Question [TB-J706F] pre-installed Netflix app broken and black listed?

Search This thread

CryptMan

Feb 21, 2011
ZTE Axon 7
Lenovo P11
I have taken a look into the Logs on my device, here is where it ends.
Any body an idea what "keybox" is or where it is stored or how to replace it?

Code:
QCOM-OEMCrypto: Error at trusted_app_is_keybox_or_oemcert_valid : 735

Code: WidevineOTAKeyboxProvisioner -> mediaDrm.getPropertyString(KEY_SECURITY_LEVEL).equals("L3")

com.widevine.otakeyboxprovisioner: L3 device

Attachments

• lenovo.log
    10.8 KB · Views: 27

Dektto

May 28, 2022
I'm still waiting for the OTA...
There must be a way to fool the system...
With this request we can get the update zip

Code:
curl -X POST -d "ChecksumType=sha256&locale=en&pid=&curfirmwarever=TB-J706F_USR_S630229_2203120042_Q00067_ROW&deviceid=XXX&devicemodel=LenovoTB-J706F&action=querynewfirmware" https://ota.lenovo.com/ota-server/firmware/query/for-text-desc

So the download link is https://ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/2022518154711722-3656.zip but it is not possible to install in recovery or sideload.

jjtav

Jun 1, 2022
Hi all - the OTA fix seems to be for the P11 Pro and Xiaoxin Pad Pro versions? Does anyone happen to know if the fix extends also to the Xiaoxin P11 devices (i.e. not Pro version)? Apologies if this is covered under a separate thread.

f1tm0t

Jan 1, 2022
Lenovo P11
I have taken a look into the Logs on my device, here is where it ends.
Any body an idea what "keybox" is or where it is stored or how to replace it?

Code:
QCOM-OEMCrypto: Error at trusted_app_is_keybox_or_oemcert_valid : 735

Code: WidevineOTAKeyboxProvisioner -> mediaDrm.getPropertyString(KEY_SECURITY_LEVEL).equals("L3")

com.widevine.otakeyboxprovisioner: L3 device
Look here, it's similiar: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/widevine-l3-without-any-flash.60858/page-2

CryptMan

Feb 21, 2011
ZTE Axon 7
Lenovo P11
Thank you for this. It sounds very similar.
But their solution seems to be different and needs the vendor too.
As Lenovo has released a patch that checks and change Widevine ID every Boot and/or sends a request for new keys does not explain why it does not work on my device.

There must be someting wrong with my device that makes this check fail.

I consider to Smali-Patch the Lenovo Patch to skip the checks. But needs to root again to replace the "com.widevine.otakeyboxprovisioner" in ROM with mine with different APK Signing-Key.

And well, I don't know if that will work or if I'm overlook something ...

Cyberfil

Dec 9, 2013
Lisbon
Amazon Fire
OnePlus X
Thank you for this. It sounds very similar.
But their solution seems to be different and needs the vendor too.
As Lenovo has released a patch that checks and change Widevine ID every Boot and/or sends a request for new keys does not explain why it does not work on my device.

There must be someting wrong with my device that makes this check fail.

I consider to Smali-Patch the Lenovo Patch to skip the checks. But needs to root again to replace the "com.widevine.otakeyboxprovisioner" in ROM with mine with different APK Signing-Key.

And well, I don't know if that will work or if I'm overlook something ...
Actually it looks exactly the same... But your tablet is failing to retrieve the keys for whatever reason...
Maybe comparing logs??
Or maybe reach out to that user, he may have something to say...

CryptMan

Feb 21, 2011
ZTE Axon 7
Lenovo P11
Hi all,

finally I will give up.
I got a new XiaoXin Pad Pro with preinstalled global ROM. I copied EVERTING I can (full ROM and QCN) and copied it to my broken device.

And ... Nothing. Still L3. What I can tell is, that some part of certification and attestation is saved in the "persist" partition. So what ever you do KEEP that partition.

I guess I have lost. The broken device also lost its safetynet CTS profile.

Think I will sell it to someone how does not need Widevine.

f1tm0t

Jan 1, 2022
Lenovo P11
I read somewhere that this key is stored in TEE and we don't have access to it.
I also apparently lost my Widevine key when I tried to trick Widevine with Magisk modules on rooted tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Lenovo Forum:

"our technicians have confirmed that they have identified the root cause for the behavior described in this discussion and that they are currently working on a fix for this symptom. We do not have an ETA for the fix yet, but I keep this item high on my priority list and will continue inquiring about the current status."
    just intall netflix version 7.80
    this would solve the problem. and don't update it
    Let me know if yours stays, maybe we can figure it out what's different.

You are right, there happens something in the background.
    I have NOT played any movies for about 3~4 hours and now the 7.120.0 downgraded itself to L3.

The app also got a new menu entry "playback specification", after updateting from 6.26.1 to 7.120.0 this entry is NOT displayed.

I really like this kind of "service". You pay a lot of money and they just decide to change what you have to use.
    It's like you buy a 80" TV and a week later it shrinks it self to 19" ...
    I'm still waiting for the OTA...
    There must be a way to fool the system...
    Yeah I tried a tons of netflix versions, nothing works.
    I am starting to wonder if it was ever L1 on netflix on this tablet :ROFLMAO: