• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL 2021 Android TVs (C05/G05/BeyondTV6/BeyondTV4)

Search This thread

crazymark84

Sep 8, 2021
Hi all,
I have 2 problems with my 55C725 (FW version v.231) (Region ITALY)

1) Disney+ not present and not downloadable from the play store, reading the various pages of the forum it seems to be solved with an UPDATE.
I also checked the TV menu for updates from Device Info but there are no OTA updates to be done.

Do you recommend that I proceed with the V.238 update?

2) Passthough audio playback on rear speakers not working with non-native apps
I configured the TV via optical SPDIF to the SONY STR-DE597P amplifier (very old but still works fine). Before TCL I was using it without problems with the old Philips 55PUT6101.

After doing all the various configurations I noticed a strange thing; Kodi doesn't play the surround back audio.
I went crazy trying so many settings both TV and amp side, but I couldn't get it to work.
(The sony has a blue light that if it comes on means it's passing dolby audio and in my case of course it comes on).

Try and try again, I've noticed that the surround back works perfectly from the PC (connected in HDMI to the TV) and also from the PS3 (also connected in HDMI to the TV); so 2 devices passing audio to the amp through the TV's SPDIF and not directly to the amp.

I then try the various TV apps and discover that it is most likely not a configuration problem but an app problem.
In fact, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix (installed natively) reproduce surround sound back perfectly, as does the native Media Video app of the TCL TV media player (an embarrassingly featureless app).
While Kodi and Disney+, Nova Player, MX Plater, Plex... installed by me later, do not play surround back audio.
(Disney+ installed by Aptoide TV)

Clearly if I set it to full PCM no problem but the surround effect is not as good as Dolby Digital AC3 or DTS.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix the problem?

Given the 2 problems, do you recommend that I upgrade to V.238 or V.256?

In addition to the download links in the forum is there any way to get the link or where to manually download firmware and maybe see the list of bugfixes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_182046 - Copia.jpg
    IMG_20210904_182046 - Copia.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi all,
I have 2 problems with my 55C725 (FW version v.231) (Region ITALY)

Given the 2 problems, do you recommend that I upgrade to V.238 or V.256?

In addition to the download links in the forum is there any way to get the link or where to manually download firmware and maybe see the list of bugfixes?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi, first of all , yes you need to update firmware.
Instead of here, you can found TCL links also on telegram...
No firmware on TCL official web page is posted yet.

You mention 2 firmware ....V238 and V256.
V238 mentioned is OTA zip file and V256 is IMG file, so not same way to update.
I hope you read this thread and notice that mostly no changelog is provided and how to
manually update firmware.

How many additional apps you installed on your TV?
If not much ,I suggest to flash V256 IMG file first, which will erase all your apps, but system will be clean and ready to update to latest V267 OTA zip file ,which do not erase anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: crazymark84

crazymark84

Sep 8, 2021
Hi, first of all , yes you need to update firmware.
Instead of here, you can found TCL links also on telegram...
No firmware on TCL official web page is posted yet.

You mention 2 firmware ....V238 and V256.
V238 mentioned is OTA zip file and V256 is IMG file, so not same way to update.
I hope you read this thread and notice that mostly no changelog is provided and how to
manually update firmware.

How many additional apps you installed on your TV?
If not much ,I suggest to flash V256 IMG file first, which will erase all your apps, but system will be clean and ready to update to latest V267 OTA zip file ,which do not erase anything.
Thank you for your help!
I've installed v256 IMG and anfter I've upgrade to v267.

Disney+ is fixed 🥳 but not work surround back like all apps installed manually from playstore

Unfortunately, Kodi\Nova Player still has no surround back😭😭, and doing the various combinations I have noticed some difference, in the sense that where before it was whistling (depending on the combination) now it does not whistle, or if from TCL I select "Transfer" in the audio options, before I got Dolby from Kodi with the light on now I get PCM, a sign that probably something is moving. Hopefully in the next updates they will solve this case.

It would seem to be an Android API development issue that happens often on TCL and Philips.

Last edited:

gogabor89

Sep 22, 2015
Hi all!
I bought a TCL 55C728 TV, i downloaded some browser, but with them cant download files. I would like to download browser and some other apk from apkmirror but i dont know what kind of architecture need. Can you help me pls? Big problem when i install bad architecture? Thank you for the answer.

crazymark84

Sep 8, 2021
Hi all!
I bought a TCL 55C728 TV, i downloaded some browser, but with them cant download files. I would like to download browser and some other apk from apkmirror but i dont know what kind of architecture need. Can you help me pls? Big problem when i install bad architecture? Thank you for the answer.
I've installed APKPure and Aptoide TV on my TCL C725 and I think is a best solution for your problem.
I've not download from web but if I remember you need app from Google Play store called "Download"

crazymark84

Sep 8, 2021
I want try to do this guide to change player in Kodi https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android

But I can't open the folder Android\data, anyone have solved this problem?
I've tried using cx file explorer but i receive a message where I need to press "use this folder" in next screen but after I receive error and I cannot read the folder.
In my smartphone (Redmi note 10 pro) with Android 11 I can see the folder!

Last edited:

asfell

Aug 30, 2014
I've got a TCL 55C825 last update (V8-T615T01-LF1V072 > EU version if I'm right) and the remote voice is not working
(When I push the voice button once on the remote, it shows the google bottom on the TV, but does not react when I speak to the remote. If I push the button twice, it activates the TV Microphone, and I must yell to succeed been heard by the TV...)

Since I've got another remote with a microphone that works on my Android BOX, I tried and it doesn't work either.

So I suspect the firmware to be buggy, I wonder if other guys who own the C825 have more success with the voice search by talking to the remote ?

Thanks 😊👍

Last edited:

EVpaladin

Dec 16, 2013
New TCL R51MT02 Android TV Update available in V267.

V267

build date= Jul 29 2021
build= 1627555338
security_patch= 2020-12-05
gmsversion= 11.... R_GTVS
product.build.fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV6/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR03:user/release-keys
OTA size= 1.33GB

V267 IMG file...

hi,I have 65c725 with the firmware information is:V8.R51MT02-LF1R054.018250. just like this picture,can i use this IMG to update my tv?
微信图片_20211001230128.jpg

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
T615T02 (N.America) is for the following TV models:
- R646
V8-T615T02-LF1V023

build date=Sep 11 2021
build= 1631321651
security_patch= 2021-06-05
gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
product.build= TCL/G05_4K_US/G05:11/AR2101/AR13:user/release-keys
OTA size= 1.428GB

Note:
Previous firmware M1xx is obsolete (no more updates).
Owners of R646 can ask seller or TCL support for T615T02 IMG file.

The RTINGS R646 review is out now .....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts