice if you want to use HDMI output, in the updated tablet it's quite higher.

PXL_20220116_191728277~2.jpg

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
I noticed with the update the luminosity levels changed.
In the tablet not updated if I set luminosity at minimum it's hardly visible, that's nice if you want to use HDMI output, in the updated tablet it's quite higher.

Ah damn, you are saying with the new update the minimum brightness is higher? :eek:
I do want to get that tablet to read in dark environment, so I guess I should stay in stock Android 10 just in case?

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
The previous version was already Android 11, to be honest I am not sure if I would be able to read with the previous lowest setting.
I'll check tonight how do they feel compared, meanwhile you can see a picture in my second post but it's a bit too exposed, so it's actually darker than that.

Reactions: Stremon

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
The previous version was already Android 11, to be honest I am not sure if I would be able to read with the previous lowest setting.
I'll check tonight how do they feel compared, meanwhile you can see a picture in my second post but it's a bit too exposed, so it's actually darker than that.
Yeah in your pic it's quite easy to see the difference. Have you tried turning the auto bightness on/off or doing a factory reset of the tablet to see if it's still different?
Also can you tell which ROM version the working tablet (the one with lower brightness) is running?
I might get the tablet soon, and since I like very dark display I'd like to avoid the issue you have :LOL:

Last edited:

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
I did not try a factory reseet, switched auto brigthness on and off many times.

All with Android 11:
TB-J706F_S620022_210910_ROW Super Dark
TB-J706F_S620108_211124_ROW Did not get this update
TB-J706F_S620150_211226_ROW Less dark

Quite strange I did not get the update on the second tablet yet.

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008

All with Android 11:

Thanks for the info!
Did both tablet have the same base/ota version before the update?

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
I just got the tablet, and now I understand why they increased the minimum brightness, because grays are super nasty, burn in all over the place, like the very early AMOLED screens...
Can I ask you one more thing? (Sorry for all the questions)
Can you check at what level the first tablet is the same as the second one please? (You can see the exact % in the screen settings)

Last edited:

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
I checked with Display Tester from PlayStore.
1% of new ROM is same as 12% of old one.
I am using DCI-P3 Standard on both.

Even with same perceived luminosity i like more how it looks in the new ROM but I think it depends from the fact that in the tablet with the old ROM I have a tempered glass over and in the other one nothing.

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008

Even with same perceived luminosity i like more how it looks in the new ROM but I think it depends from the fact that in the tablet with the old ROM I have a tempered glass over and in the other one nothing.
Thanks again for the testing!
I'm hesitant of updating the firmware as I really like the minimum britghness of the 210910 version, grays are nasty but for night reading it's just perfect.
I will see how 12% + darknening filter software looks compared to real 1%, if the oled screen behaves correctly the difference should be minimal.

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
After test, it appears 12% + dark screen filter looks exactly the same as real 1%, so at least the tablet's oled screen is behaving correctly on that :)
But like your second tablet, the update doesn't seems to be pushed on it...
I wonder if there is a region we can set to force it.

Daxorp

Oct 9, 2010
Hello,
I just received the P11 pro and before rooting it, I'm wondering if I should update to Android 11?
I know that on Samsung S7+ (I have tried it before) people are not happy with Android 11, more space, slower... Is it really better on Lenovo?

(It offers me TB-J706F_S620150_211226 0043_Q00067_ROW)

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
@Daxorp I did not notice any performance difference between 10 and 11 but I did not run any benchmark, just casual usage.
One thing to note is that with the version you have in OTA you are updated to December security patches vs what you have now.

@Stremon
I checked one hour ago system update and I got the OTA update also on my second tablet but did not run it yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mind is version below, although Google Play store showing certified, DRM Info showing L1, but NetFlix still L3, anyone know a working L1 firmware version and Netflix App version, Thanks
    Model: Xiaoxin Pad Pro
    ROM: TB-J706F_S620108_211226_ROW
    Netflix: 8.14
    Region: HK
    Delete Netflix Data and uninstall Updates, then install Netflix-6.26.1_build_15_31696.apk from apkpure or so. Check your ID in Netflix and try Test patterns. If it is o.k then update with com.netflix.mediaclient_7.120.0_build_7_35589-35589.apk. This is the last working version with HD for me.

All with Android 11:

It's around 10% but checking on settings app contrast is much higher in the new version, I'll have to check later using the same image on both.