Question [TB138FC-SD870] XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022 Sharing and support

Search This thread

euphoriaaaa

Dec 16, 2022
Hi all :)

I have received this tablet and encountering display tearing, it's like the display is "cut" in half,
and the updates are delayed between the two halves, if that makes any sense...

Do you think this is a software / firmware problem, or is it an obvious hardware problem?

It's just that I'm not sure whether or not this was happening when I originally received the tablet (which firmware was 2 versions prior to the latest one), or since I have updated it to the latest OTA firmware. (14.0.625)

I tried to reset the tablet and that didn't help, I thought maybe reflashing the firmware if that's a software problem...?

Thanks for any advice!
I feel this might be hardware defect.

ZhenMing

I think it appears in those links that it is supported from Android 10.
Screenshot_20221221-184827.png

As it said...

ZhenMing

Hi all :)

I have received this tablet and encountering display tearing, it's like the display is "cut" in half,
and the updates are delayed between the two halves, if that makes any sense...

Do you think this is a software / firmware problem, or is it an obvious hardware problem?

It's just that I'm not sure whether or not this was happening when I originally received the tablet (which firmware was 2 versions prior to the latest one), or since I have updated it to the latest OTA firmware. (14.0.625)

I tried to reset the tablet and that didn't help, I thought maybe reflashing the firmware if that's a software problem...?

Thanks for any advice!
This looked like a HW problem. Possible to do Reset Default to see if you had the same problem?

MiOBi

Sep 5, 2015
This looked like a HW problem. Possible to do Reset Default to see if you had the same problem?
Yes, I did perform a Factory Reset but that did not change anything.

However, having said that, I somewhat remember that during the hours before I performed the firmware upgrade,
the display was showing fine and properly, and after the firmware update it started to behave like that...

This is why I wanted to make sure by reinstalling the firmware or going back to an older one,
but as I understand, that is not possible with our version of the tablet for we haven't the original ROM?

Is it not possible to install the Chinese version for Mediatek?

ZhenMing

Yes, I did perform a Factory Reset but that did not change anything.

However, having said that, I somewhat remember that during the hours before I performed the firmware upgrade,
the display was showing fine and properly, and after the firmware update it started to behave like that...

This is why I wanted to make sure by reinstalling the firmware or going back to an older one,
but as I understand, that is not possible with our version of the tablet for we haven't the original ROM?

Is it not possible to install the Chinese version for Mediatek?

I don't think the Mediatek 1300T ROM would support on our tablet. And not adviceable to try flashing that too.

Let's search from the internet for the OTA firmware download.

Reactions: johnnytraveler

euphoriaaaa

Dec 16, 2022
Has anyone found a way to manually set the screen refresh rate to 90hz or 120hz?

This is because with the 120hz selected from Settings, it seems that lenovo has programmed it to turn on some dynamic effect at the same time, which creates a greenish hue, destroying the blacks in movies.

euphoriaa

Feb 15, 2020
The tinting also differs between 60Hz and 120Hz. Green tint on 120Hz 25% brightness.
Have you found a solution to the green tint issue?

The only way to not have the green tint aka crushed black with video or movies is to switch to 60hz.

But we lose the smooth scrolling the 120hz gives!

I am now exploring if there is any chance to manually enable 120hz instead of turning it on from the setting. This is because from the settings, it does mention that 120hz turns on certain 'dynamic effect', which I believe is a certain backlight that causes the green hue.

So far I have tried the 'SetEdit' app and manually changed the refresh rate value to say 90hz but to no avail.

tonychua

Aug 11, 2011
Have you found a solution to the green tint issue?

The only way to not have the green tint aka crushed black with video or movies is to switch to 60hz.

But we lose the smooth scrolling the 120hz gives!

I am now exploring if there is any chance to manually enable 120hz instead of turning it on from the setting. This is because from the settings, it does mention that 120hz turns on certain 'dynamic effect', which I believe is a certain backlight that causes the green hue.

So far I have tried the 'SetEdit' app and manually changed the refresh rate value to say 90hz but to no avail.
I have not found a solution. I am always at 60Hz with at least 50% brightness for the tinting to be unnoticable. This also works at 120Hz.

Reactions: euphoriaa

inasense

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks again! It seems that the European and Chinese 5GHz wifi chanells are complementary, opposite of each others. A Chinese ROM can work well with a wifi router (and its 5GHz chanells) set up for USA region. (I tested and my tablet recognise and work through WIFI 6 protocoll with a router set up for USA.)
Unfortunately my Telekom router is set for European region and can not be changed/modified.
That is a very useful link - thank you for sharing. I had the same issue but being in the US with a modem which allows channel switching I was able to remedy it by manually setting the channel within the China range. Shame about public wifi, though...

euphoriaa

Feb 15, 2020
Not sure if app like the PWMfree will fix the green tint issue.

mitochondria72

Jan 1, 2023
Does legion assist wide vision work? Playing LOL WILD RIFT on my Lenovo Xiaoxin pad pro 2022(MTK KOMPANIO ver 14.0.691) and it doesn't work.
Screenshot_20230101-231523.png

itsLevis

Jan 4, 2023
New TB138FC user here with Chinese ROM. Is it possible to set up multipe users in this nice tablet?

Androidiminlove

Jan 6, 2023

Keep using my Samsung Tab S6 or change to Lenovo Y700 or Lenovo Pad Pro 2022 instead? (long post, sorry)​

Would it be better to keep my Samsung Tab S6 (6GB RAM, SD855) or change to the Lenovo Y700 (12GB Ram, SD870) or the Lenovo Pad Pro 2022 Snapdragon version with 8GB?

The most important thing to note is that I DO NOT plan to use the tablet ONLY for emulation and video games. I recently learned how far emulators have come.. and that it's now possible to emulate PS2, Wii/Gamecube, and even some Switch games with a strong enough processor. I think it would be fun in the near future to play some games from these systems on my tablet. I tested it on the S6 Tab and some games run.. but there is some stutter. Not sure how much things would improve if I go for one of the Lenovo tablets mentioned?

However, 50% of the time I use my tablet for watching YouTube Premium.. and I also use my tablet while traveling or taking long flights.

The Tab S6 is a good, light tablet.. but the RAM is pretty slow (by 2023 standards) and the processor could be better.. I've read the SD870 is about 30% better in terms of playing games and emulation, etc.

If you were me would you keep the Samsung Tab S6 or would you switch to the Lenovo Y700 (I'm eyeing the 12GB model) or the Lenovo Pad Pro 2022 Snapdragon version with 8GB?

I don't have any way of testing the Lenovo tablets before deciding.. so I'm having some trouble making a final decision whether to go through the purchase of one of the Lenovo tablets or just stick with what I've got. I'd love some thoughts on this please.

Other things to share.. I'm sad the Y700 doesn't have built in GPS.. as I use this a lot especially when flying.. like for example, checking location on map.. or traveling outdoors when offline. I would be a bit sad I think not to have GPS.. but perhaps I don't need it 90% of the time so that's ok? I also just realized that the Y700 also doesn't have a fingerprint reader. So how do people log into their Y700 quickly and easily without a fingerprint reader? I do think it would be cool to have a powerful tablet the size of a book.. but I worry about these two missing things.

I read on the XDA forums recently how the screen of the Lenovo Pad Pro 2022 has some weird green hue that mutes blacks when it's set to 120hrz.. is that right? If so that would almost destroy the point of choosing that tablet (for the OLED screen).
Any other recommendations are welcome! I'm in Singapore (as a tourist) so I have pretty easy access to buying the Chinese versions of the Lenovo tabs.. the Y700 here cost about $350 USD and the Pad Pro 2022 8GB costs around $380 USD.

thank you!

Marcip@n

Dec 18, 2022
Hello! Can anybody check (probably on Chinese sites) the Android Upgrade Matrix for TB138FC tablet? This website/list does not contain any information about it. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501098-android-upgrade-matrix

Did anybody manage to install antivirus or any Launcher app on TB138FC tablet? (As I understand with the API controll and accessibility setup could be some issue on Android 12 and I'm hoping it will be solved in Android 13.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm starting this thread to share among the owners who having and using this variant of the new XiaoXin Pad Pro 2022. This will contain on usage and support too.

Screenshot_20220927-122434.png

Working:

• ZUI PC mode

• ZUI 14 the latest OTA will oly support the PC Mode.
    • ZUI 15 is fully support with better stability. The running apps will not quit when switching modes.

Not working:

• Google Device Config Backup to GDrive

Even you had enabled the Google Play services, and it works on almost everything, except this. It just don't backup the device config to GDrive.
    • ZUI 15: Not all apps working when moving from internal display to external display. It will quit and run again during switching. But the system will gives you the warning.

Unbrick tutorial:​

📢📣Be cautious! We hold no responsibility of any problem you face when you gone through the following tutorial.
    1. Unlock your tablet BL. (This step is a MUST. Else you will brick your tablet. This for sure will void your warranty too)
    2. Download either one of the firmware from the link below:
    3. Follow the instruction here.
    Special thanks to Mooms and BlackVictor sharing the firmware download links, and ataman76 who tried the tutorial above and confirm the right method for applying the firmware.

Knowledge Bases/Helpful Tips:​

Special Features:​

Instructions for getting root TB138FC runing ZUI 14

Read carefully:​

All actions below are at your own risk. I did this and above posted Magisk patched boot.img for firmware 14.0.820.​

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER:
    * This will delete all you data

Step 1: Go to SETTINGS Menu and click multiple times on your ZUI version. This will give you Developer access.
    Step 2: Go General Settings menu > Developer options
    Step 3: Click to enable OEM unlocking, also enable debugging mode.
    Step 4: Download platform-tools_r34.0.1-windows to your computer, you may also need usb_driver_r13-windows, unpack everything in a convenient place for you
    Step 5: Go to the platform-tools folder and run the command prompt by writing CMD in the folder header and press Enter
    Step 6: Connect your USB cable and run the following command:
    adb reboot bootloader

Step 7: Run the following command:
    fastboot flashing unlock

On your tablet Click volume UP to unlock your bootloader
    Wait for the confirmation on the tablet screen

Step 8: Run command:

GETTING ROOT ACCESS:
    Put your Qualcomm device in 9008 mode
    * You may need a qualcomm usb driver for 9008 mode to work properly

Step 1: Turn off the power, then hold Volume UP and insert the USB cable connected to the PC into the tablet
    Step 2: Use the EMMCDL_GUI tool to dump partitions boot_a and boot_b

In the program, select the brand Lenovo, model TB-J716F and download the file 29-11-2022_19-32-13_prog_firehose_ddr.elf
    Then you need to select the physical partition number 4, select the UFS memory type, and click get GPT partition table
    In the list, select the boot_a and boot_b sections and click read from device in the context menu
    The resulting partition dumps will be located at \EMMCDL_GUI_1.5\Temp
    Disconnect the tablet from the PC, hold volume DOWN and power button for ~10 seconds until you feel the vibration

Step 3: When the tablet boots into the system, enable USB debugging via ADB in the developer settings

Go to the folder with platform tools and start the command line by writing CMD in the folder header

Enter the command to determine the effective slot:
    adb shell getprop | grep slot
    If you see ro.boot.slot_suffix=_b, then the system is running on slot b. If ro.boot.slot_suffix=_a then slot a
    Install the latest version of MAGISK manager app on your tablet
    Copy the current boot_*.bin to your tablet (Instead of an * , select your version received by the grep slot command)
    Open MAGISK and click Select and patch a file. Find the boot_*.bin you copied and patch this file. Wait for the process to be completed
    Copy Magisk patched boot from the Download folder on your device to the platform-tools folder on your PC, then rename it to boot.img

In the command line window on the computer, enter the command:
    adb reboot bootloader

When the tablet boots into fastboot mode, enter the command:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Wait for it to complete then:
    Done, your tablet is now rooted
    Instructions for getting root TB138FC runing ZUI 14

Read carefully:​

All actions below are at your own risk. I did this and above posted Magisk patched boot.img for firmware 14.0.820.​

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER:
    * This will delete all you data

[ . . . ]

Wait for it to complete then:

Done, your tablet is now rooted

Awesome guide @BlackVictor , I rewrote it on Rentry to make it a little more clear and better visuals.

PM me if you need to edit :)
    Translate to English, it is the best tutorial **snip**
    Thanks a lot for tutorial link, worked for may tablet. Same like you I have pad pro 2022 sd870 with unlocked bootloader and fake global ROM.

In the beginning i can't flash TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 1 (1fichier) in the 1st post, i got error messages (download fail:sahara fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail) same like @digbys
    the qualcomm driver error got fixed after i did a windows update on drivers. seems the drivers on the linked page are rather old and windows update had newer ones. but still cant flash firmware. got json & sahara fails on flash. i got the latest qpst - again the ones on the linked page are old. doing this on win11. maybe i should try win10. any ideas?

Then i tried to flash TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 3 (Mega) in the 1st post and it worked.

There is a video on youtube just to ilustrate the process like tutorial from 4pda (WARNING: you have to use TB138FC_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00024.0_S_ZUI_14.0.625_ST_220901_qpst rom that provided in Link 3 (Mega) in the 1st post of this thread, unlocked bootloader, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in delevoper options. Do it with you own risk)
    Good Day !
    Are we have any chance to active google account in this tablet ? or any international ROM to solve this issue ?
    It did work with the following steps:
    1. Install Google Playstore apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
    2. Install Google Play Services apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
    3. Install Google Services Framework 12 apk (from APKMirror and look for ARM64-v8a architecture)
    4. Turn on the Google Basic Services:
      Settings -> Apps management -> 3 dots on the top right -> Google Basic Services
    Screenshot_20221014-112129.png

Voila! it work like a charm.