TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

marcosdomin

Nov 30, 2022
USB Audio TCL C635

Hi, I have a 65¨ TCL C635 and would like to extract USB Audio into a DAC as I used to do with my previous Android TV. When I connect the DAC to the USB port, it seems to work for a few seconds but disconnects after a while.

I have tried the app USB Audio Player PRO but the problem persists. I also have enabled USB debugging in Developer settings, but the settings window closes when I select "Audio Source" as USB configuration.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks!

leroy1980

Feb 12, 2008
updated my P735 to V496 but still facing the same problem with the TV. After 3-4 times of switching off and on from the remote, the last time turns on showing the TCL logo and starting booting (bypassing by itself the fast boot) and if I turn it off after that boot it totally turns off and needs to be unplugged first in order to turn on again. I start thinking that this is a hardware issue because I expected to be fixed after the software update. Anyone who has faced something similar in the past and found a solution please?

Sholim82

Dec 1, 2022
VPN connection problems

Hi there.

I have a tcl 43c635 and I have a VPN connection problem.

My VPN (Proton) connects perfectly. However, if I exit any app, the VPN connection drops out. It would appear that the TV allows only one connection.

I have tried all the usual problem resolving routines: reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, increased background processi to max, installed different protocols (openvpn and wireguard apps) but I get the same results.

I have also tried at least 5 other VPN providers and get the same problem.

(I have a firestick and the sames VPNs stay connected for days.)

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for bringing this problem up. I bought 55c639 yesterday and tried many things like you and advised by people with similar issues and not realted to VPNs including energy saving/app settings and/or some thing under developer options but no luck. Problem persist with Nord and Surfshark. Background process of VPNs just keep closing over and over once i entered varios streaming apps. Only one thing i have not tried and that would be upgrading software version.
Which software version are you using?
Anyone manage to fix it?
Anyone with Google TV HD/4K have this issue?

Wensum

Nov 29, 2022
Thank you for bringing this problem up. I bought 55c639 yesterday and tried many things like you and advised by people with similar issues and not realted to VPNs including energy saving/app settings and/or some thing under developer options but no luck. Problem persist with Nord and Surfshark. Background process of VPNs just keep closing over and over once i entered varios streaming apps. Only one thing i have not tried and that would be upgrading software version.
Which software version are you using?
Anyone manage to fix it?
Anyone with Google TV HD/4K have this issue?
Software version is V8-R51MT05-LF1V477. 020694.

The only VPN that seems to work is VPN.ac. However, it does not officially support Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc. I'm currently in the middle of a support ticket with ProtonVPN; so I'll wait and see what they say.

Sholim82

Dec 1, 2022
Software version is V8-R51MT05-LF1V477. 020694.

The only VPN that seems to work is VPN.ac. However, it does not officially support Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc. I'm currently in the middle of a support ticket with ProtonVPN; so I'll wait and see what they say.
In my opinion it has to do with Google TV OP closing applications in the background.
Let me know Proton`s feedback.

lapist

Hello, I just bought TCL 55C635. It automatically updated to firmware v477 on first start via OTA and I then soon updated it to the latest v501 using IMG firmware.
I noticed 2 problems with this TV:

1. Videos played on it (thru IPTV apps, Netflix etc) are not very smooth, I can see considerable stuttering in movement. It seems it is much smoother when using the same apps on Fire TV Stick (4k Max) connected via HDMI, but only when I have TV Stick's output set to 8bit colors - if I set 10 or 12bit, it stutters too. Is there any way to reduce that stuttering? Or is it caused by too slow CPU in the TV, that doesn't have enough power to play 24-25 fps content on 60 Hz TV with the postprocessing it has, and there can't be done much to fix it?

2. I noticed that TV has kind of yellowish tint, like if the white balance is not set correctly and white tends to be rather yellow than white. It is especially visible with lowered brightness. Is that normal? Can that be fixed somehow? I didn't test the TV much with the original firmware, so I am not sure if that could be caused by flashing that v501 IMG FW, if it could wipe some panel settings,etc, or if it was yellowish before that already..

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
My new 50C635 (still keeping C715 :D) came with V496.
After debloating (disabled) all unused apps, disabled power saving in streaming apps, update all apps to latest version, set 4 different picture setting,TV works as I expected,
Not gamer , so can't comment on this.

Attachments

• TCast1669532045085.png
    TCast1669532045085.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
  • TCast1669532258908.png
    TCast1669532258908.png
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 73
  • TCast1669349906509.png
    TCast1669349906509.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 90
  • TCast1669531512287.png
    TCast1669531512287.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
  • TCast1669550869821.png
    TCast1669550869821.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 95

tonarii

Apr 20, 2019
Ty. I just upgraded the firmware to this one.
I just bought and installed the tcl 55c735 144hz 4k tv. bought it mainly so I can game on it from my 12900K 3080 TI PC that supports 2.1 HDMI unfortunately the max hz I can choose is 120Hz in the NVIDIA control panel and I cant enable the Game Master Mode. I can enter the Game Bar though with my remote.

Do I miss out inputlagwise?

I tried different 2.1 HDMI cables.
The tv is in PC mode.
In the attached file a screenshot of some more settings i have enabled.
Gonna call the tcl helpdesk monday but maybe someone here also knows the answer. Any help is welcome.
Hi, i also can't activate the Game Master Mode with my PC, do you have new informations about that ?
Also regarding your 144hz issue, have you looked at the color depth ?

2160 p 120hz 12 bit
2160 p 144hz 10 bit

On the Rtings test for the North American version of the tv, they also had some issue with 4K 144hz on an Nvidia card, but no problem with an AMD card. I think that will be fixed if it's from Nvidia.

testguest

Oct 31, 2007
Hi guys, could someone owning a C635 or C735 confirm if it is possible to rotate the screen 180° in the service/factory/hidden menu?
I'd really appreciate your help since I'd like to avoid ordering the TV blindly and trying it/sending it back if it's not possible.
I know, it's a weird use case!

extream87

Dec 23, 2013
@lapist Im on V8-R51MT05-LF1V501.020739
HDMI 1 is 2.1 port.
Do you also have activated vrr on game master settings? You only need to enable vrr 1 time. Game Master allways need to be activated mannualy. You can press 3 lines button and enter on game menu also to activate hgig.

dah145

Dec 2, 2022
Recently acquired a TCL C635i, not exactly sure what the "i" letter stands when compared to the C635 model. Very happy so far, just got a couple of questions, this model doesn't seem to have any LED Motion or Black Frame Insertion equivalent present in other TCL models? There's a "Boost" option that can be changed from ECO to Fast, but not sure if that's related to BFI.

lapist

Maybe firmware ?...just guessing....
My attached....
Doesn't seem like firmware - I just tried reflashing v501 to v483 via IMG and also null.. Upgraded it using OTA Zip to v496 and still null.
I am wondering if that could be related to yellowish tint of the screen, if it can't set parameters of the panel correctly. Are your whites perfectly white, or also a bit yellow?

lapist

@lapist Im on V8-R51MT05-LF1V501.020739
HDMI 1 is 2.1 port.
Do you also have activated vrr on game master settings? You only need to enable vrr 1 time. Game Master allways need to be activated mannualy. You can press 3 lines button and enter on game menu also to activate hgig.
I tried, but it doesn't seem to work. First I enabled VRR in Inputs settings, then game master shows VRR as enabled and option in Xbox settings to enable VRR is unlocked. But when I enable VRR in Xbox settings, game master turns off and it can't be enabled again. I tried various settings of video output in Xbox, enabling/disabling 120 Hz DLG, but no change. Does VRR with Game Master enabled works for you in Xbox GUI, or it can be enabled only when a game that supports it is running?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried your suggestion but the result suggests Youtube videos based on "Play Store" or "Google Play Store". The search result does not bring up the actual playstore application. I have the same problem since day 1. Why the Google Play store app is not visible? And another thing, why when ai search for a game title i never get any results back???
    Install this apk....Play store will appear in home page...
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

LINK

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB
    OTA network auto update and OTA on telegram, no difference.
    100% same file.
    People posting without any clue.
    Not so, sir. The concept of quality in production has changed a lot in the recent period, and there are many international companies that have given concessions to factories in Asian and African countries to implement some models of devices with modest quality. Giant and well-known companies are now seeing devices made in their name with major manufacturing errors and problems with the quality of the materials and parts used, and yet they pay a high amount of money for the brand name only. Well-known brands focus only on high-end devices. That is why Chinese companies have appeared strongly in the recent period... For example, TCL used to buy QLED screens from Samsung factories before 2019. Then TCL bought the factory from Samsung and became the one to supply screens for some Samsung models!!! The same is the case with many well-known international companies that have come to rely on Chinese factories to supply all their needs of ready-made parts and raw materials, and send them to their factories in Asia and Africa for assembly and branding on them.......
    Yea.. and everything still mean that the problem is always in sh!ity-atittude in china products producents and at the end of this story - the client himself. Samsung also sh!t. LG it depends on models. Panasonic don't know, haven't seen any product since 10 years. Sharp maybe, but honestly nothing special. Toshiba.. yeaa where is Toshiba. Myself don't know what to buy instead of TCL to be honest and this is the worst thing, but even if you wanna buy something better now what will be complete-device, f!ck don't know what, because even higher models of reputable brands have bugs and it doesn't work well sometimes, but I think this is the new world problem in technology - mediocrity in everything and lack of refinement (i feel sometimes the everything is left as it is and the client is left alone with it (mediocrity) later, with possible problems and has to think for himself how to fix and workaround them, if possible, of course) in the most important things that should be flawless and shine bright like a diamond.
    The example from these thread - dolby vision, I can't understand how they let to produce the TV with problem like this (I think the firmware is problem, but this firmware isn't repaired afaik yet even in v501, don't know about v508, but I don't think it is - If someone got info about that - let us to know..). Can't understand. The main function - watching - and doesn't work.. really?! It's freakin' annoying. TCLs TVs aren't the cheapest in 50+ inches to be honest, so.. of course this is budget shelf, but.. not the cheapest. Can't understand once again and again..
    The flashing of the screen stopped, however, still without the 144hz. I don't know what else to do to get my Nvidia control panel to offer this option.
    Hi, at the launch of the tv there was a problem with the nvidia cards to activate the 144hz, in tests that i saw online it was ok with AMD but not NVIDIA. On the other hand i don't know if it is with all nvidia cards or not. I have an AMD card but I haven't tested 144hz yet, just 120.
    You also have to change to 8bits colors for 4k 144hz, in 10bits you can only have 4k 120hz.
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

LINK

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
    build= 1669174746
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000418
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    I have tried your suggestion but the result suggests Youtube videos based on "Play Store" or "Google Play Store". The search result does not bring up the actual playstore application. I have the same problem since day 1. Why the Google Play store app is not visible? And another thing, why when ai search for a game title i never get any results back???
    Install this apk....Play store will appear in home page...
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V473.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V473.000411

V473 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 02 2022
    build= 1667398451
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000411
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    I have 50c735 europe_pl (bought and use here) first set up update firmware to v477, but that's it, no more updates to do, it says - nothing to update. I know that there are few next updates so I decided to do update by myself, but to be sure and safe, just for know I just update with v496 OTA, of course reset shop, reset all and after that full factory reset and configuration of all Google TV once again with all apps etc.. Hmm.. I don't know if this update give something new, may be some functions or naming of it, may be little smooth feeling, but rather little not many. Hmm, but what I noticed, after update the screen is more more red.. and maybe pink moreover in some movies/ apps so I have to change white balance in expert mode 2 points and red boost set to -16 and blue -2, now is very good, but.. hmm someone also noticed it?? Some said here that the Dolby Vision is repaired now, but don't know what, maybe is more smooth, maybe - ok, but still the problem about @OnyOnaki said above actually exist. I can't say that is brightness lag, its like a delay in led backlight software saying about reaction. Hmm Im good with that to be honest, it doesn't annoying me, but some in my family said that is really not cool. Hm.. in my opinion this is a dynamic hdr so..., but yeahh.. it could be faster... To avoid big jumps of brightness I set bright preset and gamma -1, everythings OFF and dynamic mapping on OFF [but to be honest this option is really good to have ON, because of details that he helps you to see in very white scene, but.. also makes more work to brightness regulators]...

I think about v501 flash via IMG and make completly fresh instalation, but.. don't know if it make sense. I think the main problem is CPU and everything we say its about him. TCL make not good move with making money on us who don't need big-bigg screens and they implement ****ty realtek CPU inner <50 inchs. Really sad, because these TV to be honest isn't the cheapest we can buy, but maybe some updates helps us.

Maybe someone has calibration settings for these C735 SERIES to 50 inches etc.. screens, I mean of course calibrated with sensor, not on eye, because on eye I also did that, I've got good eye hehe, but if someone has settings made by pro, it will be be nice to share with us.

Someone test v501 on c735? I saw there isn't at v501 OTA so.. I don't know if it is safe.. and if it is worth to update.

EDIT: UPDATE ABOUT FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE DOLBY VISION BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM, THERE IS A WORKAROUND SOLUTION AND SOMETHING LIKE A GOOD NEWS.

I found these instruction here on xda in other thread with beyond TVs:
    1. Activate Quick Start (EVEN if you have this option ON, just do TURN OFF AND TURN ON THIS OPTION once AGAIN)
    2. Turn off (hold power button on remote control 5 seconds and say YES/ OK to turn off question and unplug the TV and of course after 10-15 sec, plug in powercord to TV again)
    3. Turn on the TV
    4. Let it load all the GTV UI
    5. Turn off the TV with the remote control button (but not completly, just one short click - to quick start standby mode)
    6. Turn the TV back ON with the button on the remote
    7. Put the movie or series with Dolby Vision
    8. Enjoy, finally, the movie or series without brightness changes in the scenes

And if you always use stand-by quick start turn off turn on method od remote control, these will be work. If you unplug TV or you lost power on TV powercord you will need to do that ALWAYS ONCE AGAIN AND AGAIN [DON'T SKIP ANY STEP, JUST DO THAT ALWAYS THE SAME WAY]. Don't test it how it will be working after few days and making a mess with apps etc.

And these is that good news - its only firmware problem, not a hardware, but the question is if the TCL knows about that and has a will to repair that in next updates. Some say here that the V501 repair that. Don't know, im on v496 now after manual OTA update with V477 stock firmware, but on these two version, it was the same problem. Maybe I will try to V501 IMG full firmware flash with reset all and reset shop before, and factory reset after flash this IMG and I will also report if that helps or not, but to be honest I think TCL don't know how to repair that. I know one TV from my country which is on the market warranty Service and 7 days after still we don't know what will be done in this case. I also forward these news and instruction how to workaround these problem and maybe service will contact with TCL SUPPORT and MAYBE THEY forward this information on the next steps, but to be honest in these budget - the only we can do now is to have hope that they will still work on these platform, it's 2022y model so maybe... Don't know, will see.