Development [TB-J716F] (Unofficial) TWRP for Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021

Search This thread

rosco_pc

Dec 6, 2010
Thank you very much for the guidance. I've downloaded the tools as you said and managed to send commands to the tablet but i'm stuck at the flash recovery command. It says waiting for device but on my device but i don't see any confirmation on my tablet. What am i supposed to do from here?

View attachment 5508111View attachment 5508115
That means you don't have the correct usb drivers installed

This post give a good overview: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347951/post-85825625

bobochacha

Jan 14, 2022
That means you don't have the correct usb drivers installed

This post give a good overview: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347951/post-85825625
I've followed the instructions there. I've downloaded android studio as well as manually installing google ADB driver but I still have the same problem. It still says waiting for device. Am i doing something wrong? For the Android FileHost & android_device_lenovo_J716F file i have already extracted them into my tablet. Am i missing something?

1642162268955.png

Last edited:

rosco_pc

Dec 6, 2010
I've followed the instructions there. I've downloaded android studio as well as manually installing google ADB driver but I still have the same problem. It still says waiting for device. Am i doing something wrong? For the Android FileHost & android_device_lenovo_J716F file i have already extracted them into my tablet. Am i missing something?
Don't know. This is what I used (quoting from the post I mentioned)
I used the QFIL that comes with QPST_2.7.496. Qualcomm's driver installer came with it as well. (https://qpsttool.com/)

After that it worked for me.

rosco_pc

Dec 6, 2010
I am waiting for a gsi A12 ROM to use. Is there any good? But gsi flashing will be the first time for me so I need a tutorial 😁
look in this thread for howto install GSI rom and for links to existing roms:

Oh i'm supposed to use QPST? I'm quite confused. I thought i didn't need QPST to get this TWRP? I managed to connect to PC with QFIL but i cant select the TWRP disc image to proceed
No, you're supposed to use fastboot to flash the recovery (Look up "SDK Platform Tools"). QFIL is used to unbrick the tablet or to revert back to stock ROM. Read through the first post thoroughly.

You don't need the device tree, it's the source code used to compile the image.

EDIT: I made a mistake on the first post for flashing recovery. I fixed it now, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

bobochacha

Jan 14, 2022
No, you're supposed to use fastboot to flash the recovery (Look up "SDK Platform Tools"). QFIL is used to unbrick the tablet or to revert back to stock ROM. Read through the first post thoroughly.

You don't need the device tree, it's the source code used to compile the image.

EDIT: I made a mistake on the first post for flashing recovery. I fixed it now, sorry for the confusion.
Check USB Fastboot drive。
input :fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
I've done exactly what u guys said but for some reason the fastboot command is not working. After i reboot to bootloader and once i send the fastboot command, it's just stuck at waiting for device. I searched up USB fastboot drive and downloaded the drivers as well. This is what i've downloaded:-

I'm still stuck at fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
1642313682456.png

No changes on my tablet.
Pic.jpeg

I've done exactly what u guys said but for some reason the fastboot command is not working. After i reboot to bootloader and once i send the fastboot command, it's just stuck at waiting for device. I searched up USB fastboot drive and downloaded the drivers as well. This is what i've downloaded:-

I'm still stuck at fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
View attachment 5509703
No changes on my tablet.
View attachment 5509707

Maybe start with unlocking your bootloader…

The bootloader has to be unlocked for flashing.

bobochacha

Jan 14, 2022
Maybe start with unlocking your bootloader…

The bootloader has to be unlocked for flashing.
Thanks alot i managed to install TWRP and rooted the tablet! But now i am stuck at bootloop cause i wanted to relock the bootloader. I didnt know i was not supposed to relock the bootloader after installing TWRP. I cant even go into recovery mode to restore the tablet. I did backup in TWRP but I cant access it now. Can you please provide me some guidance on what i can do now? I think the tablet is dead right now :(

Thanks alot i managed to install TWRP and rooted the tablet! But now i am stuck at bootloop cause i wanted to relock the bootloader. I didnt know i was not supposed to relock the bootloader after installing TWRP. I cant even go into recovery mode to restore the tablet. I did backup in TWRP but I cant access it now. Can you please provide me some guidance on what i can do now? I think the tablet is dead right now :(
You need to unlock the bootloader using the script in unlock+lock post. Then reflash stock recovery in stock rom. Or reflash firmware from qfil.

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
do not lock the bootloader if you have tempered any of your rom from the official.

amiruls

Jan 10, 2014
Lenovo P11
Mi MIX Fold
Hi so I broke b_partition of the device need help/guide in getting the required files to flash to fix the issues. Using the fastboot --set-active b keep showing unknown option. Likewise flashing the stock rom using QFIL doesnt fix the issues . Not sure what i did wrong along the way.... Also tried flash fastboot method with the stock rom files doesnt help too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi so I broke b_partition of the device need help/guide in getting the required files to flash to fix the issues. Using the fastboot --set-active b keep showing unknown option. Likewise flashing the stock rom using QFIL doesnt fix the issues . Not sure what i did wrong along the way.... Also tried flash fastboot method with the stock rom files doesnt help too.
    The correct command is fastboot set_active b.

QFIL would actually fix the issue easily as it reflashes the partition table.
    got this instead . Have the latest platform tools too
    Are you sure it's the latest? What does fastboot --version and did you it download from here?
    I've tried to flash an update zip by TWRP but I got an error message of slot A/B, so I've changed to slot B just for trying and rebooted it. now I can't even turn on the tablet, it doesn't give a sign even if I try to charge or pressing the power or volume buttons. any idea of how can I fix this and change it back to slot A?
    You seem to have related issues with the twrp like me which happens to have the same issues, the only to fix is through EDL hence via flashing stock rom, in the forum there's a way to flash back rom via QFIL EDL mode
    You seem to have related issues with the twrp like me which happens to have the same issues, the only to fix is through EDL hence via flashing stock rom, in the forum there's a way to flash back rom via QFIL EDL mode
    ty for the reply, I was able to flash by QFIL only after selecting Reset Machine on settings, now device is working fine. only thing that I wasn't able to do is lock the bootloader, every time I try I'm getting the corrupt message, but not a real problem to me. I've updated it yesterday to ZUI 13.1.555
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Working:​

• Decryption
    • USB
    • Wiping
    • Fastbootd
    • Touch
    • ADB Sideload
    • Formatting Data (Sometimes it errors out after wiping data but it can be fixed by rebooting and trying again.)
    • Toybox

Not working:​

• Vibration (Low priority)
    • SD card (Should be possible to mount it manually for now)

Download: Android FileHost
    Device tree: android_device_lenovo_J716F
    Kernel: Using prebuilt kernel, Lenovo hasn't yet released the source :(

How to flash to your current slot:
    1. Unlock the bootloader
    2. Reboot into bootloader:
      1. Form powered-on state: adb reboot bootloader
      2. Or from powered-off state: Hold Power + Volume Down
    3. Flash recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.6.0_11-0-J716F.img
    4. Reboot to recovery: fastboot reboot recovery
    5. Done!
    Will you be working on any ROMS in the future..or do you use a GSI?
    For now I'm using the GSI, but I do want to eventually port LineageOS to it (I have only little experience so this could take a long time). I'd also like to get mainline Linux booting on this tablet, since SD865 is supported in Linux and SD870 is an overclocked SD865.

EDIT: I've been using the GSI for some time now and the performance is great. I'll try looking into the issues the GSI has because if the GSI works good there's no need to make a new and seperate LineageOS port. I would need to learn how to do that first though so it can take some time.
    Just flashed this without any issues.
    Thanks for your contribution!
    So now we can install gsi through twrp?
    Not so easy. Installing it through fastboot is easier.