Question [TB-J706F] pre-installed Netflix app broken and black listed?

Search This thread

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
Hi,

I just got the P11 Pro and it comes with pre-installed Netflix app.
Problem is that the app is not working and it also blocks me from getting it from play store...

See here;

Screenshot_2022-01-18-21-53-03-447.jpeg

Screenshot_2022-01-18-21-24-58-103.jpeg

Does anybody know how to fix that?
My ROM version is TB-J706F_S620022_210910_ROW

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
Neverming, I saw TechTablets had the same issue and solved it withthe Netflix apk from apk mirror.
It indeed fixed it for me too!

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
Uninstall then side load. Although it should be there which is odd.
I can't uninstall, it's seen as a system app (only the disable option is there which doesn't solve anything).
And sideloading is actually crap, as without the link to play store and play protect, it reverts to L3, meaning no HD or HDR.
It feels pretty stupid to have a L1 device and have no L1 app that works on it :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-18-22-23-42-365.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-01-18-22-23-42-365.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_2022-01-18-22-25-47-292.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-01-18-22-25-47-292.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 163

CptanPanic

Jun 15, 2011
I can't uninstall, it's seen as a system app (only the disable option is there which doesn't solve anything).
And sideloading is actually crap, as without the link to play store and play protect, it reverts to L3, meaning no HD or HDR.
It feels pretty stupid to have a L1 device and have no L1 app that works on it :ROFLMAO:
Not sure that is true, as I just got my tablet that didn't come with a preloaded Netflix, and wasn't available in the play store, so I sideloaded it, and Netflix still shows as L1, and Full HD.

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
You cannot update Netflix from Playstore because the Device is not certified, you can see that in Play store settings.
You can solve this changing region code, this procedure will force a factory reset and you will lose all data.
  1. Open settings app
  2. Write on search ####6030#
  3. Select a region different from China
After that your tablet will factory reset, your device is going to be certified and you can update Netflix that will have L1.

You'll still be able to receive OTA updates.

Reactions: Stremon

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
@CptanPanic if you go in Play store settings does it tell your device is certified?
Can you check which region is set?

You can check the region selected with this code ####5993#

My tablet came with global ROM and Netflix preinstalled, with all same problems as @Stremon

Last edited:

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
You cannot update Netflix from Playstore because the Device is not certified, you can see that in Play store settings.
You can solve this changing region code, this procedure will force a factory reset and you will lose all data.
  1. Open settings app
  2. Write on search ####6030#
  3. Select a region different from China
After that your tablet will factory reset, your device is going to be certified and you can update Netflix that will have L1.

You'll still be able to receive OTA updates.
I tried 3 different regions, they all showed up as certified in play protect, they all were L1 in the drm check app, but the Netflix app always sees only L3.
Can you guys tell me what the Netflix app tells you in the "Playback Specification" menu?

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
Can you guys tell me what the Netflix app tells you in the "Playback Specification" menu?
Wow, I guess something happened, I have L3 too in Netflix now!
It was probably a Netflix update that broke it, you might try to install an older version.
I know for sure it was L1 around 10 days ago.

@CptanPanic can you check again if Netflix reports L1 and which version do you have installed?

Last edited:

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
Wow, I guess something happened, I have L3 too in Netflix now!
It was probably a Netflix update that broke it, you might try to install an older version.
I know for sure it was L1 around 10 days ago.

@CptanPanic can you check again if Netflix reports L1 and which version do you have installed?
Ok so that's normal, I was afraid my tablet had something especially wrong there :ROFLMAO:
Issue is that older versions will most likely fall down to L3 beside it won't be in sync with Play Store anymore.
On a side note Amazon Prime does work perfectly in HDR, and Disney+ works ok as well but only HD, no Dolby Vision.

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Lenovo P11
So I tried the previous Netflix version, 8.12.0, still same problem.
I guess Netflix removed the device from their list.

If @CptanPanic Netflix is still L1 I can see a couple of things to check:
Actual model Xiaoxin vs P11
ROM global vs chinese

Mine are
Xiaoxin Pad Pro
TB-J706F_S620022_210910_ROW
and
TB-J706F_S620150_211226_ROW

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
So I tried the previous Netflix version, 8.12.0, still same problem.
I guess Netflix removed the device from their list.

If @CptanPanic Netflix is still L1 I can see a couple of things to check:
Actual model Xiaoxin vs P11
ROM global vs chinese

Mine are
Xiaoxin Pad Pro
TB-J706F_S620022_210910_ROW
and
TB-J706F_S620150_211226_ROW
Yeah mine is TB-J706F_S620022_210910_ROW too.
I really hope Xiaoxin does something about it.

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
Are you joking.. They can't even fix issues with their core software let alone a streaming app which isn't even used widely in china.
Well... Yeah true haha
Although with the Netflix app I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that it's preinstalled. Maybe if it gets completely removed from the base ROM it would work? Not sure but I do hope.

CptanPanic

Jun 15, 2011
Yes I have Netflix L1, but have only had tablet for 2 days now, using latest Netflix apk. I have J716F

Stremon

Mar 7, 2008
I tried uninstall the preloaded app through adb, install different version, but it's a no go. I do believe that Netflix simply blocks any Android tablet with an unauthorized preloaded Netflix app...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo has released the update which should fix the problem.
    I haven't tried it yet because I have rooted my device, so I'm unsure if that will wotk.
    Finally!!
    I haven't received any update though... Maybe in a few days.
    I'm still waiting for the OTA...
    There must be a way to fool the system...
    From Lenovo Forum:

"our technicians have confirmed that they have identified the root cause for the behavior described in this discussion and that they are currently working on a fix for this symptom. We do not have an ETA for the fix yet, but I keep this item high on my priority list and will continue inquiring about the current status."
    just intall netflix version 7.80
    this would solve the problem. and don't update it
    Let me know if yours stays, maybe we can figure it out what's different.

You are right, there happens something in the background.
    I have NOT played any movies for about 3~4 hours and now the 7.120.0 downgraded itself to L3.

The app also got a new menu entry "playback specification", after updateting from 6.26.1 to 7.120.0 this entry is NOT displayed.

I really like this kind of "service". You pay a lot of money and they just decide to change what you have to use.
    It's like you buy a 80" TV and a week later it shrinks it self to 19" ...
    I'm still waiting for the OTA...
    There must be a way to fool the system...
    Yeah I tried a tons of netflix versions, nothing works.
    I am starting to wonder if it was ever L1 on netflix on this tablet :ROFLMAO: