TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
So, do you know what the v440 firmware update adds?
For more info, you should go to telegram and in search type V440......

tekkno100

Jun 27, 2022
I bought a TCL 43C735 a week ago.

This TCL 43c735 is nice but ..
HBB tv does not work properly on this TV. HBB TV live channels (live stream, in Poland, mux 8 and Live channels on TVP Go) do not work.
Likewise, the TV rewind function does not work on TVP channels in HBB.

Additionally,
By activating the hbb functions in the TV menu, the TV station list no longer works. By default, the list of TV stations is on the remote control under the "OK" button (and it should be under the "LIST" button). When enabling HBB, the "OK" button is a function button for HBB and it is not possible to include a TV station list.

Is there any newer, correct software for TCL 43C735?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I bought a TCL 43C735 a week ago.

This TCL 43c735 is nice but ..
HBB tv does not work properly on this TV. HBB TV live channels (live stream, in Poland, mux 8 and Live channels on TVP Go) do not work.
Likewise, the TV rewind function does not work on TVP channels in HBB.

Additionally,
By activating the hbb functions in the TV menu, the TV station list no longer works. By default, the list of TV stations is on the remote control under the "OK" button (and it should be under the "LIST" button). When enabling HBB, the "OK" button is a function button for HBB and it is not possible to include a TV station list.

Is there any newer, correct software for TCL 43C735?
And your TCL 43C735 has which software installed ?

tekkno100

Jun 27, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_222305.jpg
    IMG_20220627_222305.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
You can update with V464 OTA (post #10) first or V468 IMG (post #33).

Additionaly, have one custom firmware R183 IMG....

In pic you posted has two models....43C735 and 43C635...?

tekkno100

Jun 27, 2022
You can update with V464 OTA (post #10) first or V468 IMG (post #33).

Additionaly, have one custom firmware R183 IMG....

In pic you posted has two models....43C735 and 43C635...?
Thank you,
V464 and V468 are newer than the software I have in 43c735? This TV went on sale 2 weeks ago.

Yes, it makes me wonder too, why are there two models listed in "product information" (system data)?
Model Name: C735
Model code: C635
Could TCL 43C735 be exactly the same as 43C635? Only under a different name? What has TCL done with this C735 series? Are the C735 models from 55 "the real C735 and the models with 43" and 50 "dies the same as the C635?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thank you,
V464 and V468 are newer than the software I have in 43c735? This TV went on sale 2 weeks ago.

Yes, it makes me wonder too, why are there two models listed in "product information" (system data)?
Model Name: C735
Model code: C635
Could TCL 43C735 be exactly the same as 43C635? Only under a different name? What has TCL done with this C735 series? Are the C735 models from 55 "the real C735 and the models with 43" and 50 "dies the same as the C635?
You have V443 firmware....March 14.
P735 & C635 is R51MT05 platform (same as your firmware).
Smaller size of C735 (43/50") TCL selling with older R51MT05 platform.
Bigger size of C735 (55/65/75") is under T615T03 platform.
See post #1 here....

petyas

Oct 9, 2007
Hello, I own a C935 with V432 software.

I have a few questions if anyone can advise, because the official TCL support is useless.

- Does anyone know how to turn off the Air Play configuration notification. I don't have Air Play, I don't want Air Play, but the TV is really annoying. I get 20 notifications a day about configuration. In Settings → System → Air Play I have selected to turn Air Play off, but still the notifications keep popping up.

- It doesn't stick to my picture settings. I have the picture set for the TV signal. But as soon as I switch to Netflix with Doby Vision or XBOX, when I switch back to TV, the picture settings change slightly. E.g. Micro Dimming fields, image smoothing, noise reduction, etc. I have the picture settings set to use for all sources.

- When I put on Neflix with Dolby Vision, any faster movements look horrible. like the TV is trying to sharpen the moving image, but instead it totally blurs it. For example, with Stranger Things, it's very visible. I have Netflix in 4k, the static and slow motion scenes are luxurious. I don't know if it's a problem of Netflix and their codec or a problem of the TV trying to sharpen or apply smooth motion. However, when playing a Dolby Vision show, neither of these options are offered in the video recording, so I don't know how to adjust or ideally turn it off. I don't have any other shows with Doby Vision.

- Does anyone know of a PVR functionality on TCL TV with Google TV. I was used to the fact that on my Philips OLED TV with Android TV 8, when I hit Pause on the TV, it automatically started recording to the USB drive. During Play, it then played from the drive and kept recording in the background, so one could finish watching the current show perfectly smoothly. Tohel is about the only functionality I really miss from my old TV.

borygo77

Feb 23, 2017
Ireland
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Moto Edge X30
About the pic settings in DV you need to press settings button on the remote and change it to DV bright or dark. IQ can't be modified.
There you can play with noise and motion settings.

Settings applied to all sources mean settings you've done for a material. Like DV you set on Netflix will be same if you plug in hdmi player.
You need to set any other pic settings for sdr for hdr and for dv separately..

When I finish watching DV or HDR TV always goes to last used pic settings I was before. Movie in my particular situation 😉

No idea about recording or timeshift PVR as I never used it on any TV.

Reactions: petyas

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

I have a few questions if anyone can advise, because the official TCL support is useless.

- Does anyone know how to turn off the Air Play configuration notification. I don't have Air Play, I don't want Air Play, but the TV is really annoying. I get 20 notifications a day about configuration. In Settings → System → Air Play I have selected to turn Air Play off, but still the notifications keep popping up.

- It doesn't stick to my picture settings. I have the picture set for the TV signal. But as soon as I switch to Netflix with Doby Vision or XBOX, when I switch back to TV, the picture settings change slightly. E.g. Micro Dimming fields, image smoothing, noise reduction, etc. I have the picture settings set to use for all sources.

- When I put on Neflix with Dolby Vision, any faster movements look horrible. like the TV is trying to sharpen the moving image, but instead it totally blurs it. For example, with Stranger Things, it's very visible. I have Netflix in 4k, the static and slow motion scenes are luxurious. I don't know if it's a problem of Netflix and their codec or a problem of the TV trying to sharpen or apply smooth motion. However, when playing a Dolby Vision show, neither of these options are offered in the video recording, so I don't know how to adjust or ideally turn it off. I don't have any other shows with Doby Vision.

- Does anyone know of a PVR functionality on TCL TV with Google TV. I was used to the fact that on my Philips OLED TV with Android TV 8, when I hit Pause on the TV, it automatically started recording to the USB drive. During Play, it then played from the drive and kept recording in the background, so one could finish watching the current show perfectly smoothly. Tohel is about the only functionality I really miss from my old TV.
- You need to disable Air play.
Use ADBAppControl to do this from your PC.

- As borygo77 posted , make sure "Apply all picture settings" is set to "Current input".
So, there will be separate setting for Dolby Vision, HDR , HLG , SD/HD/FHD.....
Don't use IQ, use Dark or Light, there are many colour settings to adjust (motion enhancement).

- PVR is for TV terrestrial channels only ( if available) ..read in manual

Reactions: borygo77

Messkid

Jul 3, 2022
Thanks for the info.

It is a very nice tv, love the colour accuracy and brightness. Blacks are black, not much blooming that I have seen. Built in speakers are great. Coming from a Sony x90j which I found very dark picture wise. This tv is amazing for the price. Just can't figure out the vrr function with xbox series x, gives a 10 second no input signal screen every time a game starts and vrr is activated. Other than that...perfect
Hi!
Same issue on my 65c835, did the v440 firmware fixed your issue?

tekkno100

Jun 27, 2022
Which country are u guys,.. ?! An amazing post to read U can have TCL C735 43" & C935 65" as well

Post pic of ur tv here.. i wanna see u with that tv?!!

Im in indonesia and we DONT get both of it..

TCL C735 only 50" up here

And NO C935 as well..only C835 .. for these time..

I hope will get it all in next few months,..?! Hope next month.. hope so..
43c735
Poland :)
There is a TCL factory in Poland that produces TCL equipment for all of Europe.

bloodymackey

Feb 16, 2011
Maynila
hi, i have 65c735 my question is regarding passthrough. i want to passthrough the atmos(truehd) from desktop to av reciever but i want the 120hz refresh rate.

i tried this setups:

desktop -> tv -> (earc) -> av receiver (denon x1600h)
video output is 120hz but if i play truehd(atmos) movie, tv passthrough dolby digital only..

desktop -> reciever -> earc -> tv
audio of movie (truehd/atmos) is passthrough to av receiver but limited the refresh rate to 60hz(max refresh rate of x1600h)

is c735 cannot passthrough truehd/atmos? please help me what setup is needed, play pc games in 120hz and watch movie passthrough the audio in truehd

ty

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Acongyathei007

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Wow..I just knew it. Bro..can u show me ,..which firmware that fit for me.. I use 43" TCL C725 a.k.a Q725 (in indonesia) .. that is work with 468 too?? Show me the link please..maybe the new one ( june/july update).

Please kindly reply my message, since I'm the stupid one here.. guide me slowly..will be appreciated.
Wrong thread....this is TCL 2022 models.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
V8-T615T03-LF1V462
...in wild, no link yet....

Attachments

• 2022-07-10_182832.png
    2022-07-10_182832.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
C835 review....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi i dont plug in hdmi and not usig game mode.
    Btw are local contrast and local dimming is same?
    Thanks
    You have in setting set to high......read the meaning.....
    My bad because i see on youtube, menu name is "local dimming" not "local contrast" 😂
    Hahha. The problem is Language when i change to english(india) there are "local dimming" and "local contrast" menu.
    Same as youtube that i see
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V462.
    MT9615 Platform (C735 & C835/C935).......V8-T615T03-LF1V462.000346

V462 OTA

build date= Jun 29 2022
    build= 1656505109
    security_patch= 2022-04-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR18:user/release-keys
    revision= 000346
    OTA size= 1.726 GB
    Thx for pic...last bottom can see well.
    Is't release date...Feb 22 2022 ?
    Thanks for pic.. 👍 ...at the moment V440 IMG is only available.
    OTA versions is quite rare.
    How C935 perform ?
    Thanks for the info.

It is a very nice tv, love the colour accuracy and brightness. Blacks are black, not much blooming that I have seen. Built in speakers are great. Coming from a Sony x90j which I found very dark picture wise. This tv is amazing for the price. Just can't figure out the vrr function with xbox series x, gives a 10 second no input signal screen every time a game starts and vrr is activated. Other than that...perfect
    About the pic settings in DV you need to press settings button on the remote and change it to DV bright or dark. IQ can't be modified.
    There you can play with noise and motion settings.

Settings applied to all sources mean settings you've done for a material. Like DV you set on Netflix will be same if you plug in hdmi player.
    You need to set any other pic settings for sdr for hdr and for dv separately..

When I finish watching DV or HDR TV always goes to last used pic settings I was before. Movie in my particular situation 😉

No idea about recording or timeshift PVR as I never used it on any TV.

- You need to disable Air play.
    Use ADBAppControl to do this from your PC.

- As borygo77 posted , make sure "Apply all picture settings" is set to "Current input".
    So, there will be separate setting for Dolby Vision, HDR , HLG , SD/HD/FHD.....
    Don't use IQ, use Dark or Light, there are many colour settings to adjust (motion enhancement).

- PVR is for TV terrestrial channels only ( if available) ..read in manual
    hi, i have 65c735 my question is regarding passthrough. i want to passthrough the atmos(truehd) from desktop to av reciever but i want the 120hz refresh rate.

i tried this setups:

desktop -> tv -> (earc) -> av receiver (denon x1600h)
    video output is 120hz but if i play truehd(atmos) movie, tv passthrough dolby digital only..

desktop -> reciever -> earc -> tv
    audio of movie (truehd/atmos) is passthrough to av receiver but limited the refresh rate to 60hz(max refresh rate of x1600h)

is c735 cannot passthrough truehd/atmos? please help me what setup is needed, play pc games in 120hz and watch movie passthrough the audio in truehd

ty