Question [TB138FC-SD870] XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022 Sharing and support

Search This thread

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
Hello! Which case and screen protector are suitable for our tablet?
It's a very new device so there aren't many 3rd party cases available yet, but more will come with time. I have the Lenovo keyboard case and the quality is decent, especially considering the price in comparison to other brand's keyboard cases. For screen protector, Lenovo offers an official one which is of very high quality - I recommend it.

GoliathSpb

Apr 30, 2015
Thanks for the answers. I ordered a case from aliexpress from 3 3rd party. The original case magnetic. I didn't buy it.

Which adb drive is right for us?

OsPlex44

Oct 8, 2022
Dears
Unfortunately, the screen of my tablet it's broken.
I'm looking forward to a replacement & fixing it.
Did you know where I can get it online?

ZhenMing

Dears
Unfortunately, the screen of my tablet it's broken.
I'm looking forward to a replacement & fixing it.
Did you know where I can get it online?
That's a sad news. What could had happen to your tablet?

It is rather new and it will be hard to find spare parts. Some more our set is the China set, it will be even harder to get. Unless you could source the XiaoXin P11 2nd gen spare part locally. Cause the XiaoXin P11 2nd gen is for international market.

Darrek

Nov 16, 2022
It did work with the following steps:
  1. Install Google Playstore apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
  2. Install Google Play Services apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
  3. Install Google Services Framework 12 apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
  4. Turn on the Google Basic Services:
    Settings -> Apps management -> 3 dots on the top right -> Google Basic Services
View attachment 5734087

Voila! it work like a charm.
Hi bro, this solution don't work for me :/, when i try to install google play services, says "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package."

I have the same model Lenovo XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022 TB138FC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116-101747.png
    Screenshot_20221116-101747.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20221116-101802.png
    Screenshot_20221116-101802.png
    53 KB · Views: 127

Darrek

Nov 16, 2022
Hi bro, this solution don't work for me :/, when i try to install google play services, says "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package."

EDIT: I can solve it doing factory reset, and install only the playstore, google services and framework. Before i install maps, gmail, etc, and make conflicts with Google Services by default.

Reactions: evertonmdz

Darrek

Nov 16, 2022
Hi guys, i wanted to ask you if you know which pen is compatible with this model. I bought the Precision Pen 2 but I can't pair it with this tablet, when i go to "Advance features" -> "Lenovo Pen", put it behind the tab, try to charge pen but nothing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-033403.png
    Screenshot_20221117-033403.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 66

mafury

Jun 14, 2013

you dont need play services but yes framework and playstore, just delete all user data from services before activate services and login

ZhenMing

Hi guys, i wanted to ask you if you know which pen is compatible with this model. I bought the Precision Pen 2 but I can't pair it with this tablet, when i go to "Advance features" -> "Lenovo Pen", put it behind the tab, try to charge pen but nothing happens.
Only Precision Pen 3 will work on our tablet. I almost bought Pen 2 too,until the seller pointed it out...

Reactions: johnnytraveler

evertonmdz

Oct 17, 2012
Maringa
Last edited:

ZhenMing

Thanks for trying to help, but to no avail, I tried it on like 3 different vpn, it seems it really doesn't want to find the update on my tablet, is yours snapdragon 870 too? Does anyone know if there's this Ota somewhere to download?
Edit: I got it with this tutorial https://xdaforums.com/t/upgrade-lenovo-xiaoxin-p11-pro-2021-to-zui-14-via-ota-tb-j716f.4522129/
As I remembered, during my OOBE time, the tab just detected 2 time OTA update. This land me to the current FW ver. And I did not use VPN for the OTA too. Maybe it was due to I'm located in Asia? I could not answered that.

However many of us having various problem, but after done a factory reset, it seems to fix them. May be you want to try that?

Good Man1

Dec 5, 2022
  1. Install Google Playstore apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
  2. Install Google Play Services apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
  3. Install Google Services Framework 12 apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
View attachment 5734087

Do the actions correct the global ROM?
Because I need my tablet to support Hebrew.
Besides, I didn't find Google Services Framework 12 APK in Arm64-V8A architecture.
Thank you so much for your help!

Good Man1

Dec 5, 2022
Unfortunately, according to the ZUI 14 update, it had abandone the PC Mode within the internal display. It will only appear on the external display that you connect through the Type C. But, during then, your internal screen will still not in PC mode. I was requested feedback to Lenovo on this and request to have that feature back. You should do the same...
Which ZUI does have the PC mode in ZUI 13 or maybe in ZUI 12?

Top Liked Posts

Is there any guide that I can follow to successfully ROOT ZUI 14/ZUI 15 with China ROM (TB138FC)

I'm confused on which to follow. Thank you
    Thanks for the write up. If just got my TB138FC from Ali with the global rom and unlocked bootloader. What is the benefit of installing the official China ROM over the Global one?
    Two major benefits: (1) system updates (both functional and security), which you don't have on the unofficial global rom (2) widevine L1, which allows you to stream HD/ QHD content in streaming apps such as Netflix. If you don't mind both, you can skip meddling with the device.
    Is there any guide that I can follow to successfully ROOT ZUI 14/ZUI 15 with China ROM (TB138FC)

I'm confused on which to follow. Thank you
    I'm starting this thread to share among the owners who having and using this variant of the new XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022. This will contain on usage and support too.

Screenshot_20220927-122434.png

Working:

• ZUI PC mode

• ZUI 14 the latest OTA will oly support the PC Mode.
    • ZUI 15 is fully support with better stability. The running apps will not quit when switching modes.

Not working:

• Google Device Config Backup to GDrive

Even you had enabled the Google Play services, and it works on almost everything, except this. It just don't backup the device config to GDrive.
    • ZUI 15: Not all apps working when moving from internal display to external display. It will quit and run again during switching. But the system will gives you the warning.

Unbrick tutorial:​

📢📣Be cautious! We hold no responsibility of any problem you face when you gone through the following tutorial.
    1. Unlock your tablet BL. (This step is a MUST. Else you will brick your tablet. This for sure will void your warranty too)
    2. Download either one of the firmware from the link below:
    3. Follow the instruction here.
    Special thanks to Mooms and BlackVictor sharing the firmware download links, and ataman76 who tried the tutorial above and confirm the right method for applying the firmware.

Knowledge Bases/Helpful Tips:​

Special Features:​

Instructions for getting root TB138FC runing ZUI 14

Read carefully:​

All actions below are at your own risk. I did this and above posted Magisk patched boot.img for firmware 14.0.820.​

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER:
    * This will delete all you data

Step 1: Go to SETTINGS Menu and click multiple times on your ZUI version. This will give you Developer access.
    Step 2: Go General Settings menu > Developer options
    Step 3: Click to enable OEM unlocking, also enable debugging mode.
    Step 4: Download platform-tools_r34.0.1-windows to your computer, you may also need usb_driver_r13-windows, unpack everything in a convenient place for you
    Step 5: Go to the platform-tools folder and run the command prompt by writing CMD in the folder header and press Enter
    Step 6: Connect your USB cable and run the following command:
    adb reboot bootloader

Step 7: Run the following command:
    fastboot flashing unlock

On your tablet Click volume UP to unlock your bootloader
    Wait for the confirmation on the tablet screen

Step 8: Run command:

GETTING ROOT ACCESS:
    Put your Qualcomm device in 9008 mode
    * You may need a qualcomm usb driver for 9008 mode to work properly

Step 1: Turn off the power, then hold Volume UP and insert the USB cable connected to the PC into the tablet
    Step 2: Use the EMMCDL_GUI tool to dump partitions boot_a and boot_b

In the program, select the brand Lenovo, model TB-J716F and download the file 29-11-2022_19-32-13_prog_firehose_ddr.elf
    Then you need to select the physical partition number 4, select the UFS memory type, and click get GPT partition table
    In the list, select the boot_a and boot_b sections and click read from device in the context menu
    The resulting partition dumps will be located at \EMMCDL_GUI_1.5\Temp
    Disconnect the tablet from the PC, hold volume DOWN and power button for ~10 seconds until you feel the vibration

Step 3: When the tablet boots into the system, enable USB debugging via ADB in the developer settings

Go to the folder with platform tools and start the command line by writing CMD in the folder header

Enter the command to determine the effective slot:
    adb shell getprop | grep slot
    If you see ro.boot.slot_suffix=_b, then the system is running on slot b. If ro.boot.slot_suffix=_a then slot a
    Install the latest version of MAGISK manager app on your tablet
    Copy the current boot_*.bin to your tablet (Instead of an * , select your version received by the grep slot command)
    Open MAGISK and click Select and patch a file. Find the boot_*.bin you copied and patch this file. Wait for the process to be completed
    Copy Magisk patched boot from the Download folder on your device to the platform-tools folder on your PC, then rename it to boot.img

In the command line window on the computer, enter the command:
    adb reboot bootloader

When the tablet boots into fastboot mode, enter the command:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Wait for it to complete then:
    Done, your tablet is now rooted
    Instructions for getting root TB138FC runing ZUI 14

Read carefully:​

All actions below are at your own risk. I did this and above posted Magisk patched boot.img for firmware 14.0.820.​

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER:
    * This will delete all you data

[ . . . ]

Wait for it to complete then:

Done, your tablet is now rooted

Awesome guide @BlackVictor , I rewrote it on Rentry to make it a little more clear and better visuals.

PM me if you need to edit :)
    Translate to English, it is the best tutorial **snip**
    Thanks a lot for tutorial link, worked for may tablet. Same like you I have pad pro 2022 sd870 with unlocked bootloader and fake global ROM.

In the beginning i can't flash TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 1 (1fichier) in the 1st post, i got error messages (download fail:sahara fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail) same like @digbys
    the qualcomm driver error got fixed after i did a windows update on drivers. seems the drivers on the linked page are rather old and windows update had newer ones. but still cant flash firmware. got json & sahara fails on flash. i got the latest qpst - again the ones on the linked page are old. doing this on win11. maybe i should try win10. any ideas?

Then i tried to flash TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 3 (Mega) in the 1st post and it worked.

There is a video on youtube just to ilustrate the process like tutorial from 4pda (WARNING: you have to use TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 3 (Mega) in the 1st post of this thread, unlocked bootloader, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in delevoper options. Do it with you own risk)
    Good Day !
    Are we have any chance to active google account in this tablet ? or any international ROM to solve this issue ?
    Screenshot_20221014-112129.png