• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL 65C815K (C815) firmware update help

Search This thread

jerico9

Jul 1, 2012
Hi peeps. I know this has probably been answered a few times but I'm still trying to get my head around all the models and firmware versions. What does what etc
Ive just got mine 5 weeks ago. It's running on V8-R851T02-LF1V307.013836 I'm guessing that's version 307? I have seen newer versions but nothing official. The firmware on this is awful. Kicks me out of apps. Won't load some apps. Laggy. So let down by this. Any news on Android 10 or any updates I can do to make it better
Thanks

jerico9

Jul 1, 2012
I've just been on their website went to downloads software and the version it said was the latest was v363 so why won't my TV update to the latest version. Is there a way I can install from TV memory not a usb flash drive. I haven't got 1 to hand

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
I've just been on their website went to downloads software and the version it said was the latest was v363 so why won't my TV update to the latest version. Is there a way I can install from TV memory not a usb flash drive. I haven't got 1 to hand

Where have you found the latest firmware? Can you share the link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it already.

Last edited:

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
I recommend everyone to flash 379. For me its the best firmware so far. System is very fast, HDR is finally OK, before this only mode that hdr was watchable was PC, in all others colours and faces were blown and washed. Now i can happily watch HDR content on Standart, dynamic, smart hdr or any other mode, depends on taste. Also, IPTV apps are working perfect. Before this i would get deinterlacing or decoding issues with some HD channels, only mx player would be able to play those. Now its perfect, every single channel works as it should. This TV now performs better than my old Mi box 3, i didnt really expect that when buying. I dont use netflix, so cant comment on that, but i do use Amazon Prime, and it is working well. Audio and subtitles are in sync, i get no freezes or such.