• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL 2021 Android TVs (C05/G05/BeyondTV6/BeyondTV4)

Search This thread

Atwd

Nov 1, 2021
My 55c725 just got updated to Google tv

My firmware version is still the v267.

I just got a notification saying there were new functions available, I clicked ok and then I got the new Google tv interface

Last edited:

anhil

Jul 18, 2008
Vantaa

I just got a notification saying there were new functions available, I clicked ok and then I got the new Google tv interface
In which country are you using your 55C725? I am in Finland and originally had v256 in my 43C725. Since there were no OTA updates available, I updated it locally to v267. So far no updates offering Google TV interface are available OTA in Finland.

How do find Google TV interface after having been using the vanilla UI of Android TV 11?

Atwd

Nov 1, 2021
In which country are you using your 55C725? I am in Finland and originally had v256 in my 43C725. Since there were no OTA updates available, I updated it locally to v267. So far no updates offering Google TV interface are available OTA in Finland.

How do find Google TV interface after having been using the vanilla UI of Android TV 11?
I'm in Italy. I updated to v267 manually because I never got any Ota updates.

The new Google tv interface is amazing for me. Before I had a lot of problems, menu sometimes froze, often I had to clean the ram using the pre-installed tcl app TV protection because everything started to lag and stutter.

After I got Google tv interface, everything is fast and great, it's the perfect TV now.

Reactions: anhil

anhil

Jul 18, 2008
Vantaa

The new Google tv interface is amazing for me. Before I had a lot of problems, menu sometimes froze, often I had to clean the ram using the pre-installed tcl app TV protection because everything started to lag and stutter.

After I got Google tv interface, everything is fast and great, it's the perfect TV now.

Thanks for the valuable information!

I have understood, that Google TV is more or less a sort off add-on on top of the Android TV UI. However, it should enable the UHD resolution for the UI (if your TV is equipped UHD display and TCL is). Android TV 12 should bring this UHD to UI in the native bottom level. Can you confirm, that this Google TV update your received actually enabled UHD on the UI?

Solarean

Aug 28, 2020

Are you sure you got the Google tv experience? I got the "new functionality" message as well. But it just gave me the newer android TV experience. Not the Google TV experience.

Nobbymk

Nov 17, 2021
Ok have o miss something little or am I fighting a losing battle , I flash my 65C729K UK TV with V8-R51MT02-LF1V267.020119.zip using IMG and OTA. Reset. It looks nice and smooth but will not play any video in any app please help.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Ok have o miss something little or am I fighting a losing battle , I flash my 65C729K UK TV with V8-R51MT02-LF1V267.020119.zip using IMG and OTA. Reset. It looks nice and smooth but will not play any video in any app please help.
I told you not to flash.
Now you have 2 choice.....try to flash V191 IMG file
or contact TCL UK ,to send you IMG file for your TV model.

Nobbymk

Nov 17, 2021
I now was getting the arse the my 2 me nth old £1000tv was been Ng slugglish and weren't what it said on the outside of the Ti. Any comparable Cust m ROMs worth lol king at

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I now was getting the arse the my 2 me nth old £1000tv was been Ng slugglish and weren't what it said on the outside of the Ti. Any comparable Cust m ROMs worth lol king at
That is your choice, I told you UK versions is different.
You didn't read my post above ?

Atwd

Nov 1, 2021
Are you sure you got the Google tv experience? I got the "new functionality" message as well. But it just gave me the newer android TV experience. Not the Google TV experience.
Yes it's the Google TV.

I also own a Chromecast with Google TV and the interface is literally the same.

I don't know what you mean with new android tv experience

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

V267 didn't provide Google TV, is still Android 11.
So how you get ?

GuinuxBR

Aug 6, 2015
guinuxbr.com
Hello all. I bought the C725K 50", and I'm slightly disappointed that it is still running Android TV 9. I've checked for updates, but nothing showed up.
Is there offline firmware files to update my device to Android TV 11?

It is my first 4k TV; the overall quality is good: menus are fluid, there is a Chromecast built-in, easy to set up, very good sound, image is good enough.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello all. I bought the C725K 50", and I'm slightly disappointed that it is still running Android TV 9. I've checked for updates, but nothing showed up.

It is my first 4k TV; the overall quality is good: menus are fluid, there is a Chromecast built-in, easy to set up, very good sound, image is good enough.
Read posts earlier....there is no available firmware for UK 2021 models.

Nobbymk

Nov 17, 2021

I know the feeling I got the 65C729K the other month , turns out all the UK specs are lower then the European ones . Still considering sender Nd it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So can it be installed on R51MT02 C725?
    Today user from Italy installed V418 Google TV......on 55C725......working OK so far.

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

More info:
    Flashed R166 on my C725 here in Spain and so far so good. GTV so much smother than ATV.

Thanks @stasiof for posting the IMG files. Much appreciated 👍

PXL_20220121_082352662.MP~3.jpg
    Is same platform R51M.
    In Philippines, India and Brazil.... P725 and C725 are coming with R51MT05 (Google TV) firmware,out of box.
    Read more:

Anyway, you can always flash back to R51MT02, with IMG file.
    (not valid for UK "K" models, because there is no IMG file)

Edit:
    Taken from test V418 IMG....hardware support:

2022-01-11-162540.png
    Hi!

I just recently bought a TCL 55C725 ( in Spain ), it came with R51M v246 installed. I've been having tons of problems, specially in Dolby vision and game modes where some sort of backlight auto dimming is on even if everything is off on the settings ( including the secret menu where both the eco mode and DBC are off ). After reading around, the only possibility that I have left ( as far as I know ) is too try to update the software. When I try to update through the network it says it's the latest update. When I go to the European website it points me to v256, but reading this post i can see there are plenty of newer versions. I'm new to updating manually my TV, although I'm confident I can do it.
    I want to ask: what's the latest, most stable and recommended update for my specific model (55C725) ?? v267?.. or??

Many thanks in advance!!
    I am completely happy with v267 which I installed locally (also, not OTA) over v256 which was preinstalled in my 43C725. However, I am not using any sound passtrhu since I am using my tv without any external speakers or amplifier. Therefore I cannot tell you, if passthru works OK in v267. If you run into any problems, you can always try v256, v282 or those custom firmwares to which you can find a download link in this very forum...
    doesn't work on my model the img isn't verified
    Of course! Because this is firmware for another chassis. You say that you have 43s434 only now. This is 2020 model
    There are certain regions where OTA is not available for years & neither on TCL local support. AP region hasn't. NA & EU are lucky though where updates are available via OTA or local TCL has it on support page.
    V8-R51MT02-LF1V267 OTA file ...backup link...

MT9615 Platform (C728 & C825).......V8-T615T01-LF1V072

build date= Jul 20 2021
    build= 1626726642
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= R_GTVS
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/C05_4K_GB/C05:11/AR2101/AR20:user/release-keys
    OTA size= 1.40GB

V072 IMG file.....

Changes...=>

Introduction of a new Project ID for the new LCD panels
    Adding options 1440p @ 120Hz to HDMI EDID and activation of Dolby Vision Variable when the function is enabled Refresh Rate
    Adding local contrast menu model C728
    Improving the E-sticker when playing there is a demo clip in store mode.
    Change default settings for Dolby Vision.
    Correct audio and video delay when switching TV channels

Edit:
    Installed on 75R646 version, no problem so far.....

R646-and-V072.jpg
    Hello everybody. I recently bought the TCl 50C725 and I am satisfied (especially after the adjustments I found in this forum; I followed the previous model C715).
    For the Italian market there is no PVR and Timeshit; as you indicated, I would like to try to change the Project ID of the TV (currently 6446).
    Compared to what I found here on the forum, now the Project ID is with 4 digits instead of 3.
    Also in the list of TCL Project ID sheets (let me thank stasiof for the great work he does to the community) clearly I don't find my TV (too new) and I only find 3-digit Project ID.
    Do any of you have experience with the Project IDs of the new 2021 series (C725)?
    In the meantime, thank you all for the great job you guys do!
    For 2021 models Project ID is not released yet, so need the time to be released and change Project ID.
    Today user from Italy installed V418 Google TV......on 55C725......working OK so far.

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

More info:
    Changelog is very rare for TCL firmware.