TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

Ed_Saxman

Oct 18, 2022
So you can actually play Xbox cloud games? Is the performance good? What game-pad have you used with? Xbox One controller works ok?

Of course you need a GamePass Ultimate subscription to play cloud games, but yes!

The performance is simply amazing, if you have a good internet bandwith and a reasonably low lag. It's limited to 1080p, though, but is still great to be playing in a few seconds to hundreds of titles.

I'm using the original Xbox Series gamepad. It connects to the TV using Bluetooth. Probably not as good as using the 2,4Ghz mode (the gamepad supports both) in terms of input latency, but still good. Latency was neligible to me anyway.

All in all, I was VERY impressed with the GamePass app performance running in my modest TCL C635 TV. The Microsoft Cloud service is simply awesome. And I find the whole GamePass Ultimate service really CHEAP for what it offers: 13€/month and it covers my PC, my Xbox Series X, my iPad, my mac, my iPhone and even my TV, standalone!!

During 2022, the GamePass app has been an exclusive for Samsung TVs, with the exception of "manual" installs on our Android TVs. But the exclusive ends in a few weeks, so theoretically the GamePass app will be available for any other TV manufacturer.

Good times to be a gamer: you don't even need a console or a computer anymore!

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
build= 1669174746
security_patch= 2022-06-05
gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
revision= 000418
OTA size= 1.734 GB

tonarii

Apr 20, 2019
Thanks !
Any informations about the changes on this update ?
Is there a changelog or someting ?

tonarii

Apr 20, 2019
Ok thanks.
(I'm new on this brand.)
Edit: noticed any changes on V474 ?

Last edited:

Wensum

Nov 29, 2022
Is it possible to control a Firestick 4k with the Tcl C635 remote?

I've added TCL in the TV Firestick device settings and turned on the HDMI-CEC on the Firestick and the TCL but no luck.

Reactions: tonarii

hypnopt

Nov 30, 2022
Hi, bought 55c635 recently, excelent value for money but I'm having lipsync/audio delay. If I reboot it it gets fixed buts it's annoying nonetheless, I even tried to disable fast start so it would reboot more often but sometimes I start the tv normally and it's delayed, then I reboot it and becomes ok. Can't really see a pattern here. Any clue how to fix? It's kinda a deal breaker if it's not possible to fix :( thank you.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hi, bought 55c635 recently, excelent value for money but I'm having lipsync/audio delay. If I reboot it it gets fixed buts it's annoying nonetheless, I even tried to disable fast start so it would reboot more often but sometimes I start the tv normally and it's delayed, then I reboot it and becomes ok. Can't really see a pattern here. Any clue how to fix? It's kinda a deal breaker if it's not possible to fix :( thank you.

I have same version, but not problem you indicate, knock wood. Mine is plugged in all the time, so powered but use remote pwr button to turn off.

One thing, I've never installed the google tv, just chose normal tv and use firestick exclusively.

Not sure that helps much, but I also use Avantree headphones wireless low latency. The sending device is connected with Aux, couldn't get the fiber connect to work, latency is okay even with aux.

what version firmware is on tv?

hypnopt

Nov 30, 2022
I have same version, but not problem you indicate, knock wood. Mine is plugged in all the time, so powered but use remote pwr button to turn off.

One thing, I've never installed the google tv, just chose normal tv and use firestick exclusively.

Not sure that helps much, but I also use Avantree headphones wireless low latency. The sending device is connected with Aux, couldn't get the fiber connect to work, latency is okay even with aux.

what version firmware is on tv?
Hi, I'm only listening through tv speakers so nothing connected at all. Firmware version is v8-r51mt05-lf1v501 . I'm using Google tv, it's one of the reasons I wanted to buy this tv infact. Not sure if it's Google tv not helping though.

dah145

Dec 2, 2022
Is it possible to control a Firestick 4k with the Tcl C635 remote?

I've added TCL in the TV Firestick device settings and turned on the HDMI-CEC on the Firestick and the TCL but no luck.
yes yo can, but it is awkward, you have to go to the cec menu in the TV, select firestick and go down to the menu option. You have to do this each time you want to control the firestick with your tv control.

pingpong100

Dec 4, 2022
Which Xbox do you have? Can you try enabling VRR in Inputs settings and then in Xbox Video setting, to see if you can then enable Game Master function in the TV?
I bought an Xbox Series X. I did activate the option of the games on the TV, after I changed the color settings on the TV, it worked out, thank you very much!

Wensum

Nov 29, 2022
yes yo can, but it is awkward, you have to go to the cec menu in the TV, select firestick and go down to the menu option. You have to do this each time you want to control the firestick with your tv control.
Thanks for the info but I couldn't get it to work. I also read somewhere that there would be a conflict with the home button - ie when you press home on the Firestick it would go back to the Android TV home.

pingpong100

Dec 4, 2022
Which Xbox do you have? Can you try enabling VRR in Inputs settings and then in Xbox Video setting, to see if you can then enable Game Master function in the TV?
Hi, I would appreciate it if you could help me with something small - according to the specification of the television there is one connection of HDMI version 2.1, but this is not indicated on the television itself so I do not know which connection to connect the console to in order to get the performance of the better connection.

aworan

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,
I own a 43c635 Tcl Tv and it is very good for the price. I successfully flash the last update v501 image file, install flauncher and remove a lot of bloatware with adb commands. While I activate USB debugging from developer setting I saw there is and option to "Allow bootloader unlock" option. I turn it on, but what to do after ? I presume I must go to fastboot mode and do some kind of "fastboot oem unlock" command ? I try to reboot the tv via adb in fastboot / recovery and bootloader. But when I boot one of this modes I have just a picture on tv with "No command" written. I try to connect with an USB-A to USB-A cable from my computer to the Tv but command "fastboot devices" show no devices. Somebody successfully unlock the bootloader for c635 Tvs ? Or have some ideas of things to try ? It can be very good because the image v501 is an archive file and there is the boot.img inside so I can patch it with magisk, but I cannot flash it until I don't unlock the bootloader first. Thanks to share your ideas with me :)

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
I also have the same issue time to time and i fix it by rebooting the TV. I am on v477 Sw. But you are on 501, right? So it has not been fixed even in the latest SW. This is not a good sign....Maybe a hard reset could solve the issue?? Not sure what to suggest here.....

lapist

Hi, I would appreciate it if you could help me with something small - according to the specification of the television there is one connection of HDMI version 2.1, but this is not indicated on the television itself so I do not know which connection to connect the console to in order to get the performance of the better connection.
Right, I am curious about that too. Some specs say that the TV has 1xHDMI 2.1 and 2x HDMI 2.0, somewhere I saw it has 3x HDMI 2.1, but TV manual doesn't say which HDMI is what version, nor is it written on the outputs...I tested Xbox SS in HDMI1 and HDMI2 and didn't see any differences...

umicro

Dec 5, 2022
Discrete IR codes for C735

I am currently setting up a home control system to include a C735 98-inch model and looking for some IR discrete codes in HEX format.

In particular, I need on, off and TV RF input. I already have the discrete codes for HDMI inputs.

Does anyone have them and is able to share?

Thanks

hypnopt

Nov 30, 2022
I also have the same issue time to time and i fix it by rebooting the TV. I am on v477 Sw. But you are on 501, right? So it has not been fixed even in the latest SW. This is not a good sign....Maybe a hard reset could solve the issue?? Not sure what to suggest here.....
Yeah i dunno I just turned tv on and it's fine. Sometimes it gets desynced and only reboot fixes it. I installed a couple of apps on Android tv dunno if that is not helping. I feel this processor isn't that great although I tried some streaming through moonlight and it performed decently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hjesa.
    I just want to hear about which ones are the most secure to update with.
    TCL98C735
    on version V8-T615T03-LF1V474 fw. eu now.
    Thanks
    V8-T615T03-LF1V605 OTA is the last version for your TV and it works stable on my 55C735.
    Hi everyone, owner of a TCL 65c635 TV with fw 576, I would like to upgrade, what firmware could I currently install? the device via the internet tells me that there is no update, but as I understand it can be updated via USB? which fw do you recommend? thanks in advance 💪
    You can install the latest V601, it works fine for me (55C635).
    I don't get any updates via internet, it seems that the only option is using USB. You should be able to find the guide here, but it is quite simple (just put ZIP file on USB stick formated as FAT32 or FAT16 and run update thru the menu).
    I have a 50" C635. Same thing here, it never updates through the internet. I'm still on v496. So what am I missing out on by not updating the FW?
    You should test it out by yourself :) Brightness no longer changes by scene in Dolby Vision, some changes in HDMI CEC functionality and game bar, people say that UI is faster (but I am using Fire TV Stick 4k Max for most of the things anyway)...
    TV TCL 65C735 Dobrý den.Jaký je nejnovější software pro tuhle televizi a napíše mě někdo jak to dostat do televize?Mě to přes usb flash nejde.Děkuju
    Nobody understand you....:rolleyes:

this forum is for ENGLISH only.....
    TCL finally!!!! released OTA update v603 also for EU region and i received it now here in the Czech Republic. I asked TCL via all possible channels why my 75C935 didnt have any update even it is/was their flagship TV with 8 years software support (such long support TCL promises in the TV C935 datasheets...) and i was still on v474 for more then 6 months (V8-T61 5T03-LF1V474.000418) with lots of SW bugs. And after many many questions (mainly about the bugs i found) from my side about it they finally released it also in my region.
    Now i have to check which bugs have been fixed/addressed ...

My findings with V603 on 75C935 after few minutes of checking TV are (same bugs were already in V474 on 75C935):

- switching TV channels by pressing P+ or P- will switch the input to HDMI (or another input like Google Movies) once you are on the last channel in your channels list (or first channel and press P-). Instead of to switch from the last channel to the first one (and vice versa) ... I don’t see any reason why P+/P- changes the inputs. Especially when there is already dedicated button for changing the inputs on both TV controllers...

- Game Master menu is tragically translated to the Czech language, but this is the last thing to solve, it bothers me least...

- i have console PS5 connected to the HDMI2. And the TV is not able to power off itself once i power off the PS5 even all CEC HDMI options are enabled. But TV is able to power on itself after i power on the console. So, CEC is not working properly.

- Once i power on the TV it sometimes/randomly shows me the last chosen input no matter what i set in the TV Menu. I have set the TV to show me Google TV home screen (desktop) all the time and didn’t choose the option "last input". It’s really annoying together with the previous point when you have to manually power off TV after you power off PS5 and you didn’t change the input on TV to DTV before you power it off. Then when you start the TV again it won’t shows you the Home screen (desktop) but it will start the PS5 console (it was the last input) and you have to find the console controller to power off PS5 and then switch the input to DTV/application/home screen or what you want... And if TV finally (from time to time) starts to the Home screen/Desktop + PS5 console was the last input and i choose the TV app/icon it will starts the PS5 console too, same as previous case...

- I still can’t modify the Home screen (desktop) at all. Can’t remove e.g. Prime Video or Google Play Movies ribbons/strips/lanes/bars or sort them vertically even my older OLED TV with Android is able to do that

What was fixed in V603:
    - Game Master had to be enabled manually every time again once i started the console in V474. Now there is the option to have it enabled all the time on chosen HDMI input...
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V519.
    R51MT05 Platform.....deducated for S546 MX,
    can used on P635/8 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V519.020965

V519 OTA

{Mod edit: Telegram link removed, Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator.}
    No one test the beta version..
    This is a forum for people who do exactly that. Developing and testing different firmwares and other forms of software development. If people didn't do that then you wouldn't have a forum to whinge on. Everybody is different and everybody has different things they enjoy doing, so I'd say yes there is people that care about it despite the fact that you may not.
    I have 50c735 europe_pl (bought and use here) first set up update firmware to v477, but that's it, no more updates to do, it says - nothing to update. I know that there are few next updates so I decided to do update by myself, but to be sure and safe, just for know I just update with v496 OTA, of course reset shop, reset all and after that full factory reset and configuration of all Google TV once again with all apps etc.. Hmm.. I don't know if this update give something new, may be some functions or naming of it, may be little smooth feeling, but rather little not many. Hmm, but what I noticed, after update the screen is more more red.. and maybe pink moreover in some movies/ apps so I have to change white balance in expert mode 2 points and red boost set to -16 and blue -2, now is very good, but.. hmm someone also noticed it?? Some said here that the Dolby Vision is repaired now, but don't know what, maybe is more smooth, maybe - ok, but still the problem about @OnyOnaki said above actually exist. I can't say that is brightness lag, its like a delay in led backlight software saying about reaction. Hmm Im good with that to be honest, it doesn't annoying me, but some in my family said that is really not cool. Hm.. in my opinion this is a dynamic hdr so..., but yeahh.. it could be faster... To avoid big jumps of brightness I set bright preset and gamma -1, everythings OFF and dynamic mapping on OFF [but to be honest this option is really good to have ON, because of details that he helps you to see in very white scene, but.. also makes more work to brightness regulators]...

I think about v501 flash via IMG and make completly fresh instalation, but.. don't know if it make sense. I think the main problem is CPU and everything we say its about him. TCL make not good move with making money on us who don't need big-bigg screens and they implement ****ty realtek CPU inner <50 inchs. Really sad, because these TV to be honest isn't the cheapest we can buy, but maybe some updates helps us.

Maybe someone has calibration settings for these C735 SERIES to 50 inches etc.. screens, I mean of course calibrated with sensor, not on eye, because on eye I also did that, I've got good eye hehe, but if someone has settings made by pro, it will be be nice to share with us.

Someone test v501 on c735? I saw there isn't at v501 OTA so.. I don't know if it is safe.. and if it is worth to update.

EDIT: UPDATE ABOUT FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE DOLBY VISION BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM, THERE IS A WORKAROUND SOLUTION AND SOMETHING LIKE A GOOD NEWS.

I found these instruction here on xda in other thread with beyond TVs:
    1. Activate Quick Start (EVEN if you have this option ON, just do TURN OFF AND TURN ON THIS OPTION once AGAIN)
    2. Turn off (hold power button on remote control 5 seconds and say YES/ OK to turn off question and unplug the TV and of course after 10-15 sec, plug in powercord to TV again)
    3. Turn on the TV
    4. Let it load all the GTV UI
    5. Turn off the TV with the remote control button (but not completly, just one short click - to quick start standby mode)
    6. Turn the TV back ON with the button on the remote
    7. Put the movie or series with Dolby Vision
    8. Enjoy, finally, the movie or series without brightness changes in the scenes

And if you always use stand-by quick start turn off turn on method od remote control, these will be work. If you unplug TV or you lost power on TV powercord you will need to do that ALWAYS ONCE AGAIN AND AGAIN [DON'T SKIP ANY STEP, JUST DO THAT ALWAYS THE SAME WAY]. Don't test it how it will be working after few days and making a mess with apps etc.

And these is that good news - its only firmware problem, not a hardware, but the question is if the TCL knows about that and has a will to repair that in next updates. Some say here that the V501 repair that. Don't know, im on v496 now after manual OTA update with V477 stock firmware, but on these two version, it was the same problem. Maybe I will try to V501 IMG full firmware flash with reset all and reset shop before, and factory reset after flash this IMG and I will also report if that helps or not, but to be honest I think TCL don't know how to repair that. I know one TV from my country which is on the market warranty Service and 7 days after still we don't know what will be done in this case. I also forward these news and instruction how to workaround these problem and maybe service will contact with TCL SUPPORT and MAYBE THEY forward this information on the next steps, but to be honest in these budget - the only we can do now is to have hope that they will still work on these platform, it's 2022y model so maybe... Don't know, will see.
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
    build= 1669174746
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000418
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

{Mod edit: Telegram link removed, Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator.}

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB