Question [TB132FU] Future Custom Rom support for new variant of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022

Search This thread

ZhenMing

- so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
- using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
- using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
- after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
- started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
- I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
- after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
- conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature

That was a very detailed test. Appreciate your effort to test and confirm.

The last slow charging at 11.6w was to fill the battery with the last juice to really full charging it, which needs another 20-25mins.

Meaning the overnight charging is good to go... Hurray!!!!

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
I'm finding this tablet particularly picky about which charging blocks it will accept. Out of five chargers from Samsung, Dell, HP, Anker, and the OEM Lenovo block, only the Lenovo block charges above a very slow "trickle" rate, with the Samsung charger flat-out not working at all, incurring a constant connect/disconnect cycle. Very frustrating as USB-C is robbed of much of its versatility at that point...

ZhenMing

I'm finding this tablet particularly picky about which charging blocks it will accept. Out of five chargers from Samsung, Dell, HP, Anker, and the OEM Lenovo block, only the Lenovo block charges above a very slow "trickle" rate, with the Samsung charger flat-out not working at all, incurring a constant connect/disconnect cycle. Very frustrating as USB-C is robbed of much of its versatility at that point...
Could it be because it need a PD charger? Some of the type C charger wasn't in that standard. I'm using the Asus phone charger which carries 35w rating. But I could not confirm that rapid charging after full charge happen on this Asus charger, cause I do not have the watt meter with me.

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
- so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
- using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
- using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
- after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
- started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
- I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
- after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
- conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
I think it's a bug...but not a small one.
Fast charging often works like that...
You've got full power up to 85/90% and then power decrease to protect the battery...
That's how it works on Warp Charge for exemple...last percents are far slower and température is hotter in the middle of the charge than at the end.

I think tablet isn't charged when it shows 100% but switched to slow charging...and need extra 20-25 minutes be fully charged.
100% shows the end of fast charge, when Power Unit Management switches to normal charge.
OS makes a confusion.

As I haven't tools, the only thing I can confirm yet is that temperature decreases when it reached 100%

ZhenMing

I managed to post the question in the Lenovo China Forum. The answer to the battery charging thing is normal. It will need about 30mins of additional charging time to really full charged the tablet.

Is it a bug or not, it will be depending on how you look at it.

Reactions: jeryll

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
Could it be because it need a PD charger? Some of the type C charger wasn't in that standard. I'm using the Asus phone charger which carries 35w rating. But I could not confirm that rapid charging after full charge happen on this Asus charger, cause I do not have the watt meter with me.
It's a good thought but yes, both the Samsung & Anker are certified PD 3.0 chargers. I have a pair of Sony noise-cancelling headphones which are also picky with the charge source they'll take; I guess this tablet is similar. I hope it's just my unit afflicted...

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhenMing

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
ty i'm thinking to take the tablet from giz top, its a very good deal
I have my from giztop,com, and thinking about returning it, because all MediaTek 1300T powered tablets (of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022) are currently suffering from broken HDR playback (this may, or may not be fixed in the future - you can't fix bad HW - reason for that bug is currently unknown)...
So - if you don't care about correct HDR playback, and you are from Europe and want it, contact me via PM, and we can talk - I have tablet cca 4-5 days ... it's a fantastic tablet otherwise, but my main reason for the purchase was watching HDR content on it - and I can't enjoy that, because its HDR playback is broken...
In any case - take SD870 version of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 - it's pricey, but HDR playback with it is reported OK

Last edited:

greenflash_24

Dec 24, 2018
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
I have my from giztop,com, and thinking about I return it, because all MediaTek 1300T powered tablets (of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022) are currently suffering from broken HDR playback (this may, or may not be fixed in the future - you can't fix bad HW - reason for that bug is currently unknown)...
I would think it is highly likely that this issue could be fixed via a firmware update.
In my latest testings, I have discovered that I can play HDR10 files just fine with MXPlayer (using HW decoder and not HW+ decoder in MXPlayer), currently, I do only have the HDR issue in YouTube. Also, the Youtube HDR issue is only in full screen, if I switch to Picture-in-Picture Mode HDR is also fine on YouTube. That's why I am thinking it has to be a software issue.

Reactions: Hanswurstistda

fippo7

Mar 23, 2015
I have my from giztop,com, and thinking about returning it, because all MediaTek 1300T powered tablets (of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022) are currently suffering from broken HDR playback (this may, or may not be fixed in the future - you can't fix bad HW - reason for that bug is currently unknown)...
So - if you don't care about correct HDR playback, and you are from Europe and want it, contact me via PM, and we can talk - I have tablet cca 4-5 days ... it's a fantastic tablet otherwise, but my main reason for the purchase was watching HDR content on it - and I can't enjoy that, because its HDR playback is broken...
In any case - take SD870 version of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 - it's pricier, but HDR playback with it is reported OK
in general imho hdr is useless in whatever device so not big deal for me(i mean for a decent hdr experience at least 1000$ monitor with proper calibration is needed and top quality panel) otherwise is just bull crap

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
in general imho hdr is useless in whatever device so not big deal for me(i mean for a decent hdr experience at least 1000$ monitor with proper calibration is needed and top quality panel) otherwise is just bull crap
If you don't care about HDR playback, then you'll definitely enjoy this tablet... But beware of few things - Chinese version of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 have only English/Chinese FW, Google Play Store is installed by the seller (so you'll not get sealed goods), if you do factory reset on tablet you'll lose Play Store and need to reinstall it by yourself, English translation of FW itself is sometimes very "interesting", so be prepared for that...

fippo7

Mar 23, 2015
If you don't care about HDR playback, then you'll definitely enjoy this tablet... But beware of few things - Chinese version of Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 have only English/Chinese FW, Google Play Store is installed by the seller (so you'll not get sealed goods), if you do factory reset on tablet you'll lose Play Store and need to reinstall it by yourself, English translation of FW itself is sometimes very "interesting", so be prepared for that...
hahha what you mean interesting? XD some miss translation?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
Well, they really tried very hard, It's really nothing serious, but sometimes you'll need to guess what are the translator wanting to tell by that phrase ...

Reactions: fippo7

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
I would think it is highly likely that this issue could be fixed via a firmware update.
In my latest testings, I have discovered that I can play HDR10 files just fine with MXPlayer (using HW decoder and not HW+ decoder in MXPlayer), currently, I do only have the HDR issue in YouTube. Also, the Youtube HDR issue is only in full screen, if I switch to Picture-in-Picture Mode HDR is also fine on YouTube. That's why I am thinking it has to be a software issue.
Let's hope you are right, and this device will not be abandoned from the Lenovo devs from the start ... I really do hope that this edition/"first batch" of the Lenovo XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022 with MediaTek 1300T SOC was not a sale of faulty hardware they had to get rid of to clear warehouses...

Reactions: 0Newbie0 and fippo7
Sep 26, 2022
Has anyone discovered a setting for the creation of user accounts at the xiaoxin? Does the P11 has these option?
I've bought it for the whole family but i need to disable some apps for the children and family link didn't work properly:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    lethargy123 cannot be trusted.
    Currently, 1300 Tver roms are not published anywhere.
    I think you are wrong about Lenovo knowledge base.
    And you can't update with P11 Pro Gen 2 roms. It will not boot.

I think we'll have more information soon on what the global ROM version sold on AliExpress looks like, so it's better to wait until then.
    In addition, my English is not very good, so I don't have the energy to do the tutorial. I put the pictures that I have successfully swiped in some Chinese computer flash ROM forum. As for why I don't share the CN ROM, it is because I can't use Google.
    Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
    NjBdtsd.jpg
    Hi,

Received mine Friday...it's a 8/256Go.
    Nearly everything is very good :
    - bright 2.5k AMOLED screen
    - sound
    - performances (far better than Pro Gen 1)
    - internal storage (average sequential read : 1.3Go/s)
    - microSD card reader (tested on a 256Go)
    - light weight

What is less good :
    - face unlock doesn't work in darkness
    - fingerprints marks on back
    - lack of audio jack

Nevertheless, I doubt you will get many custom ROM as it is :
    - probably not a best seller even if I think it's one of the best tablet...0 tests yet in media
    - it's Mediatek's based...devs used to dislike that (there are some exceptions : for exemple Redmi Note 8 Pro)
    you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...
    - conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
    I can't wait for my set. I ordered the 8/128 GB variant.
    From the internet research, the 8gb variant should come with extra features like 10bit color and SD870 SOC instead.

I could not confirm that until received. Anyone could confirm this?

I have now also ordered the European version of this variant here in Germany, it has arrived today. There was only one option available, which is the 256/8GB version with the Mediatek chipset and global ROM (including Play Store) already installed.

As I understand it, the global version of this tablet always comes with the Mediatek chipset, the QC SD870 is for other markets. This would also mean that the global ROM will only function on the Mediatek chipset and not on the Qualcomm.

I can also confirm, that there is support for HDR10 and even Dolby Vision.
    I've recently received my 6/128GB MTK Edition from giztop.
    Looks like the seller installed the Google Play Store. Unfortunately i reset the pad due to some misunderstandings with my Google Account and now i have no Playstore anymore.
    I've downloaded the current apk, but it doesn't work.
    Can someone tell me where i can get a working Version?
    I hope we can flash a global rom soon
    :love:
    same happened to me, just download play store app from lenovo app center or from apkpure, download google play services app and google services framework app, install, reboot ... done ... works like a charm (I actually did reboot after every install)