Question [TB132FU] Future Custom Rom support for new variant of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022

Search This thread

ZhenMing

Screenshot_20220926-120157.png

One thing that I still don't understand will be the 256GB internal storage variant. I could not find that config in any of the page. Not even in the China sites. But if it is true that you got 256GB, that is a great news!

Sep 26, 2022
I've recently received my 6/128GB MTK Edition from giztop.
Looks like the seller installed the Google Play Store. Unfortunately i reset the pad due to some misunderstandings with my Google Account and now i have no Playstore anymore.
I've downloaded the current apk, but it doesn't work.
Can someone tell me where i can get a working Version?
I hope we can flash a global rom soon
:love:

ZhenMing

Looks like the seller installed the Google Play Store. Unfortunately i reset the pad due to some misunderstandings with my Google Account and now i have no Playstore anymore.
As I understand, you go to the Application Center and look for google play. You will able to activate it there.

Reactions: Hanswurstistda

Nekobai

Sep 22, 2022
Hi folks, I've been doing some research into what do I need to do in order to be able to root a TB132FU, as I'm a developer and I need to be able to fully access the device. I'm familiar with the unlocking and rooting on other devices, but this is my first Lenovo and Mediatek device so I'm a bit at a loss.

I tried to enable OEM unlock as that's usually the first step on most devices, but the option is greyed out (not available). I've also tried after wiping the device, with the same result. I know that some brands require a device to be active for 7 days before being able to allow OEM unlocking so I was wondering if this is the same.

Does anyone know if this is possible at all, and what's the easiest way to achieve it?

Thanks!

ZhenMing

OK, i've intalled it, but i can't sign in. When i tap on the sign in button, nothing happens. In Google Maps it's the same.
I can't choose a Google Account in the settings too.
hmm... That is what I learn from other resources... I never tried my own before... Maybe you want to check with your seller on the method to do so, and shared here?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
same happened to me, just download play store app from lenovo app center or from apkpure, download google play services app and google services framework app, install, reboot ... done ... works like a charm (I actually did reboot after every install)

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
That is a great news!!! I had to ask if I shall reset my tablet and try that out. hmmm.
I had to reset my tablet, because whatever the seller did while installing Play store on my tablet, broke some parts of firmware and after FW actualization when I powered tablet for the first time I suddenly couldn't add anything to notification area... as soon as I pressed edit button, everything from the notification area disappeared (until reboot)...

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
I also reported today via Feedback to Lenovo, that HDR playback on China FW is actually broken, instead of black color you see gray... HDR10+ and Dolby vision is OK ... this was the main thing why I invested in this tablet and of course it's broken... just my luck... oh, well... hope global FW don't have this bug and I find soon how to flash it...

Attachments

• external_screenshot_DolbyVision_OK_IMG20220927101836.jpg
    external_screenshot_DolbyVision_OK_IMG20220927101836.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
  • external_screenshot_HDR_BAD_IMG20220927101744.jpg
    external_screenshot_HDR_BAD_IMG20220927101744.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72

ZhenMing

I also reported today via Feedback to Lenovo, that HDR playback on China FW is actually broken, instead of black color you see gray... HDR10+ and Dolby vision is OK ... this was the main thing why I invested in this tablet and of course it's broken... just my luck... oh, well... hope global FW don't have this bug and I find soon how to flash it...
How do we test on this HDR10+ thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    In addition, my English is not very good, so I don't have the energy to do the tutorial. I put the pictures that I have successfully swiped in some Chinese computer flash ROM forum. As for why I don't share the CN ROM, it is because I can't use Google.
    Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
    NjBdtsd.jpg
    Hi,

Received mine Friday...it's a 8/256Go.
    Nearly everything is very good :
    - bright 2.5k AMOLED screen
    - sound
    - performances (far better than Pro Gen 1)
    - internal storage (average sequential read : 1.3Go/s)
    - microSD card reader (tested on a 256Go)
    - light weight

What is less good :
    - face unlock doesn't work in darkness
    - fingerprints marks on back
    - lack of audio jack

Nevertheless, I doubt you will get many custom ROM as it is :
    - probably not a best seller even if I think it's one of the best tablet...0 tests yet in media
    - it's Mediatek's based...devs used to dislike that (there are some exceptions : for exemple Redmi Note 8 Pro)
    you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...
    - so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
    - using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
    - using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
    - after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
    - started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
    - I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
    - after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
    - conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
    I can't wait for my set. I ordered the 8/128 GB variant.
    From the internet research, the 8gb variant should come with extra features like 10bit color and SD870 SOC instead.

I could not confirm that until received. Anyone could confirm this?

I have now also ordered the European version of this variant here in Germany, it has arrived today. There was only one option available, which is the 256/8GB version with the Mediatek chipset and global ROM (including Play Store) already installed.

As I understand it, the global version of this tablet always comes with the Mediatek chipset, the QC SD870 is for other markets. This would also mean that the global ROM will only function on the Mediatek chipset and not on the Qualcomm.

I can also confirm, that there is support for HDR10 and even Dolby Vision.
    same happened to me, just download play store app from lenovo app center or from apkpure, download google play services app and google services framework app, install, reboot ... done ... works like a charm (I actually did reboot after every install)