TCL 65P815 firmware update problem and few things

Search This thread

alienspl

Sep 14, 2017
On FB, messenger .. They say there will be a software fix but it has been for a long time .. The problem is that you cannot update their official software .. The reason is that in the event of a power outage the picture becomes black .. Everyone who has a TV 65P815 panel ID 283 ..

alienspl

Sep 14, 2017
I am currently on Android 11 V277, Tv 65P815. I wrote the ID 283 panel on the V191 software.

DJBlaster-303

Aug 21, 2011
Bologna
no I didn't change project ID I just left it as it was, but yesterday I forgot to remove usb key and early this morning my parents wanted to turn on the tv and messed up something, now the tv has black screen and no sounds, nothing :(

I'm currently trying the recovery applying power with power button pressed

DJBlaster-303

Aug 21, 2011
Bologna
what was your native FW ?
I tried to update to V191 which is on android 9, and update was failure. There is something wrong with the FW
here you can find v0.83

Android 11 is in beta now, we have to wait for official final update
Hi superfly can ou please repost v083, I can't download from there as it says to wait till february

DJBlaster-303

Aug 21, 2011
Bologna
thaaaankssss, it is working again, I thought my olds messed up something as in audio settings there's an only audio option. But then no way.

so v083 is the last know good working firmware for those with H_Conless panel and 283 PID? I'm unlucky too then :(

Reactions: alienspl

alienspl

Sep 14, 2017
thaaaankssss, it is working again, I thought my olds messed up something as in audio settings there's an only audio option. But then no way.

so v083 is the last know good working firmware for those with H_Conless panel and 283 PID? I'm unlucky too then :(

I did so. I played the V191 version, but IMG, then when I had the black screen, I entered the code with the remote control to make it 283 ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So.. I have been trying change Project ID several times both to 283 and 305, but after every attempt TV restarts to backlight and blinking front LED.

When I type the key stroke 0 6 2 5 9 8 MENU 283 (or 305), when LED is blinking, nothing happens. So I press OFF on remote, LED stops blinking, backlight goes OFF and then steady ON. Then I do the key seq again and after ~2min I am back at restart, backlight and blinking LED.

Can you please upload somewhere V083?

EDIT: I have suspicion, that Project ID change does not work:
    Flashing LED, Backlight ON - put in code -> nothing
    so press OFF on remote -> 1/ LED stops flashing, backlight goes OFF and ON (and optical out goes ON)
    AND NOW I put code (0 6 2 5 9 8 MENU 283 (or 305)) and after ~2min TV restart to flashing LED and backlight ON (optical OFF).
    BUT if I do not do anything after pressing OFF on remote -> 1/ LED stops flashing, backlight goes OFF and ON (and optical out goes ON) the TV ALSO AFTER 2min restarts to flashing LED and backlight ON (optical OFF).

Any suggestions, guys?
    After whole day trying i have succeeded. V277 was the one.
    Have to flash from IMG and then change Project ID (it worked at last!) to 305. (At the end we found out I have ST6451D02-3 panel => PID 305)

VERY BIG THANK YOU to @stasiof , who had patience and will to help.
    Thank you again, man!

PS: Even though I have been in IT (consumer mostly) for more than 20 years, the Android environment is new to me and I really did not expect that different panels need different PIDs. Thanks to everyone who asked here and even more to those who answered factually. Thank you, guys!
    what was your native FW ?
    I tried to update to V191 which is on android 9, and update was failure. There is something wrong with the FW
    here you can find v0.83

Android 11 is in beta now, we have to wait for official final update
    it should, try second time if the first will failure
    jngiag, can you, please share screen with your panel type on your 272 with us?

Press Settings button -> Picture -> Advanced -> Brightness -> Contrast.
    In this sub-menu just press on remote numbers in order: 1950
    There you'll see blue menu in left side of TV.

P.S. I have different than english language, correct me if i was wrong.
    Seem like my panel is different from yours - ST6451D02-3. That may be the reason why your tv have a black screen while my tv is okay. Hope those who have ST6451D02-H could find a solution to it.
    Hmm.. that sounds better... maybe then it's worth. Anyway if no success i guess i can always switch back to v083and that will restores it, right?
    yes