Question [TB132FU] Future Custom Rom support for new variant of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022

Search This thread

greenflash_24

Dec 24, 2018
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
I also reported today via Feedback to Lenovo, that HDR playback on China FW is actually broken, instead of black color you see gray... HDR10+ and Dolby vision is OK ... this was the main thing why I invested in this tablet and of course it's broken... just my luck... oh, well... hope global FW don't have this bug and I find soon how to flash it...

I can confirm that i do also have issues with HDR in the global version (Build number TB132FU_S000073_220816_ROW), but only in the YouTube App (and also YT Vanaced).

But if i play the HDR video files with another Player (Plex for example) HDR, HDR10+ and DolbyVision works flawlessly without any issues.

Reactions: jeryll

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
I can confirm that i do also have issues with HDR in the global version (Build number TB132FU_S000073_220816_ROW), but only in the YouTube App (and also YT Vanaced).

But if i play the HDR video files with another Player (Plex for example) HDR, HDR10+ and DolbyVision works flawlessly without any issues.
Interesting, you may try to play your HDR(10+), DoVi files with MX Player, in my experience that's only one (of the few, (if not the only one)) player which try to send on screen of the device where is installed exactly what you "feed it" (tested years on my Philips OLED Android TV - so I have something to compare with)...

I'm unfamiliar with the Plex, but isn't it transcoding utility? You may get from it an optimized stream which may have nothing with the original file ... Also, VLC is well known and widely used player ... and it tries really hard to bring you watchable content on screen of your device ... but you can't really verify what it shows you, because if you feed it HDR content on device, which cannot play HDR it automatically tone map HDR to SDR (without saying so) and you can watch your files just fine (except it isn't real HDR (but you can watch it just fine)).

So, if you want, please, do some more tests (or not), but report your findings through Feedback part of the Settings, prepare some screenshot that may help devs to pinpoint problems, include them in your report and send it ... the more people will report this or other bugs, the bigger is chance the devs will actually fix it, thanks...

Last edited:

longxa762

Sep 26, 2017
I also reported today via Feedback to Lenovo, that HDR playback on China FW is actually broken, instead of black color you see gray... HDR10+ and Dolby vision is OK ... this was the main thing why I invested in this tablet and of course it's broken... just my luck... oh, well... hope global FW don't have this bug and I find soon how to flash it...
Having the same issue as you (Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 1300T model) just arrived today.

Everything else work flawlessly but the HDR videos are showing black kinda grey instead of true black.

Tested on Youtube and a few players using Sony Swordsmith HDR demo. If you screenshot it the photo is showing true black so maybe something is wrong with the display?

Hopefully it's just a software bug and will be fix soon.

Last edited:

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
Having the same issue as you (Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 1300T model) just arrived today.

Everything else work flawlessly but the HDR videos are showing black kinda grey instead of true black.

Tested on Youtube and a few players using Sony Swordsmith HDR demo. If you screenshot it the photo is showing true black so maybe something is wrong with the display?

Hopefully it's just a software bug and will be fix soon.
Very strange...I have just tested this same video on YouTube, blacks are truely blacks. I'm not able to see the difference with borders of the pad.

Update is exactly the same than Greenflash_24's...can't understandl

longxa762

Sep 26, 2017
Very strange...I have just tested this same video on YouTube, blacks are truely blacks. I'm not able to see the difference with borders of the pad.

Update is exactly the same than Greenflash_24's...can't understandl
Are you sure it's running HDR and not normal? For me normal vids true black is working but any videos with HDR will brighten the vids up and turn true black to grey.

Maybe it's also due to some setting or something that over brighten up HDR, I'm leaving everything default though (Vibrant, Standard and 120hz). Might try to reset to factory later to see if it will work.

Found this thread below on Google having the same issues with another tablet from Lenovo and doesn't seems there is a fix.

ZhenMing

Sorry to deviate for a bit.

There was report of overcharging of our tablet. Which in summary means eventhough the tablet is full charged, and sleep, it will still draw 8W of power from the power adapter.

The worst part is, Lenovo able to duplicate that too. They are requesting the the person to CN forum for the advice and solution. Which means they don't have the solution.

The reference forum from lenovo is here.

How do we do the test? If we are facing it, shall feedback this from the tablet so that Lenovo acknowledge the issue and fix by next update?

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
Are you sure it's running HDR and not normal? For me normal vids true black is working but any videos with HDR will brighten the vids up and turn true black to grey.

Maybe it's also due to some setting or something that over brighten up HDR, I'm leaving everything default though (Vibrant, Standard and 120hz). Might try to reset to factory later to see if it will work.

Found this thread below on Google having the same issues with another tablet from Lenovo and doesn't seems there is a fix.

I forced 2160 HDR on YouTube

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
Sorry to deviate for a bit.

There was report of overcharging of our tablet. Which in summary means eventhough the tablet is full charged, and sleep, it will still draw 8W of power from the power adapter.

The worst part is, Lenovo able to duplicate that too. They are requesting the the person to CN forum for the advice and solution. Which means they don't have the solution.

The reference forum from lenovo is here.

How do we do the test? If we are facing it, shall feedback this from the tablet so that Lenovo acknowledge the issue and fix by next update?
Is it on both SD870/K1300T versions?
I think you must have matériel to check (plug with built-in wattmeter)

ZhenMing

It doesn't mention on which variant is affected. The reference to the Chinese Forum is useless as there wasn't much information. Signing in is a disasterous as it return with empty page. I could not get more information from the Chinese Forum.

Reactions: Plumplum88

greenflash_24

Dec 24, 2018
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
I have tested my tablet for the overcharging issue, and i can confirm that it is also affected.
After it has reached 100% it continues to draw (in my case 11.4W) from the wall, which is way to much for the processor allown while being idle (disply was turned off).

As i have mentioned in a previous post, i do have the German version of the Mediatek 1300T variant with 8/256GB storage.

ZhenMing

I have tested my tablet for the overcharging issue, and i can confirm that it is also affected.
After it has reached 100% it continues to draw (in my case 11.4W) from the wall, which is way to much for the processor allown while being idle (disply was turned off).

As i have mentioned in a previous post, i do have the German version of the Mediatek 1300T variant with 8/256GB storage.
We shall test this in our tablet and do the feedback. The more the merrier. So that they don't take this lightly.

Agreed?

ZhenMing

According to the post in the Lenovo forum, the person is just using the Ampere app to test and check. I'm doing it now to confirm if mine is also affected. I would recommend you to do so too.
If you are confirm you had that issue, do feedback here and (important) feedback to Lenovo using the feedback feature within your tablet.

ZhenMing

I do not know how I could check for the charging watt from Ampere, but the unlock screen did say charged, which the post there said it will say charging still even it was full charged..

Anyone could shade the light for us on how to check? Or you have a better app recommendation for this test?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
I do not know how I could check for the charging watt from Ampere, but the unlock screen did say charged, which the post there said it will say charging still even it was full charged..

Anyone could shade the light for us on how to check? Or you have a better app recommendation for this test?
you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...

greenflash_24

Dec 24, 2018
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1

My tablet did also indicate that it was fully charged and the lighting in the battery icon has disappeared.
But as it was still consuming power, it might be still charging.

I have tested this with an external wattmeter, which I can plug directly into the wall outlet. Then I plugged the charger which came in the box into my wattmeter.

Currently, I am not sure whether I want to do additional tests, as overcharging the battery definitely will harm it and I don't want to damage it any further. Also, there could be the risk of starting a fire.
Probably i will give Lenovo a call tomorrow if I have time.

Reactions: jeryll and ZhenMing

ZhenMing

I don't have the watt meter available to test on my case. But the following is the Ampere app status, while the tablet is still plugin.
Screenshot_20220929-233106~2.png

It is time to stop charging it overnight.

HSKalay

Nov 17, 2009

I have the global Lenovo tab 11 pro Gen 2 (8gb 256) and I can confirm that the screen also looks like garbage in HDR (videos in Plex and YouTube) - washed out and grey areas that should be black. I just thought they used a cheap oled panel to cut costs. Would be AWESOME if they can fix this. Otherwise I may give this away or return it, buy a S8+ instead.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
I have the global Lenovo tab 11 pro Gen 2 (8gb 256) and I can confirm that the screen also looks like garbage in HDR (videos in Plex and YouTube) - washed out and grey areas that should be black. I just thought they used a cheap oled panel to cut costs. Would be AWESOME if they can fix this. Otherwise I may give this away or return it, buy a S8+ instead.
do you have SD870 in tablet? china or eu/global version? I have report that SD870 8gb/128gb china version don't have this HDR bug...

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
Do anyone have the keyboard too? If the keyboard detached from the tablet, will it still work,

What I wish to achieve is to have the tablet lifted and hold on a holder which is higher perhaps on the eye level, then having the keyboard on the desk for typing.

If it won't work, then need to order a BT keyboard for this purpose.

Thank you.
Unfortunately only the P12 Pro's keyboard has the ability to function while detached from the tablet. I have the P11 Pro with keyboard case, and the moment the magnetic connection is lost it goes dead.

Reactions: ZhenMing

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...
- so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
- using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
- using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
- after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
- started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
- I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
- after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
- conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    In addition, my English is not very good, so I don't have the energy to do the tutorial. I put the pictures that I have successfully swiped in some Chinese computer flash ROM forum. As for why I don't share the CN ROM, it is because I can't use Google.
    Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
    NjBdtsd.jpg
    Hi,

Received mine Friday...it's a 8/256Go.
    Nearly everything is very good :
    - bright 2.5k AMOLED screen
    - sound
    - performances (far better than Pro Gen 1)
    - internal storage (average sequential read : 1.3Go/s)
    - microSD card reader (tested on a 256Go)
    - light weight

What is less good :
    - face unlock doesn't work in darkness
    - fingerprints marks on back
    - lack of audio jack

Nevertheless, I doubt you will get many custom ROM as it is :
    - probably not a best seller even if I think it's one of the best tablet...0 tests yet in media
    - it's Mediatek's based...devs used to dislike that (there are some exceptions : for exemple Redmi Note 8 Pro)
    - so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
    - using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
    - using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
    - after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
    - started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
    - I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
    - after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
    - conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
    I can't wait for my set. I ordered the 8/128 GB variant.
    From the internet research, the 8gb variant should come with extra features like 10bit color and SD870 SOC instead.

I could not confirm that until received. Anyone could confirm this?

I have now also ordered the European version of this variant here in Germany, it has arrived today. There was only one option available, which is the 256/8GB version with the Mediatek chipset and global ROM (including Play Store) already installed.

As I understand it, the global version of this tablet always comes with the Mediatek chipset, the QC SD870 is for other markets. This would also mean that the global ROM will only function on the Mediatek chipset and not on the Qualcomm.

I can also confirm, that there is support for HDR10 and even Dolby Vision.
    I've recently received my 6/128GB MTK Edition from giztop.
    Looks like the seller installed the Google Play Store. Unfortunately i reset the pad due to some misunderstandings with my Google Account and now i have no Playstore anymore.
    I've downloaded the current apk, but it doesn't work.
    Can someone tell me where i can get a working Version?
    I hope we can flash a global rom soon
    :love:
    same happened to me, just download play store app from lenovo app center or from apkpure, download google play services app and google services framework app, install, reboot ... done ... works like a charm (I actually did reboot after every install)