• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL 2021 Android TVs (C05/G05/BeyondTV6/BeyondTV4)

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Last edited:

CriseekPL

Mar 3, 2013
iyOfIT4.jpg
Which version will be suitable for my C728? For some reason I can't do update throught OTA directly on TV. I got error message about missing internet connection, but everything working seems just OTA servers are not reachable.

dayanghua8

Oct 24, 2021
personnaly I also had V062.
I img upgraded to 078 to get the most recent img one (and clean upgrade)
and then OTA to the 082
but that s just me :)

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Which version will be suitable for my C728? For some reason I can't do update throught OTA directly on TV. I got error message about missing internet connection, but everything working seems just OTA servers are not reachable.
OTA Auto (Network) update is reachable , but there is also V062, same as your version.
Usually need a quite long time to be placed higher version.
Download V082 and copy zip file to USB, insert in TV input.
Go to setting and instead Network update , select Local update.
Follow instruction on TV......

rainbow99

May 30, 2009
is there a way to backu TCL's TV settings and apps to google, so that dont have to take so long to reconfigure after factory reset? thanks

rainbow99

May 30, 2009
and is there a way to allow Viu to work on android TV? doesnt work on C805 and Nvidia shield. thanks

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

rainbow99

May 30, 2009
The ADB app looks cool, will try it out. For viu, sorry that I wasn't clear, I can install from Google play store, but with I open, it still said not supported. Likewise the version full apk mirror. Thanks for all the advice

Haroon_

Oct 3, 2017
I am not able to play AV1 codec files on C725. Aren't 2021 Tv's supposed to support the codec? Or is it just the previous year platform with new Android version.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I am not able to play AV1 codec files on C725. Aren't 2021 Tv's supposed to support the codec? Or is it just the previous year platform with new Android version.
C725 supose support AV1 codec.
Check with Aida64.

Btw,

From RTINGS.....R646....

Update 10/19/2021: We've received a few requests to check for resolution halving in certain games. We tried it with Destiny 2 on an Xbox Series X and didn't notice any signs of resolution issues; [email protected] is displayed properly.

Last edited:

Haroon_

Oct 3, 2017
C725 support AV1 codec.

Btw,

From RTINGS.....R646....

Update 10/19/2021: We've received a few requests to check for resolution halving in certain games. We tried it with Destiny 2 on an Xbox Series X and didn't notice any signs of resolution issues; [email protected] is displayed properly.
YouTube videos which are encoded in AV1 play in VP09. No success as of yet. Maybe not supported in the Android TV YouTube app as yet.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
YouTube videos which are encoded in AV1 play in VP09. No success as of yet. Maybe not supported in the Android TV YouTube app as yet.
Try SmartTube Next....
As noted above, easy to check with Aida64 /Codec.

Attachments

• 2021-10-25_001302.png
    2021-10-25_001302.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any luck with x925 V029 file? Need to update when possible.
    No luck yet. I called TCL today but they say they can’t provide it and to wait for future OTA updates.
    Hello everyone, this is not a question about firmwares (so pardon me for the slight OT) but about a very basic use of an 50C725 (latest 267 firmware): when you connect the spdif toslink audio output, what do tv speakers do? In my case they're always on, I can adjust the volume thru the remote but it's always the tv speakers, not the spdif output. I expect that connecting the spdif would disable the tv speakers (like the headphones jack for example)! I cannot find any option to do that and I don't understand it's a defect or the normal behavior (but if it's normal it makes spdif output useless...).
    In the advanced audio menu I put "digital output" on pcm; moreover the sound I'm hearing is dropped now and then, like if it looses sync. If I choose "auto" or "transferring" I get only loud noises (and tv speakers always on). The spdif cable is connected to a SMSL M500 dac, and it worked flawlessly with my previous tv set, so it's not its fault.
    Please help me, I'm going mad...

Massimo
    No solution. It's same here, you either mute the sound (leaves icon on screen) or you put the volume to 1 and let the soundbar sound louder. What I did tho is put the volume to 1 and plugged in some old headphones. No more sound ( not from speakers anyways)

Anyone tried that new custom firmware yet? Anything new or noticable?
    In which country are you using your 55C725? I am in Finland and originally had v256 in my 43C725. Since there were no OTA updates available, I updated it locally to v267. So far no updates offering Google TV interface are available OTA in Finland.

How do find Google TV interface after having been using the vanilla UI of Android TV 11?
    I'm in Italy. I updated to v267 manually because I never got any Ota updates.

The new Google tv interface is amazing for me. Before I had a lot of problems, menu sometimes froze, often I had to clean the ram using the pre-installed tcl app TV protection because everything started to lag and stutter.

After I got Google tv interface, everything is fast and great, it's the perfect TV now.
    There are certain regions where OTA is not available for years & neither on TCL local support. AP region hasn't. NA & EU are lucky though where updates are available via OTA or local TCL has it on support page.
    V8-R51MT02-LF1V267 OTA file ...backup link...

MT9615 Platform (C728 & C825).......V8-T615T01-LF1V072

build date= Jul 20 2021
    build= 1626726642
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= R_GTVS
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/C05_4K_GB/C05:11/AR2101/AR20:user/release-keys
    OTA size= 1.40GB

V072 IMG file.....

Changes...=>

Introduction of a new Project ID for the new LCD panels
    Adding options 1440p @ 120Hz to HDMI EDID and activation of Dolby Vision Variable when the function is enabled Refresh Rate
    Adding local contrast menu model C728
    Improving the E-sticker when playing there is a demo clip in store mode.
    Change default settings for Dolby Vision.
    Correct audio and video delay when switching TV channels

Edit:
    Installed on 75R646 version, no problem so far.....

R646-and-V072.jpg
    Hello everybody. I recently bought the TCl 50C725 and I am satisfied (especially after the adjustments I found in this forum; I followed the previous model C715).
    For the Italian market there is no PVR and Timeshit; as you indicated, I would like to try to change the Project ID of the TV (currently 6446).
    Compared to what I found here on the forum, now the Project ID is with 4 digits instead of 3.
    Also in the list of TCL Project ID sheets (let me thank stasiof for the great work he does to the community) clearly I don't find my TV (too new) and I only find 3-digit Project ID.
    Do any of you have experience with the Project IDs of the new 2021 series (C725)?
    In the meantime, thank you all for the great job you guys do!
    For 2021 models Project ID is not released yet, so need the time to be released and change Project ID.
    Changelog is very rare for TCL firmware.
    Are there special instructions for updating the firmware from USB?
    I have C825 and tried both placing a zipped and unzipped firmware on a FAT32 USB stick. Then going to Android TV settings - Device preferences - About - System update - Local update. But the update isn't detected.
    What firmware you running now?
    Do not unzip....copy/paste zip file as is. Try to change USB drive.