TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

lapist

1. Videos played on it (thru IPTV apps, Netflix etc) are not very smooth, I can see considerable stuttering in movement. It seems it is much smoother when using the same apps on Fire TV Stick (4k Max) connected via HDMI, but only when I have TV Stick's output set to 8bit colors - if I set 10 or 12bit, it stutters too. Is there any way to reduce that stuttering? Or is it caused by too slow CPU in the TV, that doesn't have enough power to play 24-25 fps content on 60 Hz TV with the postprocessing it has, and there can't be done much to fix it?
I reflashed v483 and upgraded it to v496 using OTA ZIP, set everything again, then set limit for background processes in Developer options to 3, and it seems that the stuttering is almost gone. Hopefully it will stay like that 🙂

EDIT: Unfortunately it stutters again. Perhaps it depends on app, tasks running in background, or CPU temperature.. 😔

Last edited:

extream87

Dec 23, 2013
Xbox gui works for me. Also when i enable game master in the top right corner appears port, reso, gamemaster. I will post an picture later.

CyberPhoenix69008

Dec 3, 2022
Hello, from france. I buy the 50c735 , so i give you my return. First time i have problem with automoatic brightness. Brightness was not sync with the scene (0.5 sec delay)so i did a reboot /with switch off the power cord. The problem is now solve.
Secondly, i have stuttering with 4k/hdr scene in app on the tv (amazon prime) i call tcl and do a complete reset and it’s do nothing… i think the processor on tv is not good / or the refresh rate of this tv is so bad (60htz)/ or maybe some bug.

I have an apple tv hd , it’s better with movement optimisation on tv at 10. I buy the 4k apple tv soon so i give you some new information soon. An other problem was the CEC with apple tv work to on the tv but won’t off (tcl has no solution).

So i try an echange with my supplier to the mod 55c735 (120htz) maybe it’s better.

Finally i don’t find homekit /airplay on this tv . Maybe it’s the french version don’t have it ? I’ll try another language if it’s activate it.

Some new after 20 December if a recive the 55c735. Hope it’ll be better

lapist

Hi guys, could someone owning a C635 or C735 confirm if it is possible to rotate the screen 180° in the service/factory/hidden menu?
I'd really appreciate your help since I'd like to avoid ordering the TV blindly and trying it/sending it back if it's not possible.
I know, it's a weird use case!
I checked the service menu on my C635, but didn't see such option..or at least nothing was clearly named like that, but there is still a chance that it is hidden somewhere..

Reactions: testguest

lapist

@CyberPhoenix69008 Does 50c735 have the same poor Realtek CPU like C635 and 60 Hz panel, while 55C735 has faster Mediatek CPU and 100 Hz? If so, are there any differences between 50C735 and 50c635?
Anyway, on my 55C635, I got smoother system when I enabled Apps Only mode in profile/user settings and limited background processes to 2-3 in Developer options. Videos played in Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+ and Amazon Prime (including 4k and HDR, but Dolby Vision content is not so smooth) seems to be smooth now, but I get a lot of stuttering in IPTV apps (which is 25 fps content fullhd ). Those are smoother from my Fire TV Stick Max 4k. At least CEC works fine for me with Fire Stick.
Did you try updating to the latest firmware from the Telegram group?

Last edited:

CyberPhoenix69008

Dec 3, 2022
@CyberPhoenix69008 Does 50c735 have the same poor Realtek CPU like C635 and 60 Hz panel, while 55C735 has faster Mediatek CPU and 100 Hz? If so, are there any differences between 50C735 and 50c635?
Anyway, on my 55C635, I got smoother system when I enabled Apps Only mode in profile/user settings and limited background processes to 2-3 in Developer options. Videos played in Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+ and Amazon Prime (including 4k and HDR, but Dolby Vision content is not so smooth) seems to be smooth now, but I get a lot of stuttering in IPTV apps (which is 25 fps content fullhd ). Those are smoother from my Fire TV Stick Max 4k. At least CEC works fine for me with Fire Stick.
Did you try updating to the latest firmware from the Telegram group?
I don’t try to update firmware for now , I’m waiting the 55c735

pingpong100

Dec 4, 2022
Hi, I recently bought a TV model C635 - 55 inches. The TV works properly, but when I connect an xbox game console the screen gets a warm tint and it causes the screen to display inaccurate colors at all, I would love to know how to solve this problem.

tonarii

Apr 20, 2019
Hi, I just thought about something, is it possible to change the tv resolution just like you can do when you use it as a PC monitor ? When you play old quality sources from regular tv channels for instance, to be able to just display the channel in native 1080p might be sometimes better than using the 4k upscaling function of the tv.
Do you think it's possible to do that ? And if not, why manufacturers don't let us do this ?

lapist

Hi, I recently bought a TV model C635 - 55 inches. The TV works properly, but when I connect an xbox game console the screen gets a warm tint and it causes the screen to display inaccurate colors at all, I would love to know how to solve this problem.
Yes, for some reason it gets warm/yellow colors by default. You can change color temperature to Normal or cold in advanced picture settings on the TV.

pingpong100

Dec 4, 2022
Yes, for some reason it gets warm/yellow colors by default. You can change color temperature to Normal or cold in advanced picture settings on the TV.
Wow, thank you very much, and I thought my TV was broken or something, I was very upset. Now that I have changed the color settings, will these settings be saved forever or will I have to adjust it, again and again, all the time?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Wow, thank you very much, and I thought my TV was broken or something, I was very upset. Now that I have changed the color settings, will these settings be saved forever or will I have to adjust it, again and again, all the time?
You should take a time and read this threat.....
Has 4 main picture settings, all can be saved if is set to "Current input"...and not to...All inputs.

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
Hello all. I recently bought a 55'' C635 TCL TV. Till now I am ok with this purchase. I am in SW version v477.
A few things i have noted:
1. First days of use, while watching TV channels, there was a time to time delay between sound and image. I shut down and turned on again and it got solved. I believe that this is a bug that hopefully will be fixed some time soon.....

2. In the Library section of the Google TV I cannot find any game to install. It is like any game title has been removed from the Google TV library for me. I search for "badland" or "crossy road" etc and i get feedback "something went wrong" or something similar. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Why I cannot see games section in the library at all? Or when searching for any game i get no results at all???

3. I have Apple TV+ subscription and watch some shows there. I can say that Dolby Vision is not impressive, at elast to my eyes. Looks like a filter to apply on top of the screen and that filter somehow removes some picture details. When i see a 4K video on YouTube without Dolby Vision, the picture clarity is much better. So is there a way to disable Dolby Vision from setting menu?

Thank you.

lapist

Which Xbox do you have? Can you try enabling VRR in Inputs settings and then in Xbox Video setting, to see if you can then enable Game Master function in the TV?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

LINK

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB
    OTA network auto update and OTA on telegram, no difference.
    100% same file.
    People posting without any clue.
    Hello there,
    Are these TV good?
    I'm thinking on buying a new tv and these seem to be good on price / quality IMO.
    If you read this thread you will know if yes or not, but to be honest I have mixed feelings. These TVs have good VA panels. Very clean and great picture quality, colour, contrast, and even black level, but it is still LCD not OLED. These TVs have also everything you need and want, but not everything of these works well or at least not for everyone. It always depend of bought piece and firmware instalations stuff. Android devices have always problems, small or big problems, but always they actually have and you need to accept the reality of those devices. TCL is typical china stuff with medium quality assurance in production stage and as on the all china devices with android - even if that device has good stuff inner I mean cpu, ram, good quality mobo elements, screen and etc.. - but the always problems are with firmware/software. I think sometimes that they never have enough time to write good firmware and the most problems are because of fails in firmware and it works like sh*t sometimes and always you need to find any workarouds to work with these device. The best example is that Dolby Vision. Ehh.. to be honest don't know what to say.. I wouldnt buy the TCL TVs once again or at least for a few years, maybe in few years TCL will learn and be better brand, because for now it is like a first older sh*tty xiaomis or ztes mobile phones, where the hardware was nice, but firmware omg... I think don't wanna say anything more, but nevertheless also don't know what will be better and give you the same soo much in the same good TCLs prices.
    The flashing of the screen stopped, however, still without the 144hz. I don't know what else to do to get my Nvidia control panel to offer this option.
    Hi, at the launch of the tv there was a problem with the nvidia cards to activate the 144hz, in tests that i saw online it was ok with AMD but not NVIDIA. On the other hand i don't know if it is with all nvidia cards or not. I have an AMD card but I haven't tested 144hz yet, just 120.
    You also have to change to 8bits colors for 4k 144hz, in 10bits you can only have 4k 120hz.
    Not so, sir. The concept of quality in production has changed a lot in the recent period, and there are many international companies that have given concessions to factories in Asian and African countries to implement some models of devices with modest quality. Giant and well-known companies are now seeing devices made in their name with major manufacturing errors and problems with the quality of the materials and parts used, and yet they pay a high amount of money for the brand name only. Well-known brands focus only on high-end devices. That is why Chinese companies have appeared strongly in the recent period... For example, TCL used to buy QLED screens from Samsung factories before 2019. Then TCL bought the factory from Samsung and became the one to supply screens for some Samsung models!!! The same is the case with many well-known international companies that have come to rely on Chinese factories to supply all their needs of ready-made parts and raw materials, and send them to their factories in Asia and Africa for assembly and branding on them.......
    Yea.. and everything still mean that the problem is always in sh!ity-atittude in china products producents and at the end of this story - the client himself. Samsung also sh!t. LG it depends on models. Panasonic don't know, haven't seen any product since 10 years. Sharp maybe, but honestly nothing special. Toshiba.. yeaa where is Toshiba. Myself don't know what to buy instead of TCL to be honest and this is the worst thing, but even if you wanna buy something better now what will be complete-device, f!ck don't know what, because even higher models of reputable brands have bugs and it doesn't work well sometimes, but I think this is the new world problem in technology - mediocrity in everything and lack of refinement (i feel sometimes the everything is left as it is and the client is left alone with it (mediocrity) later, with possible problems and has to think for himself how to fix and workaround them, if possible, of course) in the most important things that should be flawless and shine bright like a diamond.
    The example from these thread - dolby vision, I can't understand how they let to produce the TV with problem like this (I think the firmware is problem, but this firmware isn't repaired afaik yet even in v501, don't know about v508, but I don't think it is - If someone got info about that - let us to know..). Can't understand. The main function - watching - and doesn't work.. really?! It's freakin' annoying. TCLs TVs aren't the cheapest in 50+ inches to be honest, so.. of course this is budget shelf, but.. not the cheapest. Can't understand once again and again..
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

LINK

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
    build= 1669174746
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000418
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V473.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V473.000411

V473 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 02 2022
    build= 1667398451
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000411
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    I have 50c735 europe_pl (bought and use here) first set up update firmware to v477, but that's it, no more updates to do, it says - nothing to update. I know that there are few next updates so I decided to do update by myself, but to be sure and safe, just for know I just update with v496 OTA, of course reset shop, reset all and after that full factory reset and configuration of all Google TV once again with all apps etc.. Hmm.. I don't know if this update give something new, may be some functions or naming of it, may be little smooth feeling, but rather little not many. Hmm, but what I noticed, after update the screen is more more red.. and maybe pink moreover in some movies/ apps so I have to change white balance in expert mode 2 points and red boost set to -16 and blue -2, now is very good, but.. hmm someone also noticed it?? Some said here that the Dolby Vision is repaired now, but don't know what, maybe is more smooth, maybe - ok, but still the problem about @OnyOnaki said above actually exist. I can't say that is brightness lag, its like a delay in led backlight software saying about reaction. Hmm Im good with that to be honest, it doesn't annoying me, but some in my family said that is really not cool. Hm.. in my opinion this is a dynamic hdr so..., but yeahh.. it could be faster... To avoid big jumps of brightness I set bright preset and gamma -1, everythings OFF and dynamic mapping on OFF [but to be honest this option is really good to have ON, because of details that he helps you to see in very white scene, but.. also makes more work to brightness regulators]...

I think about v501 flash via IMG and make completly fresh instalation, but.. don't know if it make sense. I think the main problem is CPU and everything we say its about him. TCL make not good move with making money on us who don't need big-bigg screens and they implement ****ty realtek CPU inner <50 inchs. Really sad, because these TV to be honest isn't the cheapest we can buy, but maybe some updates helps us.

Maybe someone has calibration settings for these C735 SERIES to 50 inches etc.. screens, I mean of course calibrated with sensor, not on eye, because on eye I also did that, I've got good eye hehe, but if someone has settings made by pro, it will be be nice to share with us.

Someone test v501 on c735? I saw there isn't at v501 OTA so.. I don't know if it is safe.. and if it is worth to update.

EDIT: UPDATE ABOUT FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE DOLBY VISION BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM, THERE IS A WORKAROUND SOLUTION AND SOMETHING LIKE A GOOD NEWS.

I found these instruction here on xda in other thread with beyond TVs:
    1. Activate Quick Start (EVEN if you have this option ON, just do TURN OFF AND TURN ON THIS OPTION once AGAIN)
    2. Turn off (hold power button on remote control 5 seconds and say YES/ OK to turn off question and unplug the TV and of course after 10-15 sec, plug in powercord to TV again)
    3. Turn on the TV
    4. Let it load all the GTV UI
    5. Turn off the TV with the remote control button (but not completly, just one short click - to quick start standby mode)
    6. Turn the TV back ON with the button on the remote
    7. Put the movie or series with Dolby Vision
    8. Enjoy, finally, the movie or series without brightness changes in the scenes

And if you always use stand-by quick start turn off turn on method od remote control, these will be work. If you unplug TV or you lost power on TV powercord you will need to do that ALWAYS ONCE AGAIN AND AGAIN [DON'T SKIP ANY STEP, JUST DO THAT ALWAYS THE SAME WAY]. Don't test it how it will be working after few days and making a mess with apps etc.

And these is that good news - its only firmware problem, not a hardware, but the question is if the TCL knows about that and has a will to repair that in next updates. Some say here that the V501 repair that. Don't know, im on v496 now after manual OTA update with V477 stock firmware, but on these two version, it was the same problem. Maybe I will try to V501 IMG full firmware flash with reset all and reset shop before, and factory reset after flash this IMG and I will also report if that helps or not, but to be honest I think TCL don't know how to repair that. I know one TV from my country which is on the market warranty Service and 7 days after still we don't know what will be done in this case. I also forward these news and instruction how to workaround these problem and maybe service will contact with TCL SUPPORT and MAYBE THEY forward this information on the next steps, but to be honest in these budget - the only we can do now is to have hope that they will still work on these platform, it's 2022y model so maybe... Don't know, will see.
    OTA network auto update and OTA on telegram, no difference.
    100% same file.
    People posting without any clue.