TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
(43/50/55/65/75/85") P735...LED

(43/50/55/65/75") C635...QLED (previous C725)

(43/50") C735...QLED

RT51M Platform (Realtek RTD2851M)
Google TV
CPU 64-bit A55×4 1.3GHz
GPU G31x2 800MHz
RAM 2GB DDR3-1866
ROM 16GB: eMMC5.0
HDMI 3x (2.1+2x2.0b)
USB x2 (2.0+3.0)

=================================

(55/65/75") C735...QLED (previous C728)

(55/65/75") C835...MiniLED

(65/75") C935...MiniLED

MT9615 Platform (MediaTek MT9615 aka MT5889)
120Hz(VRR 144Hz)
Google TV- Amati UI
CPU Cortex A-73x4 1.37GHz? (1.6 max)
GPU G52(2EE)MP2, 550Mhz
RAM 3GB DDR4-2666
ROM 32GB :eMMC5.0
HDMI 4x2.1
USB x1 (2.0)

C835 FALD (Local dimming)
55".....240 zones (1,440 diodes)
65".....288 zones (1,728 diodes)
75".....360 zones (2,160 diodes)
Brightness:
Peak: 1000cd/m2; Typ.:500nits

C935 FALD (Local dimming)
65".....1,080 zones (8,640 diodes)
75".....1,920 zones (15,360 diodes)
Brightness:
Peak: 2000cd/m2; Typ.:1000nits

Sources....

Better detailed specification by TCL Vietnam....

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Unboxing C735...

Unboxing C835...

Preliminary firmware C735 & C835 attached...

Attachments

• M141.png
    M141.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
  • C835.png
    C835.png
    680.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
New owners of 2022 models, please post Product information page with firmware version, Project ID, date of release,etc....

Thanks in advance.... 👍

codyfly

Apr 26, 2022
The Chinese version of the C935 is called X11. It's a nice machine with 1920 partitions. The Chinese version uses 9652+memc IC, and the European version uses 9615. I don't know if there is an external memc. The 1920 partition is very good to use, and the 5OD lamp beads make the glare very small. I replaced my Xiaomi OLED 77 Master after a month of comparison, this machine uses V21 OLED panel.

970939704.jpg
1871506538.jpg
895288563.jpg

brotola

Apr 30, 2022
Hello everyone, from Spain.

First of all, sorry for my horrible English.

About fifteen days ago I bought a TCL 55C635. It came from the factory with firmware V8-R51MT05-LF1V437.020554. I started the initial installation of Google TV; everything was going well. But when configuring the Image mode, the first problem occurred: It did not save the Image configuration. When I turned the TV back on, all the Picture settings made by me disappeared from each input or source (Dolby Vision, Google TV, HDM1, etc.). I was desperate!!

I contacted TCL, and the only solution they gave me was to do Reset All and Reset Shop, but it didn't work.

So I made the decision to downgrade, and installed the older version of the same platform, the V8-R51MT05-LF1V435.020548. This solved the problem of saving Picture settings, finally, but it also brought me the problem that now the option to activate the VRR 120hz DLG in Picture Game mode disappears; also the Smart Picture and Smart Sound activation options.

At TCL they tell me that they cannot supply me with the firmware that came from the factory (v437), that I have to wait for the update to be uploaded to the web. I haven't been able to find the firmware anywhere.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone, from Spain.

First of all, sorry for my horrible English.

About fifteen days ago I bought a TCL 55C635. It came from the factory with firmware V8-R51MT05-LF1V437.020554. I started the initial installation of Google TV; everything was going well. But when configuring the Image mode, the first problem occurred: It did not save the Image configuration. When I turned the TV back on, all the Picture settings made by me disappeared from each input or source (Dolby Vision, Google TV, HDM1, etc.). I was desperate!!

I contacted TCL, and the only solution they gave me was to do Reset All and Reset Shop, but it didn't work.

So I made the decision to downgrade, and installed the older version of the same platform, the V8-R51MT05-LF1V435.020548. This solved the problem of saving Picture settings, finally, but it also brought me the problem that now the option to activate the VRR 120hz DLG in Picture Game mode disappears; also the Smart Picture and Smart Sound activation options.

At TCL they tell me that they cannot supply me with the firmware that came from the factory (v437), that I have to wait for the update to be uploaded to the web. I haven't been able to find the firmware anywhere.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.
Congrats on new 2022 TV model.
Do you have any picture with firmware V437 ?
Date of release. your Project ID number,etc....
So far available firmwares is V418, V427 and V435.

As I know, VRR didn't work with @120hz DV....HDMI 2.1 enhanced....CEC , Game mode enabled ?
You can found VRR in Inputs when HDMI is active. as attached....

Attachments

• 2022-04-30_153721.png
    2022-04-30_153721.png
    439.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

brotola

Apr 30, 2022

As I know, VRR didn't work with @120hz DV....HDMI 2.1 enhanced....CEC , Game mode enabled ?
Hi stasiof, thanks for replying.

Yes, I just noticed that the VRR 120hz options are in Input settings, and only when the source is in HDR and with Game mode on. I'm dumb!!

I have activated the two options below, but I don't know if they are working, because I don't see (or am not able to see) the difference. Is there a way to know if both options are working?

What has disappeared is Smart Picture and Smart Sound from the Picture and Sound settings.

brotola

Apr 30, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_20220423_173723.jpg
    IMG_20220423_173723.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thx for pic...last bottom text can't see well.
Is't release date...Feb 22 2022 ?

R51MT05 Platform P635/638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
V8-R51MT05-LF1V464.020644

V464 OTA

Build date=Tue Apr 26 22:08:50 CST 2022
build.date.utc=1650982130
security_patch=2022-01-05
gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
build.fingerprint=TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR04:user/release-keys
OTA size= 1.56GB

V464 IMG file

IMG size= 3.30GB

Last edited:

TCList#1

May 25, 2022
Hi guys,
is there a chance to extract the Airplay related apps (AirplayAPK - com.mediatek.AirplayAPK and some other app) from 2022 MT9615 and run them in 2021 MT9615 (C72, C82 series) - in the other words bring official AirPlay to the older mediatek based TVs?
X-Plore or Solid Explorer can't do it. Access denied probably since they are the system apps. Probably the root is required. Does anyone want to try it? :)

brotola

Apr 30, 2022
Hi guys,
is there a chance to extract the Airplay related apps (AirplayAPK - com.mediatek.AirplayAPK and some other app) from 2022 MT9615 and run them in 2021 MT9615 (C72, C82 series) - in the other words bring official AirPlay to the older mediatek based TVs?
X-Plore or Solid Explorer can't do it. Access denied probably since they are the system apps. Probably the root is required. Does anyone want to try it? :)
I have no idea how that could be done. I'm sorry.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi guys,
Try with ADBAppControl.....

TCList#1

May 25, 2022
Try with ADBAppControl.....
Hi,
thank you for your help. Just to let you know it didn't work. I used ADBAppControl and successfully extracted the airplay apps "com.tcl.airplay2 [v.1.1.10].apk" "com.mediatek.AirplayAPK [v.1.0].apk" , but they didn't work in MT9165 2021 and in RT51. Pity.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi,
thank you for your help. Just to let you know it didn't work. I used ADBAppControl and successfully extracted the airplay apps "com.tcl.airplay2 [v.1.1.10].apk" "com.mediatek.AirplayAPK [v.1.0].apk" , but they didn't work in MT9165 2021 and in RT51. Pity.
Different platforms.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for pic.. 👍 ...at the moment V440 IMG is only available.
    OTA versions is quite rare.
    How C935 perform ?
    Thanks for the info.

It is a very nice tv, love the colour accuracy and brightness. Blacks are black, not much blooming that I have seen. Built in speakers are great. Coming from a Sony x90j which I found very dark picture wise. This tv is amazing for the price. Just can't figure out the vrr function with xbox series x, gives a 10 second no input signal screen every time a game starts and vrr is activated. Other than that...perfect
    About the pic settings in DV you need to press settings button on the remote and change it to DV bright or dark. IQ can't be modified.
    There you can play with noise and motion settings.

Settings applied to all sources mean settings you've done for a material. Like DV you set on Netflix will be same if you plug in hdmi player.
    You need to set any other pic settings for sdr for hdr and for dv separately..

When I finish watching DV or HDR TV always goes to last used pic settings I was before. Movie in my particular situation 😉

No idea about recording or timeshift PVR as I never used it on any TV.
    Hello, I own a C935 with V432 software.

I have a few questions if anyone can advise, because the official TCL support is useless.

- Does anyone know how to turn off the Air Play configuration notification. I don't have Air Play, I don't want Air Play, but the TV is really annoying. I get 20 notifications a day about configuration. In Settings → System → Air Play I have selected to turn Air Play off, but still the notifications keep popping up.

- It doesn't stick to my picture settings. I have the picture set for the TV signal. But as soon as I switch to Netflix with Doby Vision or XBOX, when I switch back to TV, the picture settings change slightly. E.g. Micro Dimming fields, image smoothing, noise reduction, etc. I have the picture settings set to use for all sources.

- When I put on Neflix with Dolby Vision, any faster movements look horrible. like the TV is trying to sharpen the moving image, but instead it totally blurs it. For example, with Stranger Things, it's very visible. I have Netflix in 4k, the static and slow motion scenes are luxurious. I don't know if it's a problem of Netflix and their codec or a problem of the TV trying to sharpen or apply smooth motion. However, when playing a Dolby Vision show, neither of these options are offered in the video recording, so I don't know how to adjust or ideally turn it off. I don't have any other shows with Doby Vision.

- Does anyone know of a PVR functionality on TCL TV with Google TV. I was used to the fact that on my Philips OLED TV with Android TV 8, when I hit Pause on the TV, it automatically started recording to the USB drive. During Play, it then played from the drive and kept recording in the background, so one could finish watching the current show perfectly smoothly. Tohel is about the only functionality I really miss from my old TV.
    - You need to disable Air play.
    Use ADBAppControl to do this from your PC.

- As borygo77 posted , make sure "Apply all picture settings" is set to "Current input".
    So, there will be separate setting for Dolby Vision, HDR , HLG , SD/HD/FHD.....
    Don't use IQ, use Dark or Light, there are many colour settings to adjust (motion enhancement).

- PVR is for TV terrestrial channels only ( if available) ..read in manual
    Thx for pic...last bottom can see well.
    Is't release date...Feb 22 2022 ?
    Thanks for pic.. 👍 ...at the moment V440 IMG is only available.
    OTA versions is quite rare.
    How C935 perform ?
    Thanks for the info.

It is a very nice tv, love the colour accuracy and brightness. Blacks are black, not much blooming that I have seen. Built in speakers are great. Coming from a Sony x90j which I found very dark picture wise. This tv is amazing for the price. Just can't figure out the vrr function with xbox series x, gives a 10 second no input signal screen every time a game starts and vrr is activated. Other than that...perfect
    About the pic settings in DV you need to press settings button on the remote and change it to DV bright or dark. IQ can't be modified.
    There you can play with noise and motion settings.

Settings applied to all sources mean settings you've done for a material. Like DV you set on Netflix will be same if you plug in hdmi player.
    You need to set any other pic settings for sdr for hdr and for dv separately..

When I finish watching DV or HDR TV always goes to last used pic settings I was before. Movie in my particular situation 😉

No idea about recording or timeshift PVR as I never used it on any TV.
    Hello, I own a C935 with V432 software.

I have a few questions if anyone can advise, because the official TCL support is useless.

- Does anyone know how to turn off the Air Play configuration notification. I don't have Air Play, I don't want Air Play, but the TV is really annoying. I get 20 notifications a day about configuration. In Settings → System → Air Play I have selected to turn Air Play off, but still the notifications keep popping up.

- It doesn't stick to my picture settings. I have the picture set for the TV signal. But as soon as I switch to Netflix with Doby Vision or XBOX, when I switch back to TV, the picture settings change slightly. E.g. Micro Dimming fields, image smoothing, noise reduction, etc. I have the picture settings set to use for all sources.

- When I put on Neflix with Dolby Vision, any faster movements look horrible. like the TV is trying to sharpen the moving image, but instead it totally blurs it. For example, with Stranger Things, it's very visible. I have Netflix in 4k, the static and slow motion scenes are luxurious. I don't know if it's a problem of Netflix and their codec or a problem of the TV trying to sharpen or apply smooth motion. However, when playing a Dolby Vision show, neither of these options are offered in the video recording, so I don't know how to adjust or ideally turn it off. I don't have any other shows with Doby Vision.

- Does anyone know of a PVR functionality on TCL TV with Google TV. I was used to the fact that on my Philips OLED TV with Android TV 8, when I hit Pause on the TV, it automatically started recording to the USB drive. During Play, it then played from the drive and kept recording in the background, so one could finish watching the current show perfectly smoothly. Tohel is about the only functionality I really miss from my old TV.
    - You need to disable Air play.
    Use ADBAppControl to do this from your PC.

- As borygo77 posted , make sure "Apply all picture settings" is set to "Current input".
    So, there will be separate setting for Dolby Vision, HDR , HLG , SD/HD/FHD.....
    Don't use IQ, use Dark or Light, there are many colour settings to adjust (motion enhancement).

- PVR is for TV terrestrial channels only ( if available) ..read in manual