Question [TB132FU] Future Custom Rom support for new variant of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022

Search This thread

longxa762

Sep 26, 2017

小新Pad Pro 2022 迅鲲版 | ZUI 14.0.630 OTA1
灰度测试开始啦
时间如下:
10月13日,早11点起限量推送;
10月14日-10月16日,早10点起限量推送;
本次升级优化了部分三方充电器充电问题
修复偶现应用横屏场景下无法上划的问题
更多信息,详见更新海报

希望优先体验的小伙伴可以按以上时间升级哦
我们也会尽快为各位带来正式版的更新!

According to the official Weibo post I think you can update from 14-16 Oct starting at 10am CN Time for a limited quantity? Someone should try and see if HDR is fixed

ZhenMing

Google translate :) OTA update ZUI 14.0.630

Code:
- Optimized system stability
- Optimized HDR display effect
- Optimized some third-party charger charging problems
- Fixed some third-party application horizontal screen adaptation problems

- Fixed the problem that more than 60% of the battery was not charged after the battery saver mode was turned off
- Fixed the problem that the JD.com app could not be exited by swiping right
- Fixed the problem that occasionally the application could not swipe up in the horizontal screen scene, and the vertical screen can only exit
- Fixed the problem that the other party's view screen rotates 90 degrees in a specific scene during a WeChat video call
- Fixed the Classin software when entering the classroom or study room in horizontal screen
- Fixed the problem of not being displayed in full screen when Uncle Kai told the story half of the page stayed on the desktop and did not disappear until the parallel window was closed

- lets hope that "Optimized HDR playback display effect" means in reality FIXED HDR playback
Oct 17 onwards will be publicly push for update.
00677QGply1h789gx0djlj30u02hub29.jpg

longxa762

Sep 26, 2017
Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
NjBdtsd.jpg

Last edited:

longxa762

Sep 26, 2017

thegenius1104

Jun 5, 2020
Can anyone confirm if this tablet has the same grey uniformity problem as the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021?
Context: The grey background looks dirty with patches when using with low brightness.
FXpjbAD.jpg

thegenius1104

Jun 5, 2020
Here is another pic of the uniformity problem from the 2021 ver:
H85Wy4U.jpg

The black is good but the grey is dirty. This appears in dark mode and brightness <30% but won't appear in black AMOLED mode.

ZhenMing

Here is another pic of the uniformity problem from the 2021 ver:
H85Wy4U.jpg

The black is good but the grey is dirty. This appears in dark mode and brightness <30% but won't appear in black AMOLED mode.
You are not alone. The following will be mine.
PXL_20220922_225627365.jpg

Of cause this is only happen when you are in extreme darkness and lowest brightness of the screen.

thegenius1104

Jun 5, 2020
You are not alone. The following will be mine.
View attachment 5738487
Of cause this is only happen when you are in extreme darkness and lowest brightness of the screen.
That sucks then as I often watch movies at night in a dark bedroom. But if you don't use it with low brightness then it's the best value tablet for Android and emulation. I kinda hoped the 2022 one will come with a Dimensity 8100/9000 chipset but I guess we have to wait more.

Reactions: 0Newbie0

ZhenMing

It is better when DC backlight OFF. but the red patch is still pretty visible. It affects video viewing and anything that is dark, will have that red patch.
I posted this question with screenshot to the Lenovo Chinese Forum. They suggest to send in for checking. Too bad it is too far for me to send to China to do the inspection and test.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
I posted this question with screenshot to the Lenovo Chinese Forum. They suggest to send in for checking. Too bad it is too far for me to send to China to do the inspection and test.
Don't you have warranty on your device? Take it (or send the photos of the screen along with comments from Lenovo) to the seller and ask for a replacement.

I just hope the people from giztop.com will send me SD870 version with better screen with no such faults...

ZhenMing

Don't you have warranty on your device? Take it (or send the photos of the screen along with comments from Lenovo) to the seller and ask for a replacement.

I just hope the people from giztop.com will send me SD870 version with better screen with no such faults...

If there are more reported here. I think the request to get a replacement will not help much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
    NjBdtsd.jpg
    Hi,

Received mine Friday...it's a 8/256Go.
    Nearly everything is very good :
    - bright 2.5k AMOLED screen
    - sound
    - performances (far better than Pro Gen 1)
    - internal storage (average sequential read : 1.3Go/s)
    - microSD card reader (tested on a 256Go)
    - light weight

What is less good :
    - face unlock doesn't work in darkness
    - fingerprints marks on back
    - lack of audio jack

Nevertheless, I doubt you will get many custom ROM as it is :
    - probably not a best seller even if I think it's one of the best tablet...0 tests yet in media
    - it's Mediatek's based...devs used to dislike that (there are some exceptions : for exemple Redmi Note 8 Pro)
    That Global rom is a fake custom rom so you can't get any OTA, you can check the other thread but so far I don't think anyone have any success in going back to CN rom or flashing a real Global one yet
    Our colleague @Fatperman actually had success in restoring from fake global to ZUI 14 and should be updating us in the next few days! 🙏
    you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...
    - so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
    - using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
    - using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
    - after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
    - started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
    - I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
    - after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
    - conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
    I can't wait for my set. I ordered the 8/128 GB variant.
    From the internet research, the 8gb variant should come with extra features like 10bit color and SD870 SOC instead.

I could not confirm that until received. Anyone could confirm this?

I have now also ordered the European version of this variant here in Germany, it has arrived today. There was only one option available, which is the 256/8GB version with the Mediatek chipset and global ROM (including Play Store) already installed.

As I understand it, the global version of this tablet always comes with the Mediatek chipset, the QC SD870 is for other markets. This would also mean that the global ROM will only function on the Mediatek chipset and not on the Qualcomm.

I can also confirm, that there is support for HDR10 and even Dolby Vision.