Question [TB132FU] Future Custom Rom support for new variant of Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022

Search This thread

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
Has anyone discovered a setting for the creation of user accounts at the xiaoxin? Does the P11 has these option?
I've bought it for the whole family but i need to disable some apps for the children and family link didn't work properly:(
if you have Chinese version try to use "Study assistant" and limit usage in a way there ... or use apps from Play store, there are multiple options there... Lenovo ZUI 14 can't add multiple users (yet?)... If you have EU model, go to system, multiple users, add guest... etc.

Sep 26, 2022
if you have Chinese version try to use "Study assistant" and limit usage in a way there ... or use apps from Play store, there are multiple options there... Lenovo ZUI 14 can't add multiple users (yet?)... If you have EU model, go to system, multiple users, add guest... etc.
OK, looks like i'll have to wait till we can flash the xiaoxin to the P11.
The additional apps doesn't sound that good to me.
There is the option to create a personal "space" and lock some apps. Maybe i'll give this a try.
But thanks for your reply

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
Anyone with Chinese Mediatek version have PC Mode available? Instead I just have Study Assistant which, while useful, doesn't fulfill the same functionality. PC Mode was a big reason why I bought this tablet...

Last edited:

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
Anyone with Chinese Mediatek version have PC Mode available? Instead I just have Study Assistant which, while useful, doesn't fulfill the same functionality. PC Mode was a big reason why I bought this tablet...
this? app is there, but I have no clue how to activate it... there is something called Lenovo One, which might be what you looking for ... sorry no time to play with it today...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-183938.png
    Screenshot_20221003-183938.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_20221003-184638.png
    Screenshot_20221003-184638.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 253

Creater_ua

Oct 5, 2022
There are two options on AliExpress when buying the Chinese version of the tablet (1300T 6/128). They flash to the global version or leave a sealed box with Chinese firmware. At first they said that the OTA update will not work in that global version, but now they say that it will, believe them that it is a real global firmware, or is it a crooked modification and it is better to take the original Chinese one? Advise me

Sep 26, 2022
There are two options on AliExpress when buying the Chinese version of the tablet (1300T 6/128). They flash to the global version or leave a sealed box with Chinese firmware. At first they said that the OTA update will not work in that global version, but now they say that it will, believe them that it is a real global firmware, or is it a crooked modification and it is better to take the original Chinese one? Advise me
Looks like they found a way to install the P11 Rom.

Attachments

• -1088252881-1863998775.jpg
    -1088252881-1863998775.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 375

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
this? app is there, but I have no clue how to activate it... there is something called Lenovo One, which might be what you looking for ... sorry no time to play with it today...
Yes, PC Mode desktop. I do not have this app on my unit, which is very strange. You should be able to enable it from the menu and also from notification bar - it reorganizes the launcher to be more akin to a Linux or Windows desktop, similar to Samsung Dex. Lenovo One is a separate program which is also useful but unrelated. Thank you for checking.

Last edited:

Creater_ua

Oct 5, 2022
Sorry, no Idea. I've just found the mentioned offer at AliExpress and the picture of the settings.
Maybe someone is interested in contacting the seller?
I have already contacted sellers on AliExpress, and judging by their responses, they are not to be trusted. The one who is simply engaged in trade writes, not the one who flashes these tablets. Perhaps it is better to take a pure Chinese, there is an English language and the ability to install Google Play yourself. However, some people believe that there is some kind of censorship and restrictions on use

fippo7

Mar 23, 2015
I have already contacted sellers on AliExpress, and judging by their responses, they are not to be trusted. The one who is simply engaged in trade writes, not the one who flashes these tablets. Perhaps it is better to take a pure Chinese, there is an English language and the ability to install Google Play yourself. However, some people believe that there is some kind of censorship and restrictions on use
moreover it would be interesting to know where they pick the fw and if they use same method used for the previous Pro pad, just for curiosity

daybreak7456

Sep 15, 2022
Lenovo P11
I have seen aliexpress. There were several shops describing the xiaoxin pad pro 2022 as a global ROM. I asked two questions to the shops and only got one answer. I don't know if I can trust them.
But if I want to revive my xiaoxin pad pro 2022 that has become unbootable, is it possible to buy this globalised ROM, suck out the ROM somehow and apply it? I am not familiar with the mediatek tool. (USB debugging and OEM lock are not turned on, so it's hopeless...)

And does the aliexpress vendor buy the information and tools to be able to convert to global roms from somewhere? Does anyone have any information to share?

ZhenMing

Yes, PC Mode desktop. I do not have this app on my unit, which is very strange. You should be able to enable it from the menu and also from notification bar - it reorganizes the launcher to be more akin to a Linux or Windows desktop, similar to Samsung Dex. Lenovo One is a separate program which is also useful but unrelated. Thank you for checking.
If you are in China ROM, the ZUI 14 had officially removed the PC Mode from itself. The PC mode will only displaced on external display through Type C output. During the, the internal display will still be normal mode.

empty.cad

Jun 9, 2014
Xiaomi 13
Red Magic 8 pro
did Your device unlocked bootloader ?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
View attachment 5734137

Anyone lucky enough to get the test OTA update can confirm this fixed the HDR issue?
Google translate :) OTA update ZUI 14.0.630

Code:
- Optimized system stability
- Optimized HDR display effect
- Optimized some third-party charger charging problems
- Fixed some third-party application horizontal screen adaptation problems

- Fixed the problem that more than 60% of the battery was not charged after the battery saver mode was turned off
- Fixed the problem that the JD.com app could not be exited by swiping right
- Fixed the problem that occasionally the application could not swipe up in the horizontal screen scene, and the vertical screen can only exit
- Fixed the problem that the other party's view screen rotates 90 degrees in a specific scene during a WeChat video call
- Fixed the Classin software when entering the classroom or study room in horizontal screen
- Fixed the problem of not being displayed in full screen when Uncle Kai told the story half of the page stayed on the desktop and did not disappear until the parallel window was closed

- lets hope that "Optimized HDR playback display effect" means in reality FIXED HDR playback

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I'm asking for help because I can't reset my tablet. I have a Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 (TB132FU) the screen broke and I can't get anything on the screen, I need to send it to service but I want to delete everything I have there first.
    The problem is that the screen doesn't show an image, it's black; I've already tried a USB-C to HDMI cable and I can see image on TV but as the touch screen doesn't work I can't unlock it or do anything.
    I've already tried connecting via USB to the computer but I can't access it. I've already tried turning off and starting up by pressing the vol + - buttons simultaneously to go to recovery but unfortunately the recovery doesn't appear on the HDMI only the unlock screen after restarting the tablet :-(
    Is there any other way to be able to delete everything in the tablet's storage? Any way to connect it with the computer or some software? Thank you for your help.
    I think you can use Lenovo RSA tool to reset the tablet.
    Got the OTA ZUI 14.0.630 update (Have to VPN to CN then turn if off once download start), can confirm that HDR is fixed. True Black is properly show now and no more Grey. Tested with multiple players and Youtube.

Edit: Before and after OTA

Xs7mSgk.jpg
    NjBdtsd.jpg
    Hi,

Received mine Friday...it's a 8/256Go.
    Nearly everything is very good :
    - bright 2.5k AMOLED screen
    - sound
    - performances (far better than Pro Gen 1)
    - internal storage (average sequential read : 1.3Go/s)
    - microSD card reader (tested on a 256Go)
    - light weight

What is less good :
    - face unlock doesn't work in darkness
    - fingerprints marks on back
    - lack of audio jack

Nevertheless, I doubt you will get many custom ROM as it is :
    - probably not a best seller even if I think it's one of the best tablet...0 tests yet in media
    - it's Mediatek's based...devs used to dislike that (there are some exceptions : for exemple Redmi Note 8 Pro)
    That Global rom is a fake custom rom so you can't get any OTA, you can check the other thread but so far I don't think anyone have any success in going back to CN rom or flashing a real Global one yet
    Our colleague @Fatperman actually had success in restoring from fake global to ZUI 14 and should be updating us in the next few days! 🙏
    you need to check it with HW wattmeter, I have and will check later today and post results...
    - so, I did a few tests with battery charging on china TB132FU Mediatek 1300T model
    - using unoriginal (not Lenovo) QC 3.0 certified charger (which is widely accepted by my other devices and charges them as quickly as possible) tablet ignore QC mode which results in normal - slow charging - taking around 5W
    - using original included Lenovo charger tablet recognized charger (using unoriginal USB-C to USB-C cable) and enabled turbo charging - this time tablet takes 32W
    - after tablet reached 100% shows "charged" and the consumption decreased from 32W to 11.6W - I checked back of the tablet with bare hand and found one place mildly warmer than the rest
    - started the stopwatch and was willing to wait 1 hour before disconnecting the tablet from the charger...
    - I checked warmer place on the back of the tablet twice during 15 minutes and it was evidently cooling down - while charger still shows 11.6W consumption...
    - after 20-25 minutes consumption drops to 0W (when I waked the screen wattmeter showed 2.6W consumption and after I switched screen off with power button consumption dropped to 0W again - while plugged to charger)
    - conclusion from my point of view - this is not a bug, it's a feature...
    I can't wait for my set. I ordered the 8/128 GB variant.
    From the internet research, the 8gb variant should come with extra features like 10bit color and SD870 SOC instead.

I could not confirm that until received. Anyone could confirm this?

I have now also ordered the European version of this variant here in Germany, it has arrived today. There was only one option available, which is the 256/8GB version with the Mediatek chipset and global ROM (including Play Store) already installed.

As I understand it, the global version of this tablet always comes with the Mediatek chipset, the QC SD870 is for other markets. This would also mean that the global ROM will only function on the Mediatek chipset and not on the Qualcomm.

I can also confirm, that there is support for HDR10 and even Dolby Vision.