TCL 2022 Google TVs (P635/P735/C635/C735/C835/C935)

Search This thread

bernado82

Jan 31, 2023
Hello,

How do I stop Google TV from updating apps?. I have found the option to disable the automatic update for the TV software, but not for the installed applications.

Searches on Google go not help as they are related to different Android versions and not for the current Google TV Android 11.

I need to revert to Kodi 19.5 instead of the new Kodi 20.

Thanks a lot
Maybe you should install KODI v19.5 from an apk file (there should be no updates as it's not installed from the PlayStore)?

https://androidpctv.com/delete-kodi-20-install-kodi-19/

For security, test all downloaded apk files on https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload before installation.

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
Hello all. I have C635 55'. It has been updated to v508 a few weeks ago. No major issues till now.
But today i decided to connect the TV to my WiFi network (I had it over LAN all this time). My WiFi has two channels one 2.4 GHz and one 5GHz. The TV only scans the 2.4 GHz and it cannot connect on it by any means.
Why is this happening? Why 5GHz is not seen by the TV? And most important why it cannot connect to the 2.4 GHZ network? Is there any bug with v508 or are there any specific specifications needed for the WiFi router (like bandwidth, channel etc)??
Thank you.

Vintila

Dec 1, 2007
Hello,

How do I stop Google TV from updating apps?. I have found the option to disable the automatic update for the TV software, but not for the installed applications.

Searches on Google go not help as they are related to different Android versions and not for the current Google TV Android 11.

I need to revert to Kodi 19.5 instead of the new Kodi 20.

Thanks a lot

This is now solved.

To disable the automatic updates for the apps, the TV settings menu is not used, you need to use the Google Play Store app.

But, WTF is it?, this is not shown in the applications tab. Surprise, surprise…., you need to invoke it using the Google assistant button in the remote and saying “Play Store”. Once done you can disable the updates suing the options in the app.

Just for the files

Reactions: asikis

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
This is now solved.

To disable the automatic updates for the apps, the TV settings menu is not used, you need to use the Google Play Store app.

But, WTF is it?, this is not shown in the applications tab. Surprise, surprise…., you need to invoke it using the Google assistant button in the remote and saying “Play Store”. Once done you can disable the updates suing the options in the app.

Just for the files
I have tried your suggestion but the result suggests Youtube videos based on "Play Store" or "Google Play Store". The search result does not bring up the actual playstore application. I have the same problem since day 1. Why the Google Play store app is not visible? And another thing, why when ai search for a game title i never get any results back???

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
I have tried your suggestion but the result suggests Youtube videos based on "Play Store" or "Google Play Store". The search result does not bring up the actual playstore application. I have the same problem since day 1. Why the Google Play store app is not visible? And another thing, why when ai search for a game title i never get any results back???
I have found the way to get access to Play Store via the following video:

Just press to see all system apps.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Install this apk....Play store will appear in home page...

Attachments

• Play_Store_ATV_Shortcut.apk
    45.3 KB · Views: 102

lapist

Hello all. I have C635 55'. It has been updated to v508 a few weeks ago. No major issues till now.
But today i decided to connect the TV to my WiFi network (I had it over LAN all this time). My WiFi has two channels one 2.4 GHz and one 5GHz. The TV only scans the 2.4 GHz and it cannot connect on it by any means.
Why is this happening? Why 5GHz is not seen by the TV? And most important why it cannot connect to the 2.4 GHZ network? Is there any bug with v508 or are there any specific specifications needed for the WiFi router (like bandwidth, channel etc)??
Thank you.
Try using channel 1-11 for 2.4 GHz and 36-64 for 5 GHz. Higher channels may be problematic. Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz work fine for me on 55C635 and v508 FW in those channel ranges.

Reactions: dfinikis

asikis

Aug 23, 2008
Try using channel 1-11 for 2.4 GHz and 36-64 for 5 GHz. Higher channels may be problematic. Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz work fine for me on 55C635 and v508 FW in those channel ranges.
Hello @lapist . Although i used channels from the ranges you indicate, I changed the default ones to other values, for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and the TV connected. Thank you for your support.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

• Love
Reactions: King Mustard

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
I bought the 43C635 (Europe), and since I do plan to play with ADB and friends and have in fact already done so, I am a bit perplexed: do these TVs not have a recovery mode where I can factory reset?

I already almost bricked it (soft-bricked hopefully, but without knowing if there's a recovery mode, I don't know) by simply disabling the default launcher via ADB while thinking I had another suitable launcher that would start in it places, but I didn't. I only managed to get out of the black screen thanks to TCL's Quick which let me reach the settings, re-enable WiFi and ADB (WiFi had died for some reason).

I know that you can keep the Power button pressed with a firmware image in a USB storage device to flash a firmware, but a post in this thread says that does NOT factory reset the device, in this case meaning my ADB settings would still stick.

So am I stuck forever if I do something really bad in ADB? Is factory reset really only accessible if you can access the Android settings, System, Info...?

Another thing: what is the switch to the left of my Power button? I assumed it was the microphone switch, but Google Assistant works with Hey Google (not from the remote) regardless of the position of that switch. Also, the switch has no "On" or "Off" markings, or any markings at all.

The manual mentions a Mic switch, but this doesn't seem to be it.

jlname

Nov 28, 2008
Hi, is there any option to launch a specific app when the tv starts or turns on? For example, as Samsung has - turn on the last used application.
Who invented such an OS for Televitze, where it is not possible to set the behavior after turning on the TV. At the same time, it should be a basic thing about the behavior of the launcher.
I'm frustrated with how cumbersome the behavior is and everything has to be done manually.

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
Hi, is there any option to launch a specific app when the tv starts or turns on? For example, as Samsung has - turn on the last used application.
Who invented such an OS for Televitze, where it is not possible to set the behavior after turning on the TV. At the same time, it should be a basic thing about the behavior of the launcher.
I'm frustrated with how cumbersome the behavior is and everything has to be done manually.
Settings → System → Power & Energy → Power On Behavior → Last used input

That will make the TV go back to the last thing it was doing when you turn it on. You'll probably also want to make sure "Quick Start" is enabled, and don't restart the TV right after you power it off, or it will still start from scratch. It needs a few "off" minutes in my experience for the quick start to work.

There is also the Launch on Boot app, but it doesn't seem to behave correctly for me.

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
I'm confused. This post which is linked from the FAQ & Guides post says in passing that the best way to speed up Google TV is to "flash ATV firmware", which I assume means use the older Android TV rather than the new "skin".

Is this really possible? Can I flash Android TV on my TCL 43C635 (EU)? That would be amazing because I'm hating the restrictions Google TV imposes, and I'm learning of more and more things that could be done before with Android TV, but now, with Google TV, they can't (such as using voice search in basic no-account mode).

Last edited:

Alepisci

Jan 16, 2023
I'm confused. This post which is linked from the FAQ & Guides post says in passing that the best way to speed up Google TV is to "flash ATV firmware", which I assume means use the older Android TV rather than the new "skin".

Is this really possible? Can I flash Android TV on my TCL 43C635 (EU)? That would be amazing because I'm hating the restrictions Google TV imposes, and I'm learning of more and more things that could be done before with Android TV, but now, with Google TV, they can't (such as using voice search in basic no-account mode).
Good morning. I want to make it clear that I understand how each one relates to the TV OS, but I don't understand how someone prefers androidoTv to Google Tv. I say this because I have Nvidia shield for a long time. Since the 2015 version. And I noticed how OS have evolved. Today, with the C835, I continue with the same thought. My tv works perfectly, without any bugs. I'm on the latest update v474. Perhaps there are operational differences in TCL models as well as in other brands 🤷‍♂️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do you enable HDR10+ on the 50C635? Or is it enabled by default? I'm using it with a Series X. Do games on Xbox even support HDR10+...?
    It is enabled in the TV by default, but Xbox probably still doesn't support it (only HDR10 and Dolby Vision).
    Hjesa.
    I just want to hear about which ones are the most secure to update with.
    TCL98C735
    on version V8-T615T03-LF1V474 fw. eu now.
    Thanks
    V8-T615T03-LF1V605 OTA is the last version for your TV and it works stable on my 55C735.
    Hi everyone, owner of a TCL 65c635 TV with fw 576, I would like to upgrade, what firmware could I currently install? the device via the internet tells me that there is no update, but as I understand it can be updated via USB? which fw do you recommend? thanks in advance 💪
    You can install the latest V601, it works fine for me (55C635).
    I don't get any updates via internet, it seems that the only option is using USB. You should be able to find the guide here, but it is quite simple (just put ZIP file on USB stick formated as FAT32 or FAT16 and run update thru the menu).
    I have a 50" C635. Same thing here, it never updates through the internet. I'm still on v496. So what am I missing out on by not updating the FW?
    You should test it out by yourself :) Brightness no longer changes by scene in Dolby Vision, some changes in HDMI CEC functionality and game bar, people say that UI is faster (but I am using Fire TV Stick 4k Max for most of the things anyway)...
    TV TCL 65C735 Dobrý den.Jaký je nejnovější software pro tuhle televizi a napíše mě někdo jak to dostat do televize?Mě to přes usb flash nejde.Děkuju
    Nobody understand you....:rolleyes:

this forum is for ENGLISH only.....
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V519.
    R51MT05 Platform.....deducated for S546 MX,
    can used on P635/8 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V519.020965

V519 OTA

{Mod edit: Telegram link removed, Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator.}
    No one test the beta version..
    This is a forum for people who do exactly that. Developing and testing different firmwares and other forms of software development. If people didn't do that then you wouldn't have a forum to whinge on. Everybody is different and everybody has different things they enjoy doing, so I'd say yes there is people that care about it despite the fact that you may not.
    I have 50c735 europe_pl (bought and use here) first set up update firmware to v477, but that's it, no more updates to do, it says - nothing to update. I know that there are few next updates so I decided to do update by myself, but to be sure and safe, just for know I just update with v496 OTA, of course reset shop, reset all and after that full factory reset and configuration of all Google TV once again with all apps etc.. Hmm.. I don't know if this update give something new, may be some functions or naming of it, may be little smooth feeling, but rather little not many. Hmm, but what I noticed, after update the screen is more more red.. and maybe pink moreover in some movies/ apps so I have to change white balance in expert mode 2 points and red boost set to -16 and blue -2, now is very good, but.. hmm someone also noticed it?? Some said here that the Dolby Vision is repaired now, but don't know what, maybe is more smooth, maybe - ok, but still the problem about @OnyOnaki said above actually exist. I can't say that is brightness lag, its like a delay in led backlight software saying about reaction. Hmm Im good with that to be honest, it doesn't annoying me, but some in my family said that is really not cool. Hm.. in my opinion this is a dynamic hdr so..., but yeahh.. it could be faster... To avoid big jumps of brightness I set bright preset and gamma -1, everythings OFF and dynamic mapping on OFF [but to be honest this option is really good to have ON, because of details that he helps you to see in very white scene, but.. also makes more work to brightness regulators]...

I think about v501 flash via IMG and make completly fresh instalation, but.. don't know if it make sense. I think the main problem is CPU and everything we say its about him. TCL make not good move with making money on us who don't need big-bigg screens and they implement ****ty realtek CPU inner <50 inchs. Really sad, because these TV to be honest isn't the cheapest we can buy, but maybe some updates helps us.

Maybe someone has calibration settings for these C735 SERIES to 50 inches etc.. screens, I mean of course calibrated with sensor, not on eye, because on eye I also did that, I've got good eye hehe, but if someone has settings made by pro, it will be be nice to share with us.

Someone test v501 on c735? I saw there isn't at v501 OTA so.. I don't know if it is safe.. and if it is worth to update.

EDIT: UPDATE ABOUT FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE DOLBY VISION BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM, THERE IS A WORKAROUND SOLUTION AND SOMETHING LIKE A GOOD NEWS.

I found these instruction here on xda in other thread with beyond TVs:
    1. Activate Quick Start (EVEN if you have this option ON, just do TURN OFF AND TURN ON THIS OPTION once AGAIN)
    2. Turn off (hold power button on remote control 5 seconds and say YES/ OK to turn off question and unplug the TV and of course after 10-15 sec, plug in powercord to TV again)
    3. Turn on the TV
    4. Let it load all the GTV UI
    5. Turn off the TV with the remote control button (but not completly, just one short click - to quick start standby mode)
    6. Turn the TV back ON with the button on the remote
    7. Put the movie or series with Dolby Vision
    8. Enjoy, finally, the movie or series without brightness changes in the scenes

And if you always use stand-by quick start turn off turn on method od remote control, these will be work. If you unplug TV or you lost power on TV powercord you will need to do that ALWAYS ONCE AGAIN AND AGAIN [DON'T SKIP ANY STEP, JUST DO THAT ALWAYS THE SAME WAY]. Don't test it how it will be working after few days and making a mess with apps etc.

And these is that good news - its only firmware problem, not a hardware, but the question is if the TCL knows about that and has a will to repair that in next updates. Some say here that the V501 repair that. Don't know, im on v496 now after manual OTA update with V477 stock firmware, but on these two version, it was the same problem. Maybe I will try to V501 IMG full firmware flash with reset all and reset shop before, and factory reset after flash this IMG and I will also report if that helps or not, but to be honest I think TCL don't know how to repair that. I know one TV from my country which is on the market warranty Service and 7 days after still we don't know what will be done in this case. I also forward these news and instruction how to workaround these problem and maybe service will contact with TCL SUPPORT and MAYBE THEY forward this information on the next steps, but to be honest in these budget - the only we can do now is to have hope that they will still work on these platform, it's 2022y model so maybe... Don't know, will see.
    New TCL T615T03 Google TV Update available in V474.
    MT9615 Platform ....C735 & C835/C935.......(C728 & C825)
    V8-T615T03-LF1V474.000418

V474 OTA

LINK

build date= Nov 23 2022
    build= 1669174746
    security_patch= 2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTV
    product.build.fingerprint= TCL/G05_4K_GB/G05:11/AR2101/AR19:user/release-keys
    revision= 000418
    OTA size= 1.734 GB
    New TCL R51MT05 Google TV Update available in V508.
    R51MT05 Platform P638 & P735 & C635.........(P725 & C725).
    V8-R51MT05-LF1V508.020773

V508 OTA

{Mod edit: Telegram link removed, Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator.}

build date= Oct 19 2022
    build.date.utc= 1666183594
    security_patch=2022-06-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_GTVs
    build.fingerprint= TCL/G03_4K_GB/BeyondTV4:11/RP1A.200622.001/AR05:user/release-keys
    revision= 020773
    OTA size= 1.6GB